James Bisset / Shannan Gilbert connection

pipingplover

Reaction score
Hello all, this is something I found very odd. I was listening to the websleuths podcast regarding the case, and the Gilbert family attorney said he had a witness who claimed Shannon was a client of Bisset. This stopped me in my tracks. This adds a whole new layer to the case and brings up many new questions. I apologize if this has been discussed before, I just though it was a big development. Any thoughts or ideas.

More info on the Bisset-Gilbert connection: The Bisset family owns landscaping/nursery property all over LI (various types- land, garages, nurseries, etc.). There's no doubt that they have the means to transport things and have places to store things all over LI. The Bisset nurseries are also one of only a very few amount of places on LI where burlap sacks can be purchased. (This is something that the Killing Season docuseries investigates.) Bisset was a local figure- many people knew of him, and he personally knew many local politicians and law enforcement officials. It was also rumored that Bisset had personally known Shannon Gilbert and had met her months before she disappeared. The day after Shannon Gilbert's body was found, Bisset committed suicide in an empty parking lot.

Hello all, this is something I found very odd. I was listening to the websleuths podcast regarding the case, and the Gilbert family attorney said he had a witness who claimed Shannon was a client of Bisset. This stopped me in my tracks. This adds a whole new layer to the case and brings up many new questions. I apologize if this has been discussed before, I just though it was a big development. Any thoughts or ideas.

I've never heard this before either and I agree if it's true it a bombshell. Although it still doesn't mean he was LISK, he definitely should be looked at a bit closer. Is he also connected to JB somehow?

Can you share the link to the podcast that you're referring to?

FUNNY THING... JR in one interview stated that Bisset has NO connections to SG.

Doesn't he even state it in episode 3???

Either he was lying then or he lied on the radio show or he simply LOVES to get a rise out of people and drop these bombshells that never seem to hold water.

Who is this so-called witness??

This should go into a rumour mill or a rumour category because that's all it is at this point!

FUNNY THING... JR in one interview stated that Bisset has NO connections to SG.

Doesn't he even state it in episode 3???

Either he was lying then or he lied on the radio show or he simply LOVES to get a rise out of people and drop these bombshells that never seem to hold water.

Who is this so-called witness??

This should go into a rumour mill or a rumour category because that's all it is at this point!

Yes. You're right he does state it in one of the episodes! IIRC he said there no evidence whatsoever of a connection. (That's not an exact quote. I'll see if I can find it.)

So, either JR came up with some evidence, since taping that episode, or this is misinformation.

Piping plover can you share the link for the podcast?

Yes. You're right he does state it in one of the episodes! IIRC he said there no evidence whatsoever of a connection. (That's not an exact quote. I'll see if I can find it.)

So, either JR came up with some evidence, since taping that episode, or this is misinformation.

Piping plover can you share the link for the podcast?

I'm not pipinglover, but here's a link to the podcast:

Approx 41.30 or so is where there's discussion of Bissett. Where John Ray goes "on record".

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websle...n-ae-josh-zeman-rachel-mills-episodes-3-and-4

I don't have the exact quote for what Ray said on TKS, but my understanding was there is no evidence to prove Bissett is the killer/LISK. Maybe I misunderstood, but I will attempt to find a link to that episode.

ETA:

I sit/stand corrected!! I misunderstood. He (John Ray) does say (approx 16:50 of TKS Episode 3) "There's no evidence connecting Bissett to Shannan or any of these other women."

Soooo, I wonder when this episode was taped, and I wonder when Ray learned that Bissett was one of SG's clients??

Ray reportedly stated on the People Mag video thing that Bissett was a client. I don't have a link for that.

Unlike PS149, I don't think Ray lied just for sensationalism. (It would distract from some of those hats he wears, lol)

I have been following this case since 2011 and never heard that before so new information.

Maybe Ray will disclose the eyewitness who says Bissett was a client of SG's. I mean, he did disclose the Oak Beach resident who testified that Hackett told him he treated Shannan, didn't he??? (Was it somebody Anderson... Bruce or something??)

Also, I wonder.... who was SG's client who lived in the multi-million dollar home in Kings Park???

Maybe Bisset was part of a rich human hunting group who was afraid when the body was found he ended it for himself.The group would have to be people with money and may or may not be well known.There fore leave your cell phones home and no pictures.They were to be paid a large amount for following there instructions on the meet but was just a rouse to kill them.Wonder if it is a group how large is it? Could it involve other states? Other countries.

I have been following this case since 2011 and never heard that before so new information.

Great to know,, maddalena1, and thank you for everything it takes to know that and for sharing it.

What better welcome than that, pipingplover, could you have? Thank you for joining Websleuths and for piping in, of course. Am looking forward to more of your great questions. Much obliged.

From my understanding, serial killers do not feel remorse or sadness and it would be extremely rare and not of their nature to ever harm themselves, commit suicide. They do not care about much. This one seems to enjoy harassing and enjoys killing. I am not too sure he would go out like that.

From my understanding, serial killers do not feel remorse or sadness and it would be extremely rare and not of their nature to ever harm themselves, commit suicide. They do not care about much. This one seems to enjoy harassing and enjoys killing. I am not too sure he would go out like that.

I agree... I think it's very rare for serial killers to commit suicide. (There is/was Israel Keyes, but he was an exception.)
And, IIRC... Bissett had a close family member who committed suicide (which "statistically" made him more susceptible).

I agree... I think it's very rare for serial killers to commit suicide. (There is/was Israel Keyes, but he was an exception.)

Yeah, he only killed himself after he was caught and when he realised he wasn't going to get a quick execution (if he would have even gotten one at all).

While I wouldn't rule out JB solely on this, I'd say it makes him less and less likely

Maybe Ray will disclose the eyewitness who says Bissett was a client of SG's. I mean, he did disclose the Oak Beach resident who testified that Hackett told him he treated Shannan, didn't he??? (Was it somebody Anderson... Bruce or something??)

Also, I wonder.... who was SG's client who lived in the multi-million dollar home in Kings Park???
That is another lie intended to get a rise out of everyone. THERE ARE NO MULTI MILLION DOLLAR HOMES IN KINGS PARK NY. Even,the the Waterview homes there are all worth less than one million.

Totally false and misleading info!!!!

That is another lie intended to get a rise out of everyone. THERE ARE NO MULTI MILLION DOLLAR HOMES IN KINGS PARK NY. Even,the the Waterview homes there are all worth less than one million.

Totally false and misleading info!!!!

Okay, sooo... tell us about Bruce. Is it Bruce??

Okay, sooo... tell us about Bruce. Is it Bruce??

It is Bruce (leaving out last name -- but it's stated in TKS Ep 3). John Ray may have been tipped off to Bruce's knowledge of the SG events by a voracious WS poster a few years back who was an OB insider and felt strongly about Hackett, to put it mildly. Ray then subpoenaed Bruce in the civil action Shannan's family brought against Hackett.

In TKS Ep 3. here's what Ray said Bruce’s deposition revealed: "Hackett had told Bruce [last name] that Hackett had seen Shannan the morning that she disappeared. Shannan had come into his home. He had treated her, medicated her, and that she left his home in a confused state of mind."

According to public property records, this person owns a house at the far, far, far East end of Hawser Drive in OB.

I think it's important to point out that Bissett's has at least one wholesale (trade only) nursery and it's in Dix Hills located here 40°48'14.70"N 73°20'30.59"W.

That means many professional landscapers and contractors source their plant material from Bissett Nursery and have access to the burlap sacks and the burlap from the balled-and-burlapped trees.

Maybe Bisset was part of a rich human hunting group who was afraid when the body was found he ended it for himself.The group would have to be people with money and may or may not be well known.There fore leave your cell phones home and no pictures.They were to be paid a large amount for following there instructions on the meet but was just a rouse to kill them.Wonder if it is a group how large is it? Could it involve other states? Other countries.
I have wondered the same thing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back