1235 users online (193 members and 1042 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,293

    OK/MS/TX - John Robert Williams/Rachel Cumberland

    Inmate may be connected to 7 women's deaths

    Texas investigator questions convict about truck-stop abductions.

    A Texas investigator visited Mississippi last month to once again interview a state inmate possibly linked to the serial killings of seven women believed abducted from truck stops in several states during 2003 and 2004.

    About two years ago, investigators from a multi-state task force came to Mississippi to question John Robert Williams and his girlfriend, Rachel Cumberland, of Carthage in relation to the slayings of seven female victims.

    In a case unrelated to those killings, Williams, 30, is serving a life sentence at the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman. He pleaded guilty in 2004 to the kidnapping and shooting death of Neshoba County resident Nikki Hill, whom he and Cumberland met at a casino. Cumberland, 37, pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the case and is serving a 20-year sentence.


    It was reported two years ago that Williams and Cumberland could face charges in Lafayette County in the death of an Oklahoma City woman whose body was found Aug. 20, 2003, off the Tallahatchie River Bridge. But those charges have not been filed.


    The Texas case involves the death of Casey Jo Pipestem, 19, a member of the Seminole tribe, whose body was found in January 2004 off a bridge in Grapevine. She last had been seen alive at an Oklahoma City truck stop.


    On June 4, 2005, Pipestem's case and those of the other women were included on the television show America's Most Wanted.

    Williams had been a long-haul truck driver, and Cumberland often accompanied him on trips, according to authorities.

  2. #2
    shadowraiths's Avatar
    shadowraiths is offline LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Specialist, infoSec Architect
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,867
    I split out this post as its own thread because Josh & Rachel interviewed this guy in Episode 6.

    Williams is the SK who claims that there is a group of about 7 truckers who are part of a killing club, who swap women to rape/kill. I attempted to research the name he gave but am unsure of the spelling. Rachel seemed to think it was Netahey whereas Josh thought it was Netahe. I did find a spelling that, imho phonetically sounds like the term he used: Nednhi (also spelled Ndéndai), which was a band of Chiricahua Apache warriors who mainly roamed the southwest.

    That said, I do have mixed feelings with regard to this man's claims. For starters, if you want to keep a secret, you keep it to yourself. Moreover, the more involved, the more likely someone is going to leak that secret. Then, there's his claim that a guy by the name of Jimmy Allen is a member of the aforementioned club. I did do a search for a Jimmy Allen, and found a Northern California career truck driver. So, the chance of him crossing paths with John Williams & Rachel Cumberland, who seemed to travel in the Mississippi, Texas, & Oklahoma area, seem extremely unlikely. And finally, his claim that "Nedni (sp?) an Apache word for Avowed Killers" has the feel of the sensationalistic old Satanic Panic days.

    But who really knows? Anyway, that is my takeaway of this Williams guy, at this point.



    Forensic Psychology Portal

    I tend to disappear from Websleuths from time to time.
    If I do, you can usually find me on
    Twitter.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    660
    Just a bit more info on the pair....also seems the crimes they were linked to (and suspected of commiting) involved being thrown over bridges. Interesting fact for researching similar crimes.

    http://murderpedia.org/male.W/w/will...ohn-robert.htm

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    NY, NY
    Posts
    147
    Also while researching "Netahey" I found it mentioned in a video game: http://ageofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Apache
    Which could totally be where they got it from and incorporated it into their own mythos. -Rachel

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4
    Thank you for posting about John Robert Williams I looked him up after watching the latest episode of The Killing Season. I was lead to this article on Listverse about 10 Serial Killing Long Haul Truckers. http://listverse.com/2015/10/31/10-s...haul-truckers/ I was shocked to see that John Wayne Boyer was hunting in my back yard and how it never made the news here. This is the reason I love The Killing Season it's bringing attention to not only Long Island but also to the "Missing Missing". How could this have gone on and the locals aren't aware??

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    17
    Here's a thought. So, you know how in the documentary they talked to the trucker serial killer? He said that there were seven people who organized killings. Five men and two women. What if that is true, and the two women were the ones that kidnapped Sherri Pappini?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Danse_Macabre View Post
    Also while researching "Netahey" I found it mentioned in a video game: http://ageofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Apache
    Which could totally be where they got it from and incorporated it into their own mythos. -Rachel
    I found an alternate spelling, no clue if this is the same word or not, but this is interesting:

    Yah-ta-hey (Navajo: Tʼáá Bííchʼį́įdii) is a census-designated place (CDP) in McKinley County, New Mexico, United States. As of the 2000 census, the CDP population was 580. The English name for this place is an approximation of a Navajo greeting, though the Navajo name means "like the devil", in reference to J.B. Tanner who operated the trading post located here.[1][2][3]

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yah-ta-hey,_New_Mexico

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Inmate may be connected to 7 women's deaths

    Texas investigator questions convict about truck-stop abductions.

