827 users online (123 members and 704 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 129
  1. #46
    I was a sex worker at the age of twenty in 2000. Not because of drugs but because I had no skills to earn money & was expected to go to college full time by my parents. I had no money for food or rent. At first I thought it was just stripping, then letting a man masturbate to me, and then I was raped. After that I did not care about myself at all. I would drive myself out to country sides completely alone with only my cell phone. One night I met a man named Phill in Medford Oregon on a call, way out in the boondocks at his camper. He wanted a sex slave, and that was what I became. It was harrowing. This man was evil to the core. After he was done with me he told me he had hepatitis C. Thankfully I didn't contact it. Was this a form of mental torture? Yes. Phil was a pilot for United Airlines. Actually, he at one point even managed the Medford airport. I escaped that life and am now married to a police officer of all things. I'm truly blessed. I will never forget coming in contact with the many monsters that I did. I hope this gives some insight on sex workers.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    529
    Just to throw my 2 cents in about truckdrivers...I drove truck in 1994 (I am female) w/my BF as a team for 6 months (I wimped out when snow arrived in the mountains in the Northwest.) I loved it until I realized I was afraid to drive with chains on up or down a mountain with snow. But anyway...I have no bad experiences (as shortlived as it was!!) with any men on the road. They were very helpful, friendly, polite and generous. Believe me I looked for "what lurked out there" and never found it. Actually, I have found them to be a comfort on the road to this day.

    But, I do believe there are many instances that a truckdriver has been reponsible for missing/murdered women and men. But there are more good than bad, IMO.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesmiserables View Post
    I was a sex worker at the age of twenty in 2000. Not because of drugs but because I had no skills to earn money & was expected to go to college full time by my parents. I had no money for food or rent. At first I thought it was just stripping, then letting a man masturbate to me, and then I was raped. After that I did not care about myself at all. I would drive myself out to country sides completely alone with only my cell phone. One night I met a man named Phill in Medford Oregon on a call, way out in the boondocks at his camper. He wanted a sex slave, and that was what I became. It was harrowing. This man was evil to the core. After he was done with me he told me he had hepatitis C. Thankfully I didn't contact it. Was this a form of mental torture? Yes. Phil was a pilot for United Airlines. Actually, he at one point even managed the Medford airport. I escaped that life and am now married to a police officer of all things. I'm truly blessed. I will never forget coming in contact with the many monsters that I did. I hope this gives some insight on sex workers.
    Thank you for sharing your story. First of all I'm sorry you endured such he'll with Phil but I'm elated you escaped that life and now are married and living a better life.

    Quote Originally Posted by kat913 View Post
    Just to throw my 2 cents in about truckdrivers...I drove truck in 1994 (I am female) w/my BF as a team for 6 months (I wimped out when snow arrived in the mountains in the Northwest.) I loved it until I realized I was afraid to drive with chains on up or down a mountain with snow. But anyway...I have no bad experiences (as shortlived as it was!!) with any men on the road. They were very helpful, friendly, polite and generous. Believe me I looked for "what lurked out there" and never found it. Actually, I have found them to be a comfort on the road to this day.

    But, I do believe there are many instances that a truckdriver has been reponsible for missing/murdered women and men. But there are more good than bad, IMO.
    Don't feel bad for quitting because of the weather. A lot of people do that who enter the industry. I loved the challenge of the icy and snowy roads and putting on chains but it's not for everyone. But did you not see some of the most beautiful scenes ever while trucking? Your windshield is God's personal canvas and it's ever changing.




    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    529
    It was beautiful!! I was from the east coast so I really enjoyed everywhere I went! Never saw the Pacific ocean...one regret! Only states I didn't see were Maine, Montana (missed a great state I hear!) and North Dakota.

    I only had one bad scare on the road and that was at a motel when this man came out of a stairwell exit door and came towards me saying "I am going to kill you". I ran as fast as I could to motel desk because I didn't know who he was and why would he say that to me? The motel deskclerk just stared at me and said "Who him? He's my maintenance man". I knew I wasn't going to have any help from him so ran again to my room and barricaded myself in room till BF got back. Sometimes I think it must have been a bad dream but I know it happened and I will never understand what provoked him to say that to me. It was the scariest moment I think I had ever had. So random, unprovoked and never saw him before or after that moment he opened exit door. Feels like a bad movie.

    That was many years ago and have always wondered who he might have been and is that what an SK says to someone when they meet. It still freaks me out...it was such a snapshot in time!

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    674
    Holy crap! I would have needed a change of clothes and I wouldn't have stayed the night there.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    529
    I know I was trying to be a big girl! Plus it was too unbelievable...I still get creeped when I think about that odd few minutes. Especially when I ran for help and the manager looked at me like I was the crazy girl and pointed to him (how he got down there before me I don't know) and not only knew him but employed him! Very creepy moment in my life! Bur it taught me...that alone anything can happen in a matter of seconds. I can still hear his voice in that one second of interaction. That, the snowy mountains and taking a route in the dark (which I thought was a shortcut) only to find out once the sun came up that it was an extremely narrow mountain road (I was whipping around in the dark) that overlooked huge canyons (heights are also frightening to me!)...I was done...time to end my short career!

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by kat913 View Post
    I know I was trying to be a big girl! Plus it was too unbelievable...I still get creeped when I think about that odd few minutes. Especially when I ran for help and the manager looked at me like I was the crazy girl and pointed to him (how he got down there before me I don't know) and not only knew him but employed him! Very creepy moment in my life! Bur it taught me...that alone anything can happen in a matter of seconds. I can still hear his voice in that one second of interaction. That, the snowy mountains and taking a route in the dark (which I thought was a shortcut) only to find out once the sun came up that it was an extremely narrow mountain road (I was whipping around in the dark) that overlooked huge canyons (heights are also frightening to me!)...I was done...time to end my short career!
    Well hopefully you've found a career that suites you better now. But nothing will ever replace the awesome experiences you had out there on the open road.

    I'm still sitting here stunned the man said he was going to kill you. I wonder if maybe he was capacitated someway mentally or thought he was being funny and was playing out a scene in a movie or something.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    529
    It was a weird moment...nothing has ever come close to that! It was an empty corridor and he was an employee and I was alone and young...who knows. I have tried to remember what motel it was and even what state for further research like now. But I really did block it out. Many years later I have wondered if it was similar to that motel handyman who killed a woman, her daughter and daughter's friend in the Northwest somewhere and then another woman in a state park. I can't remember his name but what if it was? Nobody says that to you without meaning (I would hope). I have never heard those words ever again.

    Yes, I am a case manager today (dangerous sometimes as well!!) but I really enjoy it.

    Do you still drive with your husband? Or have you retired? Wonderful way to see the country and mother nature as well!

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by kat913 View Post
    It was a weird moment...nothing has ever come close to that! It was an empty corridor and he was an employee and I was alone and young...who knows. I have tried to remember what motel it was and even what state for further research like now. But I really did block it out. Many years later I have wondered if it was similar to that motel handyman who killed a woman, her daughter and daughter's friend in the Northwest somewhere and then another woman in a state park. I can't remember his name but what if it was? Nobody says that to you without meaning (I would hope). I have never heard those words ever again.

    Yes, I am a case manager today (dangerous sometimes as well!!) but I really enjoy it.

    Do you still drive with your husband? Or have you retired? Wonderful way to see the country and mother nature as well!
    It would bug me too to not remember later down the line when you need to remember something even if for your own curiosity.

    Very nice career move!

    I am no longer driving. I am retired now due to disability. (Not related to trucking). I have to use a walker and on some days a wheelchair so I do not even drive a car very often anymore. But I do get out there a couple of times a year. I do ridealongs with my spouse.

    Now I do freelance work for small trucking operations preparing IFTA tax and DOT compliance files.




    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    529
    I am sorry to hear walking is difficult...ridealongs are a nice treat I am sure. IFTA/DOT sound like thinking is involved lol...but a way to stay in the loop.

    Carey Staner was that handyman's name...but seems he only stayed in CA...thinking it was more like Tenn or NC. So that is a relief (although looks a bit like the ghost I remember!)

    Gonna get some sleep...take care Honesty


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    674
    You rest well as take care too.
    I'm still digging in the case maps trying to find a link to the dump sites.




    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    529
    What dump sites...see I am still awake lol!

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    674
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=155462

    Check out this thread above.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    529
    I have...is there an actual interactive map to work with or are you just looking at small dots. I have been fascinated with that map but have never been able to bring up actual points of reference (I would be pouring over it as well!)

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    529
    Have you used this as well?

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bility-Project!

    Very interesting!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. MO - Sanitation workers find fetus in KC trash truck
    By Jewels53 in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-13-2016, 01:38 PM
  2. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 12-11-2016, 06:39 PM
  3. Truck Drivers Alert! #2
    By CW in forum Stacy Peterson
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 12-10-2016, 01:47 AM
  4. Truck Drivers Alert!
    By SeriouslySearching in forum Stacy Peterson
    Replies: 396
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 06:45 PM