1356 users online (350 members and 1006 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    749

    Ramsey's Dog-2 things

    Just a few more thoughts I had.......
    If we go with the theory that PR wigged out because JBR was wetting the bed and she accidentally "lost it" with her in the bathroom, don't you think PR would have "lost it"
    with their little Bichon dog, who was notorious for peeing all over their house at some previous time before the murder?

    Secondly, I find it super coincidental that the dog didn't stay with them the night she was killed? Was it because they were leaving for Charlevoix the next morning? If so, I would like to know if the dog had a history of traveling with them on their trips to their other home or to Nedra's when they visited since they had their own plane. My husband and I take our little Bichons on all of our trips on the plane (commercial) .

    Seriously, would they leave a dog who peed all over the place with their neighbors. How would the neighbors stand for that? Holding JBR's bike for x-mas in their garage is one thing, but a peeing dog?? And if the dog was peeing up the place, wouldn't it be doing potty all over the house also??

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by ellen13
    Just a few more thoughts I had.......
    If we go with the theory that PR wigged out because JBR was wetting the bed and she accidentally "lost it" with her in the bathroom, don't you think PR would have "lost it"
    with their little Bichon dog, who was notorious for peeing all over their house at some previous time before the murder?

    Secondly, I find it super coincidental that the dog didn't stay with them the night she was killed? Was it because they were leaving for Charlevoix the next morning? If so, I would like to know if the dog had a history of traveling with them on their trips to their other home or to Nedra's when they visited since they had their own plane. My husband and I take our little Bichons on all of our trips on the plane (commercial) .

    Seriously, would they leave a dog who peed all over the place with their neighbors. How would the neighbors stand for that? Holding JBR's bike for x-mas in their garage is one thing, but a peeing dog?? And if the dog was peeing up the place, wouldn't it be doing potty all over the house also??
    I know I have read that the dog had accidents in the house, but I don't know what the severity of the accidents were, however, I suspect it was from lack of training. Because of this, they gave the dog away - perhaps that was easier for them than to spend the time to housebreak the dog. I have a Bichon Frise, and they are extremely bright, and I had no trouble housebreaking her when she was a very young puppy The dog didn't stay with them because the dog no longer belonged to them..

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,475
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall it was the first Jacques that had accidents because their was something wrong with him.

    The second Jacques (gotten to replace the first one that they took back to the pet store) was taken to the Barnhills because it was more convenient for the Rams than kenneling, or taking him with them. I don't believe there are many parents that want to deal with watching after a small dog as well as 2 children while on a vacation...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeker
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall it was the first Jacques that had accidents because their was something wrong with him.

    The second Jacques (gotten to replace the first one that they took back to the pet store) was taken to the Barnhills because it was more convenient for the Rams than kenneling, or taking him with them. I don't believe there are many parents that want to deal with watching after a small dog as well as 2 children while on a vacation...
    Hi Seeker,

    The first Jacques was very sick and was going to die, and hence, the second Jacques was born from that puppy trade. The second one, I believe, was the accident prone one, and was the one given to the Barnhills., but hey, I could be wrong.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    685

    Another example of what a doting

    mother Patsy was. She didn't really want the dog, but JonBenet did, so she bought her one. Linda Hoffman Pugh would take the dog home when the Ramseys travelled, but Linda couldn't stand the yapping. So the Barnhills would watch the dog, and the dog became attached to them. The dog would go back and forth.....and JonBenet would play with it at the Barnhills. The yapping dog apparently was the reason the Barnhill's tenant--Glen Meyers went to the Ramseys on the 23rd to complain about the yapping dog to the Barnhills.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,183
    QUOTE>>Another example of what a doting
    mother Patsy was. She didn't really want the dog, but JonBenet did, so she bought her one.<<

    Sounds like bad parenting to me and the reason why we have so many unwanted animals running the streets.
    If Patsy didnt want the dog and wasn't willing to look after it, she should have said no. Sounds like a child getting spoilt to me.
    I don't think spoiling a child = a doting parent.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    749

    Smile

    Thanks everyone for your input about the dog.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,399
    In DOI, Patsy says that they got Jacques I (Jacques, hmmm? More of Patsy's love of anything French - she knows just where the accent marks go, just like in the RN!) just after she was recuperating from her cancer ordeal. JonBenet had been asking for one, and Patsy had been putting her off since she was ill, saying when she was better they would get one. JonBenet asked while they were out, and they swung by the pet store "just to look", and JB saw Jacques and pleaded for him. Patsy caved, seeing the desire and delight in her daughter's face. Jacques I was rather ill, and ended up dying soon after being bought, only to be secretly replaced by Patsy with look-alike Jacques II.

    Apparently Patsy's only concern with deciding to take on a dog was pleasing her daughter, with no thought to what was required in the care and maintenence of a dog, and she did it not only once, but twice. She just had to make sure that JB had the dog she wanted that she arranged to get a look-alike immediately (from the same pet store...why not look for a breeder, or somewhere else that doesn't sell sick dogs?) When they realized the second dog needed attention, needed caring, needed maintenence and training, they found another home for it at the Barnhills.

    This is spoiling.

    A doting mother would have informed the child what was required in the care of a dog and would have seen the child through the very rewarding experience of raising a pet to the benefit of all involved, including the dog. A doting mother would have made time to help the child train the dog, seeing that that was what was needed and that it was in the best interest of all.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuisanceposter
    Apparently Patsy's only concern with deciding to take on a dog was pleasing her daughter, with no thought to what was required in the care and maintenence of a dog, and she did it not only once, but twice. She just had to make sure that JB had the dog she wanted that she arranged to get a look-alike immediately (from the same pet store...why not look for a breeder, or somewhere else that doesn't sell sick dogs?) When they realized the second dog needed attention, needed caring, needed maintenence and training, they found another home for it at the Barnhills.

    This is spoiling.

    A doting mother would have informed the child what was required in the care of a dog and would have seen the child through the very rewarding experience of raising a pet to the benefit of all involved, including the dog. A doting mother would have made time to help the child train the dog, seeing that that was what was needed and that it was in the best interest of all.
    What is even more confounding about this is that Patsy grew up in a house of small dogs. In the book JONBENET'S MOTHER, Patsy's own cousin Debbie Krieg writes of how the Paugh family had Boston Terriers and even took the dogs with them in a trailer on family vacations (one dog in particular, Cinderella, was locked in the trailer's bathroom because it snored). So why would Patsy, in her 1998 police interview, seem to pretend that Jacques was practically the first dog she ever had to take care of? She says that someone had to "teach" her how to litter-train the dog and that she is not a dog person. For god's sake, she knew how a child needs to be taught to take care of a dog, she herself was a child who learned to take care of dogs! John wrote in DOI that he and Patsy had a dog named Liberty during the time they were building up one of his computer businesses out of their original Georgia house. Dogs were not a novelty to Patsy, she was well aware of everything that is required to own one, but she tried to pull the wool over the eyes of investigators and to some extent the general public for some reason on that issue.
    "That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." -- Anne Elk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,475
    What Patsy did by buying a dog for JonBenet was completely irresponsible.

    Patsy couldn't even teach JonBenet toileting methods let alone a dog. JonBenet was far too young to be given a pet that requires more care than say a hamster would.

    I doubt Patsy ever had to take care of anything growing up even if her family did have dogs. She wasn't even a decent housekeeper...

    I have no doubt that her parents had hired help who did everything while Patsy and Pam did nothing but concentrate on being beauty pagents and schoolwork. There are a lot of families like that though.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    21
    I did want to add that the fact that she gave the peeing Bichon away may mean that she couldn't take it anymore with the peeing (it's very difficult to give away a family dog...I know I couldn't do it). And to have a child wet the bed is a lot more stressful then a peeing dog. You have to change them (bath them), change the sheets on the bed.....all when you are really very tired in the middle of the night. Night after night of this could have put Patsy over the edge. Didn't they say that Jon Benet and her PJ's were soaked with urine?

    I just wanted to add that I had a Bichon for 11 years and now I have a 4 year old Bichon. It's nice to see that a few other websleuthers have Bichons (and yes mine travels with me too in the plane).

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,970
    I can't help thinking that this is one of those damn if you do ,damn if you don't scenerios,concerning Patsy.

    I can almost see some poster pounding their fists,and gnashing their teeth in anger,because poor JonBenet was begging and pleading for a little puppy of her own,but Patsy wouldn't let her have one! How selfish of Patsy,she's only concerned about JonBenet looking good and participating in pagents.

    So,Patsy,does get a puppy for JonBenet,and some posters are claiming Patsy is spoiling her child,and refusing to train the dog,etc.

    Either way ... she looks bad.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,183
    Either way she does look bad and that's because she was a pretty lousy parent whichever way you look at it.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pa, USA
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    Either way she does look bad and that's because she was a pretty lousy parent whichever way you look at it.
    Harsh Narlacat, do you really think PR was a lousy parent?

    Give me an example of a great parent.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,183
    Patsy Ramsey was only human, but it grates on my nerves when she is made out to be the perfect parent. She was far from perfect in the way she parented her children.
    She was too busy being a social butterfly to affectively parent her children.
    Giving in to your child's every whim does not make someone a great parent.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Ramsey's on CNN
    By Stef88 in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-18-2012, 06:06 PM
  2. Ramsey's how to do
    By Ravyn in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 08:18 PM
  3. Ramsey Lies
    By Jayelles in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 12:22 AM
  4. Ramsey v. Lindbergh
    By Voice of Reason in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-14-2005, 03:50 PM
  5. Another Ramsey article
    By Barbara in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-23-2004, 12:14 PM