Red Alert

beesy

myspace.com/beesy_boo
Reaction score
DISCOVERY CHANNEL IS AIRING A PROGRAM ABOUT DARLIE RIGHT NOW CALLED "AGAINST THE LAW" IT'S OVER AT 5PM EST, SO HURRY HURRY

beesy said:
DISCOVERY CHANNEL IS AIRING A PROGRAM ABOUT DARLIE RIGHT NOW CALLED "AGAINST THE LAW" IT'S OVER AT 5PM EST, SO HURRY HURRY

What was it like?

Here's what the website said:

DSC — Against the Law
Precious Angels

On June 5, 1996, Darlie Routier's sons, Devin and Damon, were stabbed to death in their home. Darlie was arrested, convicted, and sentenced to death in Texas. Now, with new evidence, Darlie's attorneys have taken the case to the Texas Court of Appeals.

Sounds like they're trying to sell the same old crap to a new audience. :loser:

Jeana (DP) said:

DSC — Against the Law
Precious Angels

On June 5, 1996, Darlie Routier's sons, Devin and Damon, were stabbed to death in their home. Darlie was arrested, convicted, and sentenced to death in Texas. Now, with new evidence, Darlie's attorneys have taken the case to the Texas Court of Appeals.

Yep. I want someone to tell me how this new evidence explains away the blood on her shirt, the bloody knife imprint, the blood at the kitchen sink, and the screen fiber. When they can dispute that with some credibilty, they will definitely have my attention!

Jeana (DP) said:

DSC — Against the Law
Precious Angels

It wasn't that slanted. Sounds like they were playing that angle up in the description to draw viewers. They first told the basic story, then presented the state's evidence, in other words, the true story. They interviewed Cron and is it Land(?) and the prosecution team. Much of the blood evidence was actually discussed, as was the screen fiber on the bread knife, the odd T-shaped cut on the screen, the gate which was closed, the lack of blood in the garage and the lack of blood on the sofa where Darlie said she was laying. Also, the fact that she didn't help Damon when instructed to, that she stayed on the phone forever and that she was overly-concerned about the loss of fingerprints on the knife. Land(?) stated that many killers will, without being asked, try to explain lack of evidence because they already know there isn't any. The Silly String tape was of course shown. The reporter said that "in the court of public opinion, she was guilty". I like the way that was said because it let the viewers know that the jury did not convict her on just that alone.
Ok, then Darlie's camp went. Babs was interviewed and strangely Crazy Chris has become just "a source" with no name. His book was not mentioned. Who is that rich Texan who is now paying for defense? He was interviewed. The black car was mentioned and an unknown witness who fears for her life has said she saw 2 strange men walking down the street that night. One of them "loosely" fit Darlie's description. Of course many, many men "loosely" fit her description. The other "new" evidence was the so-called "unidentified" bloody fingerprint. Her defense actually said, "it did NOT match Darlie", not that she couldn't be ruled out, which we know is the truth. Nothing was said about how even her fingerprint expert thinks it could be from an adult female or small-framed adult male. Right at the end, the "insurance scam" was entered. The Darlies said Darin asked around about somebody robbing the house for insurance money. IMO, that is the worst defense of all. Why kill instead of rob? Once Darin was brought up by the Darlies as a possible suspect, he broke all ties with her defense team. I hadn't realized that. Try as I did, the reporter and Babs could not hear me screaming at them and continued to discuss the many pix which were not entered into evidence. She claimed Mulder was overwhelmed by all of the photos and just simply could not wade through them all. The reporter said that Darlie could have bruised herself and Babs replied that there were bruises she could not have inflicted herself. As far as I'm concerned, if that's even true, it should be remembered that there was a fight to the death that night. LE said the her camp is merely twisting old evidence and that all of the pix were made available and entered.
Darlie whined about how her life had been taken away from her and how innocent she was. :boohoo: She, and others, said she had no reason to kill her boys, no motive. And to that I say Duh! Doesn't make her innocent though!

Goody said:
Yep. I want someone to tell me how this new evidence explains away the blood on her shirt, the bloody knife imprint, the blood at the kitchen sink, and the screen fiber. When they can dispute that with some credibilty, they will definitely have my attention!
LE discussed the blood in and around the sink. They said, as we already know, that it showed up with Luminol so was evidence of a clean-up. What a polite intruder..
Her camp said nothing about it at all. Basically the Darlies simply harped on the old evidence, but presented it as new. It was a good program though. Much of the state's case was discussed. Often these programs mention the case against her rather briefly and then focus on her side of it. I liked that they interviewed many of the key LE players. That's not often done either. Wonder what happened to Crazy Chris? He was called Babs' source, nothing more. Babs said she changed her mind within 15mins. of talking to "her source".

beesy said:
LE discussed the blood in and around the sink. They said, as we already know, that it showed up with Luminol so was evidence of a clean-up. What a polite intruder..
Her camp said nothing about it at all. Basically the Darlies simply harped on the old evidence, but presented it as new. It was a good program though. Much of the state's case was discussed. Often these programs mention the case against her rather briefly and then focus on her side of it. I liked that they interviewed many of the key LE players. That's not often done either. Wonder what happened to Crazy Chris? He was called Babs' source, nothing more. Babs said she changed her mind within 15mins. of talking to "her source".
It sounds like Medical Detective, or a re-edit of it. If so, that was a pretty good show. I will watch for a rerun of it. As for Babs...don't get me started. LOL!

beesy said:
the lack of blood in the garage and the lack of blood on the sofa where Darlie said she was laying.!

