Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Missing California Mom Found Alive After Captor Abandons Her in Restraints, Sheriff Says

"We are very ecstatic to report that Sherri Papini has been located and has been reunited with husband and family on this day of Thanksgiving," Sheriff Tom Bosenko said at a news conference today ... "

BACKSTORY:

[FONT=&amp]Missing Person Sherri Papini[/FONT]
14956607_10208327554372096_6103506709758080591_n.j  pg

Video here from KRCR News Channel → [video]https://www.facebook.com/oswaldsk/videos/10103576746628095/[/video]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1525604334396831/

Authorities search for missing woman in Shasta County
sherri_1478153134890_4439232_ver1.0_640_360.PNG

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/breaking...-for-missing-woman-in-shasta-county/140704857

As of today, November 23, 2016, the ransom offer deadline has passed, and is now being offered as "$100,000 Reward for the Person Who Leads Us to Sherri Papini.":

UPDATE: Papini ransom money now going to anyone who turns in 'abductor'

skibaboo's Case Map

MEDIA/TIMELINES/MAPS

NOTHING has been stated to even hint that Sherri's story isn't true. Tricia's post here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-2-November-2016-8&p=12957078#post12957078

From here on out anyone who mentions the skinhead site will receive a time out.

Until it is proven there is a connection between the site and Sharri there is no need to discuss this vile place Tricia's post here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-2-November-2016-8&p=12957265#post12957265

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

Please remember at all times to post in accordance with The Rules.

Zero tolerance for offensive posts or posts that respond to them.
If your post is removed, please do not expect a personal explanation.

All previous Mod/Admin reminders still stand.

:tyou:

From Pamela_Brewer's article, (linked above)

"The Sheriff also said that investigators are looking into past incidents with Sherri Papini and are aware of her previous marriage and divorce and are checking into her past, including any online activity."

Well, that finally puts that discussion to bed. Looks like the 2007-2008 divorce record is now confirmed to be for Ms. Papini.

The man who kidnapped and raped Denise Huskins had previouly raped at least one other woman in the Bay Area. As I recall, he also broke into her house in the middle of the night, tied her up and assulted her. He used the same type of restraints to tie the hands of both victims which is how he ended up getting caught.
He did demand a ransom with DH but not with the earlier victim.
I believe it's thought that the ransom was an afterthought or an attempt to throw investigators off his trail. He was an attorney and from a fairly well off family.
Basically, he was a rapist, not looking for money. Also, very mentally ill and had gone off his meds.
Another scary aspect: He had previously worked as a computer tech in college and used his skills to hack into the Wi-Fi of both women (on their home computers) and listen to their private conversations before breaking into their homes and assulting them. That is part of why the police didn't believe the boyfriend of DH when he first reported the kidnapping. The b/f kept insisting that the kidnapper knew private information about them that no one else knew and the police didn't believe it. Turns out the guy had been listening to them for weeks.

My brother has been with the CHP out of Sacramento for 28 years. And yes, CHP officers are trained for, and run the gamut of, everything from writing tickets, working with other LE agencies, tracking crime suspects, delivering babies, DUIs, suicides, horrific vehicle accidents; oh shoot, it would be easier to name what they DON'T do.

From Pamela_Brewer's article, (linked above)

"The Sheriff also said that investigators are looking into past incidents with Sherri Papini and are aware of her previous marriage and divorce and are checking into her past, including any online activity."

Well, that finally puts that discussion to bed. Looks like the 2007-2008 divorce record is now confirmed to be for Ms. Papini.

BBM.What could that mean? Has she had contact with LE before?

ETA and they are checking her past and online activity? Is that normal in a kidnapping, to focus on the victim like that? What are they doing to try and find the two Hispanic women?

The sheriff said that the case is still an active investigation and that authorities are “looking for a dark-colored SUV with two Hispanic females armed with a handgun.”

What happens if they see a dark-colored SUV with two Hispanic females not armed with a handgun? I'm serious. It's not like they're going to be waving the gun out the window. Are they allowed to stop an SUV with what looks like two Hispanic females inside and question them?

