MA MA - Braintree, AsianFem 25-35, UP14114, pregnant, nametag Maria Marin, extra tooth, Feb'97

Al Ka

Reaction score
Unidentified Asian Female Case File 165UFMA

Located on February 15, 1997 in Braintree, Massachusetts.
Estimated Date of Death: circa 3 days.
The cause of death was ruled accidental drowning

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 25-35 years old, with probable age of 29-32 years old.
Approximate Height and Weight: 4'11-5'0"; 90 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Short black hair.
Clothing: She was wearing black stretch pants with the name Maria Marin written on a tag. Also wearing a rust colored ski jacket, a gray striped shirt and size 5 1/2 white sneakers.
Other: She was 8-10 weeks pregnant.
Dentals: An extra tooth on the right side of her mouth.

Case History

The victim was located at approximately 08:54 on February 15, 1997.
She was found in the Monatiquot River, by a man who was canoing. According to the witness, he had canoed down the river all but 4 days the past month and a half, and had not noticed anything out of the ordinary before that day.
The area of the river where she was located is adjacent to the Union Street Rotary by Route 3, only a few hundred yards from the Braintree Police Station. Braintree is about 12 miles south of Boston.
Her body was taken to the ME's in Boston where an autopsy was performed, and fingerprints were also taken. Her fingerprints were sent to several agencies for identification, yet did not match any on file at that time.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/165ufma.html

NamUs UP # 14114 (has photos)

ME/C Case Number: 1997-490
Norfolk County, Massachusetts
25 to 35 year old Asian Female
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/14114

http://www.mass.gov/eopss/law-enfor...s/unidentified-asian-female-in-braintree.html

No idea if this is related to the case but a house and property were seized from a woman named Maria Marin in New Jersey and sold at auction in March 1996.

That is actually very strong lead and should be definitely submitted to authorities.

If person lost a house in '96 and since had been in some kind of sheltered accommodation, it might explain tag with her name on her pants.

There’s only one girl who I found that could fit. She’s thought to have been murdered in New Mexico by a serial predator, David Parker Ray (convicted of kidnapping, rape, and torture) and his cohorts. They suspect David of killing around 40+ women and burying them near Elephant Butte Reservoir, but have yet to find the remains of any of them. I’ve read some of the reports about these perp’s crimes and I’m not entirely convinced they were involved in her disappearance. They were convicted of heinous crimes, but never murder. Maybe they’ve just gotten lucky so far. (One was convicted of killing his wife after they tortured her, due in part to them video taping it.)

Jill was adopted as an infant and her mother lived in Michigan at the time of her disappearance. Maybe she decided she wanted to move further north/east than New Mexico. I’m not entirely sure her story or why she was in NM or how she could have ended up in MA, but her vitals mostly fit and she looks a lot like the recon.

Jill Suzanne Troia – The Charley Project

upload_2021-1-8_3-44-14.jpegupload_2021-1-8_3-44-30.jpegupload_2021-1-8_3-44-49.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back