The facts here are untrue and make for a bad television program. How can you trust things with mistakes in them? There was the blood in the garage and there was the blood on the sofa. I did not read the rest because of this so why bother myself and tire out my poor eyes ?

Beesy, thanks for a great synopsis of the show. Wish I had cable and could see it! Sounds like one of the better shows done on her.

SnootyVixen said:
The facts here are untrue and make for a bad television program. How can you trust things with mistakes in them? There was the blood in the garage and there was the blood on the sofa. I did not read the rest because of this so why bother myself and tire out my poor eyes ?

There was no blood in the garage dropped from a fleeing intruder Snooty. At best, there was one transfer from a police officer's boot and I don't even think there was that. Where did you get that? Nor was there blood on the sofa where the neck cut to Darlie would have been inflicted by an intruder.

beesy said:

Darn I doubt we got it. Our discovery channel is different but I am going to check. Someone should be taping these for us, LOL. I do for my MacDonald group.

SnootyVixen said:
There was the blood in the garage and there was the blood on the sofa. I did not read the rest because of this so why bother myself and tire out my poor eyes ?
You mean the one drop of blood on the sofa? And the transfer smudge on the garage floor right outside the utility room door, that was thought to have been transferred by police? Come on, Snooty, there was blood all over the utility room and streaming down the door but nothing but one little tiny transfer on the garage floor. Where did the rest of it go? Evaporate?

SnootyVixen said:
The facts here are untrue and make for a bad television program. How can you trust things with mistakes in them?
Everything has mistakes in it. I don't think you can get the facts in any case 100% correct every time they are presented or written down. It is the nature of the beast. You have to decide if the mistakes are major or insignificant, if their presence alters your opinion on guilt/innocence.

cami said:
Darn I doubt we got it. Our discovery channel is different but I am going to check. Someone should be taping these for us, LOL. I do for my MacDonald group.

:laugh: You devil you! hahahah. If I catch it, I will try, but Beesy might be a better risk these days. I can't seem to get anything done on time.

SnootyVixen said:
You're wrong Snooty. This show is not the only place which says there was no blood in the garage or on the sofa, key here, WHERE DARLIE WAS LAYING! If you had finished my post, you would have seen that the show presented Darlie's side and in fact spent more time on that then on the state's case.
This is in the photos of the crime scene. This is in the transrcipts. Even Darlie's camp says there was nothing more than a smidge of blood in the garage. Invisible blood did show up on the sofa, not where Darlie was laying, but towards the other end. There was a handprint which was most likely Damon's and sort of a butt print as if a small person had slid down the sofa. Tell me why the intruder was so polite as to wipe up that blood? I can site these statements from many different places. Let me know if you want them. The problem I have with the Darlies is when given solid evidence that can be proven, they say it's a lie. However, when they site things which they believe show Darlie's innocence, but which cannot be proven, it's true. I wonder if the Darlies could have been flies on the wall on Eagle Drive would they still believe Darlie didn't do it? Seems that way. No matter how many pictures are shown, how many sources are given, it's all a lie to a Darlie.
Also, please post your source about the blood in the garage and the blood on the sofa WHERE DARLIE WAS LAYING. Seems many others are curious too.

Snooty, I am interested to know why you believe in Darlie? And don't simply say "the evidence is wrong", give me facts. If you think the evidence presented in court is a lie, tell me what you think the truth is and give me your sources.

Goody said:
:laugh: You devil you! hahahah. If I catch it, I will try, but Beesy might be a better risk these days. I can't seem to get anything done on time.
Hey no fair! I gave cami a copy of MTJD, notice I said gave. Now I've got to watch the TV Guide so that I can tape things as well. Sheese

HeartofTexas said:
Beesy, thanks for a great synopsis of the show. Wish I had cable and could see it! Sounds like one of the better shows done on her.
Thank you Heart. Apparently I'm being recruited to tape all Darlie programs...lol

Goody said:

Hehhehehehe you caught that eh! I actually have Byn on the Darlie lookout to tape for me but she is so caught up in Mac that I doubt she even noticed this program was on, LOL.

I spent all last weekend making tapes for my mac group.

beesy said:
Hey no fair! I gave cami a copy of MTJD, notice I said gave. Now I've got to watch the TV Guide so that I can tape things as well. Sheese

aaaaaaahahahahahahhahhahah Hint for you beesy, just sign up at Discovery and they will alert when the show is on with an email, thanks old buddy for the tape if you do make one. I need that Forensics Files program as well, Invisible Intruder. ( I guess I am pushing my luck ain't I?)

BTW, thanks for the rundown on the program. I wish I could have seen it.

I wonder if I got a satellite if I could get the American Discovery and American Court Tv stations, LOL. Canada's suck.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back