The man who kidnapped and raped Denise Huskins had previouly raped at least one other woman in the Bay Area. As I recall, he also broke into her house in the middle of the night, tied her up and assulted her. He used the same type of restraints to tie the hands of both victims which is how he ended up getting caught.
He did demand a ransom with DH but not with the earlier victim.
I believe it's thought that the ransom was an afterthought or an attempt to throw investigators off his trail. He was an attorney and from a fairly well off family.
Basically, he was a rapist, not looking for money. Also, very mentally ill and had gone off his meds.
Another scary aspect: He had previously worked as a computer tech in college and used his skills to hack into the Wi-Fi of both women (on their home computers) and listen to their private conversations before breaking into their homes and assulting them. That is part of why the police didn't believe the boyfriend of DH when he first reported the kidnapping. The b/f kept insisting that the kidnapper knew private information about them that no one else knew and the police didn't believe it. Turns out the guy had been listening to them for weeks.

Welcome sweetchristmas and all new members :)

:welcome2:

My brother has been with the CHP out of Sacramento for 28 years. And yes, CHP officers are trained for, and run the gamut of, everything from writing tickets, working with other LE agencies, tracking crime suspects, delivering babies, DUIs, suicides, horrific vehicle accidents; oh shoot, it would be easier to name what they DON'T do.

That's good to have confirmed. Your brother ought to know. So it seems clear that the responding CHP officer would have been qualified to make a general observation and description of Sherri's injuries to dispatch. He wasn't making a medical diagnosis. I mean really, if any one of us had happened upon her, I think we could recognize and describe her injuries using any number of words, such as "severely battered." So if WSers as untrained civilians can do it, I think we can reasonably accept that the CHP officer could also. Let's put this puppy to bed. :)

BBM.What could that mean? Has she had contact with LE before?

ETA and they are checking her past and online activity? Is that normal in a kidnapping, to focus on the victim like that? What are they doing to try and find the two Hispanic women?

IIRC, there was a question posed earlier on that had to do with LE responding to the Papini home at some point prior to Sherri's disappearance and LE's response was that it was unrelated to her disappearance.

Thank you Annie1004.

The 300lb elephant in the room is that the kidnappers have been identified as a racial minority, hispanic. So, that darned well better turn out to be true.

Funnily enough, a lot of the cases I have read about that did turn out to be hoaxes involved minorities blaming majorities.

For example, Charlie Rogers claimed that masked men broke into her home, beat her and carved homophobic slurs into her skin. But it turned out she had done it all herself. I guess faking a hate crime against yourself seems like a sure-fire way to get a lot of sympathy and attention from your community.

Rogers, a former University of Nebraska-Lincoln basketball player, was convicted of lying to police about being attacked and mutilated by masked men.

Rogers claimed they carved anti-gay slurs into her skin.

She plead no contest to false reporting two years ago and was sentenced to 7 days in jail and probation initially.

http://www.1011now.com/home/headlin...gations-of-Probation-Violation-291308471.html

ETA - it seems like this particular case actually had a political motive rather than just personal attention-seeking.

Lincoln Police Chief Jim Peschong pointed to a Facebook post by the woman, Charlie Rogers — written four days before the July 22 incident — as a perceived motive for faking an attack.

“So maybe I am too idealistic, but I believe way deep inside me that we can make things better for everyone. I will be a catalyst. I will do what it takes. I will. Watch me,” the post stated, according to police.

Rogers, 33, reported the attack amid a charged debate in Lincoln over the city’s proposed “fairness ordinance,” which would ban discrimination against gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...e-crime-attack-charged-hoax-article-1.1141775

It's my opinion that his demeanor was unusual, after finding a live victim of a kidnapping after 3 weeks, and he was planning to wait a few days and then get around to interviewing her.

That's unusual behavior for LE. In my opinion.

Maybe she refused to talk to LE anymore without a lawyer present and he/she is out of town.

I'm sure that Sherri gave as much information as possible to responding officers. I have no reason to think otherwise.

