2042 users online (501 members and 1541 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 127
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1
    I returned to NW Ohio after being away for many years. I found out that a dear friend of mine from high school had become a sex worker, and her body was found naked, raped, and thrown onto the side of the Ohio Turnpike (I-80) near Toledo in 1978. It wasn't newsworthy then, except for the fact that they identified her as Dietlinde Tudor. The whole horror came back to me while I was binge watching The Killing Season and thinking that they just tumbled to the trucker/serial killer angle within the last twenty years.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    30,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustler View Post
    I returned to NW Ohio after being away for many years. I found out that a dear friend of mine from high school had become a sex worker, and her body was found naked, raped, and thrown onto the side of the Ohio Turnpike (I-80) near Toledo in 1978. It wasn't newsworthy then, except for the fact that they identified her as Dietlinde Tudor. The whole horror came back to me while I was binge watching The Killing Season and thinking that they just tumbled to the trucker/serial killer angle within the last twenty years.
    I'm really very sorry, Rustler. Many truck stop related murders occurred in Ohio around that time. In fact, it's the reason I became interested in researching higheay killings. As far as I know, none, or very few, were solved.

    Here's a news blurb about Dietlinde Tudor.

    https://news.google.com/newspapers?n...,6528395&hl=en
    Last edited by bessie; 12-15-2016 at 10:42 PM.
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK



  3. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    california
    Posts
    37
    Contrary to what your experience was, I myself am a female truck driver and I am aware of the opposite. I saw a sex worker at a truck stop during my 10 hour re-set. She knocked on my door to my annoyance since I was sleeping, a much needed sleep I maight add. Of course I turned her down and she went on her way. But, when my re-set was over I continued on my route and low and behold, 400 miles down the way, there she was. Wearing the same bikini top she had on in 20 degree weather. I threw her a blanket and told her to warm up and go home. This rings true to another post where I stated that anyone who gets in a truck is at the mercy of the driver. She could have been killed and dumped anywhere along the road and never found. Or at the very least subjected to devious sex acts as a condition of her release at a truck stop rather than along a road side. This unfortunatly is no joke and how it works sometimes. I'm sure she probably didn't choose to be taken to another state 400 miles from her home turf. If in fact it was her home turf. Who knows she may have been father away then I was aware of. Fortunatly she was not at my next stop but hopefully did make it home safely. I have often wondered if she was okay.

  4. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by newangles View Post
    Contrary to what your experience was, I myself am a female truck driver and I am aware of the opposite. I saw a sex worker at a truck stop during my 10 hour re-set. She knocked on my door to my annoyance since I was sleeping, a much needed sleep I maight add. Of course I turned her down and she went on her way. But, when my re-set was over I continued on my route and low and behold, 400 miles down the way, there she was. Wearing the same bikini top she had on in 20 degree weather. I threw her a blanket and told her to warm up and go home. This rings true to another post where I stated that anyone who gets in a truck is at the mercy of the driver. She could have been killed and dumped anywhere along the road and never found. Or at the very least subjected to devious sex acts as a condition of her release at a truck stop rather than along a road side. This unfortunatly is no joke and how it works sometimes. I'm sure she probably didn't choose to be taken to another state 400 miles from her home turf. If in fact it was her home turf. Who knows she may have been father away then I was aware of. Fortunatly she was not at my next stop but hopefully did make it home safely. I have often wondered if she was okay.
    I am so naive. I didn't even think they would ask female truck drivers. I have so much to learn.

  5. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by pineappleexpress View Post
    I am so naive. I didn't even think they would ask female truck drivers. I have so much to learn.
    They knock on every door down the line, they don't know who's behind the curtain til you answer. Most of the time they'll tell me, "oops wrong truck" but I've also been asked for money for this or that.

    Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    10
    Shelly12 very scary reminds of the network of serial killer theory john robert williams mentioned on TKS.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    california
    Posts
    37
    Speaking of him. I don't think he is telling the whole truth. I feel like he is catfishing in the sense that he is giving you just enough to get your attention but not really telling the whole truth. Since he is in prison and a known serial killer, he is able to speak out but also bear in mind that if he is responsible for directing law enforcement to the "group" he refers to it can and will catch up to him. Snitching in prison is not acceptable but snitching on a serial killer group, if they are caught will put him in direct line of being killed himself. That being said, I believe there is some truth to what he said but he down played it. In other words, there is a much larger group of serial killers than he claims there is. There are teams of serial killers communication with one another on a regular basis. Also he is one of them and has been part of this communication process but hasn't copped to it yet and may never do so. As with truckers and sex workers I assume there is a code among them that prevents them from talking about thier crimes and the ruse they use to lure these victims. Where they meet and frequent, where there dumping grounds are, how they kill or prefer to kill, what their perferred type is and why they do what they do. Intimate knowledge of what makes these killers tick. I would like to talk to sex workers that have spent time with him to see if they picked up on anything like this.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    california
    Posts
    37
    I think we need to incorporate Mexico and Canada in our map data. This pattern will likely extend to other countries out side of this continent since truck transportation is world wide. Maybe even extend ViCAP to an international level as well. I believe we are only scratching the surface of this issue. I'm curious to know how many serial killers who have been caught and/or executed, found their victims or at least trolled for a victim in these truck stops. Or even traveled as a truck driver themselves or as a passenger in transit and frequented these areas. Either traveled on these roads at one time and found an ideal dumping ground for themselves or at the very least scouted these areas. The biggest problem I see for any killer is disposal of the body, Right? Why not drive/travel and seek one of these areas out prior to killing or even hunting a victim.
    If you know anything about animal behavior they will always have an area where they go to eat the other animals they kill and when they are finished they don't move the carcass somewhere else, they just leave it in a certain spot so they can go back and finish later. This continues until the carcass becomes too 'old' and they move on to the next fresh kill. Again they take the animal to a designated spot and leave it there. Eventually migrating by nessessity.
    But humans don't kill for food but still exhibit the same 'hunter' mentality at the serial killer level. Seeking out prey, stalking it, watching it in it's habitat, tracking it, getting as close as possible to it with out detection, making eye contact or briefly engaging the prey before pouncing and finally killing it. In every case the killer is required to move the victim either dead or alive to another spot where the final act is commited (unlike animals not eaten) and discarded. Then back to the hunt again.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    654
    I'm not so sure Mexico should be included. American trucks do not cross over and load or unload in Mexico.

    How commercial freight works with Mexico is there are birder towns. Take Laredo, TX for example. There are tons of warehouses in the city.

    Freight coming from Mexico to the US goes to the warehouses and is unloaded. Before it can cross from Mexico to the US it must clear customs.

    Once the freight crosses the border from Mexico, the driver takes it to a warehouse. The freight order is unloaded and stored in the warehouse until a US driver arrives for the order and the order is then loaded in the US trailer.

    Up until a few years back drivers from Mexico were not even allowed to drive in the US commercially. They are now but under certain rules and regulations. This means some of the newer murders could be the work of a driver from Mexico. And it is plausible a Mexican driver could commit murder in his own country but not plausible a US driver would be responsible for murders in Mexico.

    Maybe we will get lucky here and hear from some drivers from Mexico. Maybe they would be able to help is understand commercial transport better in their country of origin.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    california
    Posts
    37
    Maybe this will help with the West Mesa cases. There has to be some kind of cross over whether it is legal or illegal. I was in Loredo and as you know there is alot of shady stuff down there. Not to mention the randon checks on the highway that runs through there. I for got which one it was but we need to broaden the possible causes by opening up dialog with the illegal side of things as well. Promising to remain annonymous about loads but keeping the eye on the prize of finding a lead to their killers. I think we need this kind of information. Thank you for your post. It was very infomative. I refuse loads down that way due to the danger factor. I have no desire to go there. As you said, understanding how things operate down there may lead us in the right direction or at the very least open up more possibilities to who is responsible for these murders.


  11. #86
    I agree that Mexico should not be included. I lived there in a motel for 2 months for trucking school and learned a lot about Laredo, and drivers do drop their loads, pick up an empty, and cross back to Mexico. I don't think it's Mexican serial killers wreaking havoc across the US, if that was the implication, or vice versa. Most US drivers wouldn't cross either, because cartel crime is so bad, and trucks are targeted for their freight.

    Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by IrisesAndDaffodils; 12-20-2016 at 03:58 PM.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by newangles View Post
    Maybe this will help with the West Mesa cases. There has to be some kind of cross over whether it is legal or illegal. I was in Loredo and as you know there is alot of shady stuff down there. Not to mention the randon checks on the highway that runs through there. I for got which one it was but we need to broaden the possible causes by opening up dialog with the illegal side of things as well. Promising to remain annonymous about loads but keeping the eye on the prize of finding a lead to their killers. I think we need this kind of information. Thank you for your post. It was very infomative. I refuse loads down that way due to the danger factor. I have no desire to go there. As you said, understanding how things operate down there may lead us in the right direction or at the very least open up more possibilities to who is responsible for these murders.
    Laredo is very sketch and scares me. But you can score some great eats down that way!
    I'm not sure how long you've been a driver but can you remember about when it was that the Mexican truck drivers were starting to be allowed to drive in the US? I'm going to have to go back and do some research. It's in recent years I know. I need to refresh my brain on what year it started and what the rules are.

    Quote Originally Posted by IrisesAndDaffodils View Post
    I agree that Mexico should not be included. I lived there in a motel for 2 months for trucking school and learned a lot about Laredo, and drivers do drop their loads, pick up an empty, and cross back to Mexico. I don't think it's Mexican serial killers wreaking havoc across the US, if that was the implication, or vice versa. Most US drivers wouldn't cross either, because cartel crime is so bad, and trucks are targeted for their freight.

    Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    You are very brave to endure 2 months in that city. If you are female I do hope you had someone you could trust with you at all times you were not in your classes for your training.

    I truly believe that almost 100% if not all of the victims who are on the highway initiative list will be the victims of US residents. I really wish we had more access to the information on that list. It's driving me batty. I really want to study those cases more in depth.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1
    ***PERSON OF INTEREST***


    I need some help. So I've watched the show and have spoken with my husband about it. He's a long-haul truck driver. I asked him if he's ever out and sees or gets suspicious of anything or anyone, message me with some info. Well he did. He met a man who gave him the creeps. He continuously talked to my husband about girls, asking if he's ever grabbed one just to scare them or if he's ever done anything that he could get into trouble for...

    If anyone wants to dig into this person, his name is <modsnip>. He is white, medium build, 5'7-5'8, mid-40's, medium length white hair, blue eyes and clean shaven.

    <modsnip>
    Last edited by sillybilly; 12-23-2016 at 04:15 AM. Reason: removed name and identifying info of person not officially named POI or suspect

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    3
    I'm not a current sex worker but I was training to become a dominatrix in Arizona when I was told some disturbing stories of some of the regular clients. One in particular was supposedly a licensed psychiatrist/psychologist nicknamed "Psycho John" by the dommes. He paid to talk about his sexual fantasies with the women, nothing too physical. Some of the fantasies I was told about included breaking & entering into a family home, raping the children and making the adults rape their own children. Also another one was abducting children from school and forcing them to fellate him then castrating them. Mutilation of genitals and breasts. Extreme & extremely specific fantasies. Far beyond normal BDSM play to the point that some of the women wouldn't even take him as a client. Keep in mind, most guys just want to be fisted or be pegged, stuff they can't get at home.

    After hearing about Psycho John I decided I couldn't do the job and didn't go back. Sometimes I think about going back and seeing if I can find out who he is because I can't imagine a person with such extreme advanced fantasy life hasn't acted on it. Either through assaulting a family member, downloading illegal pornography or stalking etc..

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    california
    Posts
    37
    That is a great lead! Sounds like a viable suspect for sure. At least he fits the profile now we need to find out if he was in the areas in question. Does he know what type of truck or what company he works for? PM Bessie with the info if your worried about it. Excellent lead. Did he mention what type of girls or maybe age? I know the conversation was brief but your husband may know more than he thinks. Ask him to recall the specifics of the conversation. Maybe his mannerisms too. Could be helpful to law enforcement.
    BTW didhe mention any strange encounters with female drivers? My theory is that female drivers aren't as aggressive rather they are the lure for the male drivers in the group mentioned in one of the episodes.
    Last edited by newangles; 12-26-2016 at 12:23 AM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. MO - Sanitation workers find fetus in KC trash truck
    By Jewels53 in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-13-2016, 01:38 PM
  2. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 12-11-2016, 06:39 PM
  3. Truck Drivers Alert! #2
    By CW in forum Stacy Peterson
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 12-10-2016, 01:47 AM
  4. Truck Drivers Alert!
    By SeriouslySearching in forum Stacy Peterson
    Replies: 396
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 06:45 PM