1119 users online (181 members and 938 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 254
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    California
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by Danse_Macabre View Post
    Yes! I was wearing black jeans and a black t-shirt. nothing tight either!
    You're a striking woman. He probably would have said that to you even if you were wearing flannel pajamas


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1
    I would like to give some information to this investigation on these cases. I am an X pro X lot lizard X drug user and could help. I am from Cocoa Beach and Atlantic City and worked the truck stops in Texas and Oaklahoma 1985 thru 1988
    Last edited by Theluckyone9; 11-27-2016 at 12:47 PM.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by CriminalMinds View Post
    the long-hauler phenomena will NEVER stop,even if ViCAP was perfect----the victim pool is self-perpetuating and basically never-ending----It's like trying to keep sharks from eating fish
    It should be apart of the hiring process, all truckers should have to give a sample of their DNA. They already do background checks and test for drugs as part of the screening process, why not make giving a blood sample part of it as well? The samples should be submitted to CODIS, then if DNA is recovered during a homicide investigation they would only have to submit it to the national database in order to get a hit. It wouldn't stop a serial killer from offending, but it would make it a lot harder for them to get away with it, and a lot easier for law enforcement. Just an idea.

    Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    North of Boston
    Posts
    4,091
    Quote Originally Posted by LAbradford View Post
    It should be apart of the hiring process, all truckers should have to give a sample of their DNA. They already do background checks and test for drugs as part of the screening process, why not make giving a blood sample part of it as well? The samples should be submitted to CODIS, then if DNA is recovered during a homicide investigation they would only have to submit it to the national database in order to get a hit. It wouldn't stop a serial killer from offending, but it would make it a lot harder for them to get away with it, and a lot easier for law enforcement. Just an idea.

    Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    Personally I think the constitution over rides that idea. I do not think we can constitutionally single out certain segments of the population because of what might happen.

    IMO at the very least a CORI background check should be required in all states. I am unsure of the status of that currently.

    All new members and guests;

    To Websleuths!

    A Must Read - Websleuths (WS) Etiquette & Information

    Also - WS Lingo

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    18,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Theluckyone9 View Post
    I would like to give some information to this investigation on these cases. I am an X pro X lot lizard X drug user and could help. I am from Cocoa Beach and Atlantic City and worked the truck stops in Texas and Oaklahoma 1985 thru 1988
    Welcome to Ws Theluckyone9!
    Glad you are still " here" and here, on Ws.
    Someone will no doubt will post current information about where to send any tips that you may have!

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    North of Boston
    Posts
    4,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Theluckyone9 View Post
    I would like to give some information to this investigation on these cases. I am an X pro X lot lizard X drug user and could help. I am from Cocoa Beach and Atlantic City and worked the truck stops in Texas and Oaklahoma 1985 thru 1988
    Theluckyone9! Your input is likely valuable.

    If you have information you think can benefit Law Enforcement check out the contact numbers in this thread:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...6#post12932616

    Check out the threads in all the sub forums for The Killing Season series here;
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/for...KILLING-SEASON
    All new members and guests;

    To Websleuths!

    A Must Read - Websleuths (WS) Etiquette & Information

    Also - WS Lingo

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    3
    I have Info. Please contact me

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    North of Boston
    Posts
    4,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Tresna View Post
    I have Info. Please contact me
    Tresna!

    See my post above yours on what to do with information

    Thanks for joining us!
    All new members and guests;

    To Websleuths!

    A Must Read - Websleuths (WS) Etiquette & Information

    Also - WS Lingo

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    16
    First post. I am watching the series. So impressed, remembering Josh and Rachel's work on Cropsey; a documentary that was also amazing. Their work on the Daytona victims was excellent police work.

    It should be a part of the hiring process, all truckers should have to give a sample of their DNA. They already do background checks and test for drugs as a part of the screening process, why not make giving a blood sample part of it as well?


    Regarding the DNA registry, there may be civil rights issues. It's like fingerprinting everyone who applies to non-government jobs. Where does it end? Today the truckers, tomorrow everyone who posts on Websleuths, just in case the killer posts on the board.

    It's not a real answer. I don't know what the answer is.
    Last edited by noche_de_luna; 11-27-2016 at 01:37 PM.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Currently Hawaii
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Theluckyone9 View Post
    I would like to give some information to this investigation on these cases. I am an X pro X lot lizard X drug user and could help. I am from Cocoa Beach and Atlantic City and worked the truck stops in Texas and Oaklahoma 1985 thru 1988
    Welcome. To WS glad you are here .

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk


  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Currently Hawaii
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by noche_de_luna View Post
    First post. I am watching the series. So impressed, remembering Josh and Rachel's work on Cropsey; a documentary that was also amazing. Their work on the Daytona victims was excellent police work.



    Regarding the DNA registry, there may be civil rights issues. It's like fingerprinting everyone who applies to non-government jobs. Where does it end? Today the truckers, tomorrow everyone who posts on Websleuths, just in case the killer posts on the board.

    It's not a real answer. I don't know what the answer is.
    So let me interject a remedy here. I am all about my rights. Buy when I served in the army I had my finger prints taken before even going to boot camp.

    Shouldn't a trucking job that travels all over the country require something on a national level ? If it's left to state by state it would be too hard to keep up with and fall through the cracks.

    Aren't our major highways Federal or Government ? I am pretty sure if you kidnap someone and take them across state lines it becomes federal.

    Just Saying

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    733
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy001 View Post
    So let me interject a remedy here. I am all about my rights. Buy when I served in the army I had my finger prints taken before even going to boot camp.

    Shouldn't a trucking job that travels all over the country require something on a national level ? If it's left to state by state it would be too hard to keep up with and fall through the cracks.

    Aren't our major highways Federal or Government ? I am pretty sure if you kidnap someone and take them across state lines it becomes federal.

    Just Saying

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    There is a grey area when it comes to the interstates. Interstates started out as a government program. However each state now is responsible for the portions of each interstate that runs in their state for maintaining the physical state of the road. Sadly federal and state laws do not always work together. Take for example alcohol. While alcohol is legal on the federal level there are still states, counties and cities who choose to deem it illegal. So you can purchase alcohol while in a area it's legal, however if you get pulled over while in a area deemed illegal you are getting your purchases confiscated and in some cases you are arrested for possession. I for one am a girl believer if something is legal on the federal level it should be legal on the state, county and town level.

    In order to develop a system that works nationwide it would take full cooperation on all levels. I for one am all for DNA being taken at the time of birth so it is on file for LE. I am all for fingerprints being on file for every person and those should be taken when tjey get a drivers licence or state ID. Going about our DNA or fingerprint files would be for everyone and be more fair than making it mandatory for just certain sectors.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    217
    Where I grew up you're required to give your fingerprint or you don't get your driver's license and I mean just a class c. I would highly dislike having to give my dna for anything. But under these circumstances this particular line of work I think it should be considered. What do you all think?

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by proctorelites View Post
    Where I grew up you're required to give your fingerprint or you don't get your driver's license and I mean just a class c. I would highly dislike having to give my dna for anything. But under these circumstances this particular line of work I think it should be considered. What do you all think?

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Given that there are about 500 unsolved murders where truck drivers are suspected, I agree.

    Sidenote: Rachel and Josh just kind of left us hanging when that serial killer named another truck driver. I realize they passed that information to the proper authorities but I am looking forward to a follow-up.

    Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2
    So glad you are ok and you are an x.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-27-2013, 10:02 AM
  2. UK - "I shot a killer monkey" : "What did you do during the war, daddy?"
    By wfgodot in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-26-2012, 11:16 AM
  3. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 02:11 AM
  4. Replies: 138
    Last Post: 03-10-2011, 12:50 PM

Tags for this Thread