I'm not sure that LE has to release this information to the public at this time. We'll find out sooner or later. If for some reason Sherri didn't cooperate with LE we'll hear about it. Until then I'm assuming she gave LE what she could given the circumstances. JMO

^^This^^

You know, I'm not sure I want them to release more information at this time. I want, eventually, to understand why they aren't doing that.

Agree 100%. Do what it takes to solve this mystery.

LE said in the press conference that they have sensitive information related to this case, that they were not releasing to the public. Don't you think there is good reason for that? I'm going to go with my gut and trust their judgement. They know more than they're letting on IMO.

Yes

...and I also trust their judgement.

LE is so ridiculous here. They want people to call them if they see Hispanic women in a dark SUV. No other details. I guess they don't care that description is so vague that the tips they will get will almost certainly be useless and innocent people will be profiled. SO people in the area shouldn't be afraid because this was an "isolated incident". WTF does that mean? There are kidnappers on the loose and people shouldn't be scared? I can only assume LE knows this was not a random kidnapping for that to make the least bit of sense.

Maybe Sherri gave no other details.
Absolutely agree with your last sentence.

It was irresponsible, Imo. They should not have said anything at all. Imo, even saying that much is racist. How on earth can it help? These so-called Hispanic wimen could be from anywhere in the state or elsewhere. If LE knows more than they are saying, the really should not have said this. Or even if they don't. Imo, it is just wrong to mention such a vague "description" especially in such a racially-charged atmosphere these days.

Disagree, If these two women exist and perpetrate a crime on a future suspect, LE may be looking at a lawsuit.

IMO, law enforcement owes the public nothing. They must have had their reasons for not disclosing more details of her captors. It seems that they don't feel as if the public is in danger. If they did, they'd say so.

At this point in time, I agree........ but they should disclose details of their investigation at some point in the future.

If there is no danger then why release a description that describes a good chunk of the population. Why not wait until they have enough info to actually identify these women? This was incredibly irresponsible of them and the Hispanic community deserves better.

"No danger that the two latinas Sherri said abducted her" may have been better wording from LE.

If they do not exist, it is impossible for LE to ever identify them.

'We don't know much about what happened yet, Keith has been following his instructions from the police so he's not able to tell us everything. But she's back that's the main thing.'

I'm not convinced KP is following police instructions.
It's also possible he doesn't want to tell us everything.

Because people like us are whining and begging for information. They gave us a bite. Unfortunately the public is still hungry.

Exactly

............ I'm glad she is home safe, and hope she is surrounded by loving supportive people.

Hear!!!! hear!!!

If and when she speaks about what happened, I feel it still won't be good enough for people and they will continue to do... this.

I guess I am just confused how on ppl think every detail should have been relayed and told already..........

............they have a lot to sort through and wrap their investigation around. I would assume and is my thought. Not good enough when they do. Not good enough when they don't.

Agree 100%

IMO, officials in Redding are releasing the info they can release without compromising the case.

^^This^^

Some people may think that the family wants to be left alone.

But I'm sure that they want the 2 female latino abducters and whomever else caught as well.

Right?

Of course they do.....if they actually exist

They said abduction immediately ... even LE wasn't certain on that.
They said she was taken out of area.
They said she would be home by Thanksgiving.

One thing is for sure, their hinkey meters were working a heck of a lot better than mine!

Either a correct assumption based on what they knew right away, an extremely fortunate guess (if so I'd recommend buying a lottery ticket) or they possibly manipulated the outcome to meet their original claims.

Sherri may have given le all the information she has to give and le's description of that amount of information is "limited".

Limited information, to me, means limited to sherri's knowledge. You can't give information over and above what your limit of information is.

Spot on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My guess is that the next time LE interviews SP or any of the immediate family, there will be a lawyer present.

Any movie buffs?
I just watched Fargo again last night...love that movie.

I'm totally perplexed at this case. IMO it was a kidnapping for ransom and that's the reason that LE isn't saying more or they are investigating more into her life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27