    A Texas investigator visited Mississippi last month to once again interview a state inmate possibly linked to the serial killings of seven women believed abducted from truck stops in several states during 2003 and 2004.

    About two years ago, investigators from a multi-state task force came to Mississippi to question John Robert Williams and his girlfriend, Rachel Cumberland, of Carthage in relation to the slayings of seven female victims.

    In a case unrelated to those killings, Williams, 30, is serving a life sentence at the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman. He pleaded guilty in 2004 to the kidnapping and shooting death of Neshoba County resident Nikki Hill, whom he and Cumberland met at a casino. Cumberland, 37, pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the case and is serving a 20-year sentence.


    It was reported two years ago that Williams and Cumberland could face charges in Lafayette County in the death of an Oklahoma City woman whose body was found Aug. 20, 2003, off the Tallahatchie River Bridge. But those charges have not been filed.


    The Texas case involves the death of Casey Jo Pipestem, 19, a member of the Seminole tribe, whose body was found in January 2004 off a bridge in Grapevine. She last had been seen alive at an Oklahoma City truck stop.


    On June 4, 2005, Pipestem's case and those of the other women were included on the television show America's Most Wanted.

    Williams had been a long-haul truck driver, and Cumberland often accompanied him on trips, according to authorities.
    I find it very coincidental that the name Jimmy Allen is connected to an Oregon man who works alone for a himself in trucking, and who has 4 charges for violent sexual crimes. I looked up many of his details online and they mirror what Killing season uncovered.

    It's also particularly interesting to note that he now lives in Oregon, which is at the exact same position as New York is on the map. John Roberts Williams mentioned he planned to move to NY for easier killing. This could have possibly been for committing crimes across border in Canada and returning to US as both police systems would not be connected. Many truckers operate cross border in these areas.

    In any case it would be great to see this disgusting group of perverted killers brought to justice, if they exist. From the staggering numbers of missing women and deaths along the highways it's highly likely this is a common problem within the trucking community.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    731
    There are a lot of murders of women in Canada. We have some great information on this site about the murders. Sadly there is no indication there are any suspects. That is not tons there are no suspects but none have been named.

    Speaking of truckers crossing borders, be is a US trucker entering Canada or a Candian trucker entering the US there is a process.

    As a US driver entering Canada for the first time the driver will have his entire cab, driving area as well as sleeper berth, and the cargo inspected. He or she will then enter a office and provide identification to the birder agency. They do run a fast criminal background check on the driver. Canada does not want criminals entering their country and the US does not want criminals entering their country.

    To speed up the process, after the first initial background check a driver can get a FAST or a CDRP pass to show each time they enter the country. This is more or less a document a driver will have that is also stored in a database at the birder crossings that says this driver has been vetted and approved to cross into the country they are entering.

    The driver will still endure a short delay each time they cross as there are a lot of documents that have to be in place for the cargo to enter the country. As a US trucking company bringing cargo into Canada they must ahead if time request PAR's. The PAR is secured using a customs broker.

    At the check in lane a driver must show 2 proofs of ID. This is typically commercial drivers licence and their FAST card if they have one, a passport can also be used or certified birth certificate.

    A US driver entering Canada cannot have any weapons. This includes a knife over a certain length, pepper spray, and certainly no firearms. The process is pretty much the same for a driver entering the US from Canada.

    These guys are very aggressive in searching your property and cargo. They will open every little baggy, zipper, they will ecen look in the pockets of clothing hanging in the closet! It can be a little embarrassing as they even take a look at your very personal items.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8
    Hi all! Newbie here. Is there a discussion thread about the man Josh and Rachael interviewed after being referred to him by John Williams? He said (in so many words) he'd never acted on his dark impulses. I'm interested to hear others take on him.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowraiths View Post
    I split out this post as its own thread because Josh & Rachel interviewed this guy in Episode 6.

    Williams is the SK who claims that there is a group of about 7 truckers who are part of a killing club, who swap women to rape/kill. I attempted to research the name he gave but am unsure of the spelling. Rachel seemed to think it was Netahey whereas Josh thought it was Netahe. I did find a spelling that, imho phonetically sounds like the term he used: Nednhi (also spelled Ndéndai), which was a band of Chiricahua Apache warriors who mainly roamed the southwest.

    That said, I do have mixed feelings with regard to this man's claims. For starters, if you want to keep a secret, you keep it to yourself. Moreover, the more involved, the more likely someone is going to leak that secret. Then, there's his claim that a guy by the name of Jimmy Allen is a member of the aforementioned club. I did do a search for a Jimmy Allen, and found a Northern California career truck driver. So, the chance of him crossing paths with John Williams & Rachel Cumberland, who seemed to travel in the Mississippi, Texas, & Oklahoma area, seem extremely unlikely. And finally, his claim that "Nedni (sp?) an Apache word for Avowed Killers" has the feel of the sensationalistic old Satanic Panic days.

    But who really knows? Anyway, that is my takeaway of this Williams guy, at this point.
    Although the LE official Rachel and Josh contacted about this stated he did tell them about this as well but left out Mr Allens name. He also said he felt he was very credible in that everything he'd told them so far they were able to verify. This man has not one thing to lose by being forthcoming and stated quite frankly he knew EXACTLY how many women he killed and that it was over 30....many simply because of opportunity.... They tapped in the hood of his truck either hustling work a ride or money. He also said he was shocked it took LE so long to catch up to him as its "all the truckers talk about"....indicating their are FAR MORE than the 7 he mentioned out there. Now THIS is a man I'd like to sit and talk with.... I believe we have much to learn from him.... He certainly needs to do some good here before his time is up.... Scariest part is I would absolutely have trusted this man.... Crazy

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1

    Letter from Williams

    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Inmate may be connected to 7 women's deaths

    Texas investigator questions convict about truck-stop abductions.

    A Texas investigator visited Mississippi last month to once again interview a state inmate possibly linked to the serial killings of seven women believed abducted from truck stops in several states during 2003 and 2004.

    About two years ago, investigators from a multi-state task force came to Mississippi to question John Robert Williams and his girlfriend, Rachel Cumberland, of Carthage in relation to the slayings of seven female victims.

    In a case unrelated to those killings, Williams, 30, is serving a life sentence at the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman. He pleaded guilty in 2004 to the kidnapping and shooting death of Neshoba County resident Nikki Hill, whom he and Cumberland met at a casino. Cumberland, 37, pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the case and is serving a 20-year sentence.


    It was reported two years ago that Williams and Cumberland could face charges in Lafayette County in the death of an Oklahoma City woman whose body was found Aug. 20, 2003, off the Tallahatchie River Bridge. But those charges have not been filed.


    The Texas case involves the death of Casey Jo Pipestem, 19, a member of the Seminole tribe, whose body was found in January 2004 off a bridge in Grapevine. She last had been seen alive at an Oklahoma City truck stop.


    On June 4, 2005, Pipestem's case and those of the other women were included on the television show America's Most Wanted.

    Williams had been a long-haul truck driver, and Cumberland often accompanied him on trips, according to authorities.
    Just received a letter from John Williams....should I take what he says as legit and honest...or should I watch for any agenda he has? Any thoughts? Thx Sib

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    731
    Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    Just received a letter from John Williams....should I take what he says as legit and honest...or should I watch for any agenda he has? Any thoughts? Thx Sib
    Defiantly watch for any agenda he may have.
    I wonder why he wants to talk now?
    Why spill his guts?

    I do not know how long this creep drove a truck, but let me just say a little something. Having been a driver and been around drivers all my life there are some blowhards out there, lots of them.

    I've had very little sleep the last few days so I hope I'm making sense in what I'm about to say.

    These men spend a lot of time alone. And when they get to talking and telling stories they are often embellished. You know they are embellishing when your watching them speak. These guys will look at you in a way as if to say "you believe me don't you?" They are looking for you to be engrossed in their story as if it's interesting or a funnier story than it actually is.

    Now, I'm not saying that Williams is doing this, but just know it is common for some, not all, drivers to seek attention through story telling. They need attention because of the hours they spend alone.

    One thing I can clearly see he's embellished on is his statement about its all truckers talk about. Perhaps that is true in his circle of peers, but it is nit something every driver talks about.

    Being he gave information on a driver that has checked out so far then we can be lead to believe some of what he says is credible and he and that driver may have talked about these things all the time because they were two peas in a pod so to say because they were both into the same disgusting type of crimes.

    Just be careful if your going to engage in the exchange of letters. Protect yourself and also be sure to take anything he says with interest but also a grain of salt.

    The prison he is in a horrible, not just because it is a prison, it's one of the worst of the worst. He may have motive to admit to things in other states in hopes of getting moved out of the prison he is in and into a better prison.

    As much as I would like to think he is singing like a bird to get it off his chest I also feel like there is some reason why he would want to start talking now.

    By the way, you are very brave to write to someone who's professed to killing many people. I am not that brave for sure.



Similar Threads

  1. PA PA - John Franklin Wallace Jr., Cumberland County, 4 May 2016
    By Richrd in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-08-2016, 12:12 PM
  2. NC NC - WILLIAMS, Robert Scott, Union County
    By PrayersForMaura in forum Serial Killers
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-06-2013, 05:53 AM