1160 users online (178 members and 982 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

Missing California Mom Found Alive After Captor Abandons Her in Restraints, Sheriff Says

"We are very ecstatic to report that Sherri Papini has been located and has been reunited with husband and family on this day of Thanksgiving," Sheriff Tom Bosenko said at a news conference today ... "

BACKSTORY:

Missing Person Sherri Papini

Video here from KRCR News Channel → https://www.facebook.com/oswaldsk/vi...3576746628095/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1525604334396831/

Authorities search for missing woman in Shasta County

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/breaking-...unty/140704857

As of today, November 23, 2016, the ransom offer deadline has passed, and is now being offered as "$100,000 Reward for the Person Who Leads Us to Sherri Papini.":

UPDATE: Papini ransom money now going to anyone who turns in 'abductor'

skibaboo's Case Map

MEDIA/TIMELINES/MAPS

NOTHING has been stated to even hint that Sherri's story isn't true. Tricia's post here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...8#post12957078
    From here on out anyone who mentions the skinhead site will receive a time out.

Until it is proven there is a connection between the site and Sharri there is no need to discuss this vile place Tricia's post here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post12957265

Thread #1
    Thread #2

Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7
    Thread #8
    Thread #9

Please remember at all times to post in accordance with The Rules.

Zero tolerance for offensive posts or posts that respond to them.
    If your post is removed, please do not expect a personal explanation.

All previous Mod/Admin reminders still stand.

Marking my spot and hoping we hear more about the ongoing investigation before the end of this thread.

Police say, NO reason to disbelieve story:

"We currently have no reason to disbelieve Sherri Papini's story, Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko said on Sunday. "She was assaulted and had injuries which she was treated for."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-reas...ry?id=43816705

From Pamela_Brewer's article, (linked above)

"The Sheriff also said that investigators are looking into past incidents with Sherri Papini and are aware of her previous marriage and divorce and are checking into her past, including any online activity."

Well, that finally puts that discussion to bed. Looks like the 2007-2008 divorce record is now confirmed to be for Ms. Papini.

marking spot
    Trust Your Instincts

The man who kidnapped and raped Denise Huskins had previouly raped at least one other woman in the Bay Area. As I recall, he also broke into her house in the middle of the night, tied her up and assulted her. He used the same type of restraints to tie the hands of both victims which is how he ended up getting caught.
    He did demand a ransom with DH but not with the earlier victim.
    I believe it's thought that the ransom was an afterthought or an attempt to throw investigators off his trail. He was an attorney and from a fairly well off family.
    Basically, he was a rapist, not looking for money. Also, very mentally ill and had gone off his meds.
    Another scary aspect: He had previously worked as a computer tech in college and used his skills to hack into the Wi-Fi of both women (on their home computers) and listen to their private conversations before breaking into their homes and assulting them. That is part of why the police didn't believe the boyfriend of DH when he first reported the kidnapping. The b/f kept insisting that the kidnapper knew private information about them that no one else knew and the police didn't believe it. Turns out the guy had been listening to them for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela_Brewer View Post
    Police say, NO reason to disbelieve story:

"We currently have no reason to disbelieve Sherri Papini's story, Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko said on Sunday. "She was assaulted and had injuries which she was treated for."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-reas...ry?id=43816705
    "CURRENTLY have no reason..." meaning in the very early stages of the investigation.

My brother has been with the CHP out of Sacramento for 28 years. And yes, CHP officers are trained for, and run the gamut of, everything from writing tickets, working with other LE agencies, tracking crime suspects, delivering babies, DUIs, suicides, horrific vehicle accidents; oh shoot, it would be easier to name what they DON'T do.

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    From Pamela_Brewer's article, (linked above)

"The Sheriff also said that investigators are looking into past incidents with Sherri Papini and are aware of her previous marriage and divorce and are checking into her past, including any online activity."

Well, that finally puts that discussion to bed. Looks like the 2007-2008 divorce record is now confirmed to be for Ms. Papini.
    BBM.What could that mean? Has she had contact with LE before?

ETA and they are checking her past and online activity? Is that normal in a kidnapping, to focus on the victim like that? What are they doing to try and find the two Hispanic women?
    Last edited by Rayemonde; 11-28-2016 at 05:29 AM.

The sheriff said that the case is still an active investigation and that authorities are “looking for a dark-colored SUV with two Hispanic females armed with a handgun.”

What happens if they see a dark-colored SUV with two Hispanic females not armed with a handgun? I'm serious. It's not like they're going to be waving the gun out the window. Are they allowed to stop an SUV with what looks like two Hispanic females inside and question them?
    I think I think too much.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetchristmas View Post
    The man who kidnapped and raped Denise Huskins had previouly raped at least one other woman in the Bay Area. As I recall, he also broke into her house in the middle of the night, tied her up and assulted her. He used the same type of restraints to tie the hands of both victims which is how he ended up getting caught.
    He did demand a ransom with DH but not with the earlier victim.
    I believe it's thought that the ransom was an afterthought or an attempt to throw investigators off his trail. He was an attorney and from a fairly well off family.
    Basically, he was a rapist, not looking for money. Also, very mentally ill and had gone off his meds.
    Another scary aspect: He had previously worked as a computer tech in college and used his skills to hack into the Wi-Fi of both women (on their home computers) and listen to their private conversations before breaking into their homes and assulting them. That is part of why the police didn't believe the boyfriend of DH when he first reported the kidnapping. The b/f kept insisting that the kidnapper knew private information about them that no one else knew and the police didn't believe it. Turns out the guy had been listening to them for weeks.
    Welcome sweetchristmas and all new members

Quote Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
    My brother has been with the CHP out of Sacramento for 28 years. And yes, CHP officers are trained for, and run the gamut of, everything from writing tickets, working with other LE agencies, tracking crime suspects, delivering babies, DUIs, suicides, horrific vehicle accidents; oh shoot, it would be easier to name what they DON'T do.
    That's good to have confirmed. Your brother ought to know. So it seems clear that the responding CHP officer would have been qualified to make a general observation and description of Sherri's injuries to dispatch. He wasn't making a medical diagnosis. I mean really, if any one of us had happened upon her, I think we could recognize and describe her injuries using any number of words, such as "severely battered." So if WSers as untrained civilians can do it, I think we can reasonably accept that the CHP officer could also. Let's put this puppy to bed.
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

The 300lb elephant in the room is that the kidnappers have been identified as a racial minority, hispanic. So, that darned well better turn out to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayemonde View Post
    BBM.What could that mean? Has she had contact with LE before?

ETA and they are checking her past and online activity? Is that normal in a kidnapping, to focus on the victim like that? What are they doing to try and find the two Hispanic women?
    IIRC, there was a question posed earlier on that had to do with LE responding to the Papini home at some point prior to Sherri's disappearance and LE's response was that it was unrelated to her disappearance.
    I think I think too much.

Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast