CA CA - Quartz Hill, WhtFem UP4348, 17-23, in creek bed, possible name Cathy, Mar'81

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Hot Case 1157

[FONT=&amp]Unidentified White Female[/FONT]
  • The victim was discovered on March 3, 1981 in Quartz Hill, Los Angeles County, California
  • Estimated Date of Death: 2 months-2 years prior

[FONT=&amp]Vital Statistics
[/FONT]

• [*]Estimated age: 17-23 years old
    [*]Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2-5'5"
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: High forehead; small boned, slight build.
  • Clothing: Possibly maroon sweater type dress, with a white bolero jacket over it. Little red hearts or flowers on the dress. White cowboy boots. (Clothing described by suspects, none located.)
  • Dentals: Available. Lower right side molar missing; upper left side molar missing. Slight overbite.
  • Other: Possible name "Cathy".

[FONT=&amp]Case History
The victim was located 9/10 of a mile East of Bouquet Canyon Road, on Artesian Springs Road, Quartz Hill, CA.
She is a victim of the Sunset Murders.
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]The suspects picked the victim up near the intersection of Highland and Franklin streets, in Hollywood, CA. She said her name was Cathy.
The victim was shot, and the remains found strewn along a riverbed in a very remote area.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
LASD Homicide/Cold Case Unit
Richard C. Kennerly
323-890-5500

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Case Numbers:
Jane Doe #28; LASD 81-02512-1156-011; Coroner # 81-03004
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]NCIC Number:
U-770525570

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Source Information:
LASD Homicide/Cold Case Unit
NamUs

Doe Link

[/FONT]http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase1157.html

Uhm estimation of age UID and the two women disappeared ages is out range, but we must also calculate that the estimated age in autopsies is always a bit inaccurate just because it's an estimate and not of a fact; thanks for you help and post Lizziginne, and welcome in Websleuths ;)

Could this be our poor girl

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4571/2/

Schaefer was last seen in California on June 24, 1979, as she was walking back to her grandmother’s house, after a Christian youth meeting at St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church.
Serial killers Lawrence Bittaker and Roy Norris confessed to her abduction and homicide. She has never been located.

Very confusing........Somebody is guilty as hell but who........and lied....

Her NamUs Page suggests an age range of 16 - 25
Katherine Anderson was 24 when she went missing in 1979, she was 5'3 (UID: 5'2 - 5'5). She is also very slight framed.
I'm in no way convinced its her, especially as she used the nickname Kitty not Kathy, and the location is off, but you never know

Another possibly way off suggestion: Kathleen Shea went missing in 1965 age 6, which would make her 21 in 1980, she has quite a high forehead?

Her NamUs Page suggests an age range of 16 - 25
Katherine Anderson was 24 when she went missing in 1979, she was 5'3 (UID: 5'2 - 5'5). She is also very slight framed.
I'm in no way convinced its her, especially as she used the nickname Kitty not Kathy, and the location is off, but you never know

Another possibly way off suggestion: Kathleen Shea went missing in 1965 age 6, which would make her 21 in 1980, she has quite a high forehead?

You never know where people go....Do you think a killer cares about somebody's name, or remember it accurate? I don't think so...so everything is possible.....

Could this be our poor girl

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4571/2/

Schaefer was last seen in California on June 24, 1979, as she was walking back to her grandmother’s house, after a Christian youth meeting at St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church.
Serial killers Lawrence Bittaker and Roy Norris confessed to her abduction and homicide. She has never been located.

Very confusing........Somebody is guilty as hell but who........and lied....

The sunset murders I think refer to a man and a woman and called "the sunset strip killers", the mentioned men where called "the toolbox killers"...............

The Sunset Killers, or Sunset Strip Killers, were Doug Clark and Carol M Bundy. They were active between June 1980 until their arrest August 12 1980. So if this poor young girl was one of their victims, she was most likely killed during this time period.

Namus cites 18-25 the range age; I found this profile Katherine Barnum missing from Colorado since 1979; Probable year of death from Namus is 1980-1981 and Katherine in 1979 was 24 years therefore it falls within the range. Also the height is compatible: 64 Katherine, 63 this UID

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/15042/69

Katherine Barnum was reported missing by her sister, Bonnie Buckley, originally in 1979. Katherine Barnum resided at in Aurora, Colorado. Randal Francis Arnold (now deceased) was residing with Barnum for approximately two months at the time she went missing. Arnold speculated that Katherine Barnum went to California with an unidentified male and joined the Hare Krishna. A DEA informant provided information that the body of Barnum was in a mineshaft somewhere near Central City, Colorado.

Interesting the probable connection with California.

sorry if this has been mentioned but this "Cathy" sounds like the one we were exploring on Walker County Jane does page !!!!! ill look for a post link!

This is the post; thanks for info Sloane ;)

attachment.php

the whole cowboy boot thing rings of TX but then again wasn't that the Urban cowboy year where everything Gilley's was cool?

This is the post; thanks for info Sloane ;)

also I haven't been following as closely as I should have but for some reason I thought she was ruled out as WCJD but I could be wrong , she sure looks right though, but she is a Cathy so I thought I would mention, and If I was a runaway walker county tx wouldn't be my destination just sayin! (unless she had a bf in prison to see, but don't you need anIDfor that? even back then) rambling.....sorry

also I haven't been following as closely as I should have but for some reason I thought she was ruled out as WCJD but I could be wrong , she sure looks right though, but she is a Cathy so I thought I would mention, and If I was a runaway walker county tx wouldn't be my destination just sayin! (unless she had a bf in prison to see, but don't you need anIDfor that? even back then) rambling.....sorry

That Cathy did jump to my mind too, although she would have needed to have made it to California before the 12th August 1980, and she is on the young side for this UID. I still think she's a very good shout for WCJD, last I heard she wasn't a rule out because they still are unsure of her actual ID

Namus cites 18-25 the range age; I found this profile Katherine Barnum missing from Colorado since 1979; Probable year of death from Namus is 1980-1981 and Katherine in 1979 was 24 years therefore it falls within the range. Also the height is compatible: 64 Katherine, 63 this UID

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/15042/69

Katherine Barnum was reported missing by her sister, Bonnie Buckley, originally in 1979. Katherine Barnum resided at in Aurora, Colorado. Randal Francis Arnold (now deceased) was residing with Barnum for approximately two months at the time she went missing. Arnold speculated that Katherine Barnum went to California with an unidentified male and joined the Hare Krishna. A DEA informant provided information that the body of Barnum was in a mineshaft somewhere near Central City, Colorado.

Interesting the probable connection with California.

I looked at this MP too, the only thing against this is her weight. She's stated at 210lbs, where as this UID is described as small boned/slightly built. Obviously she could have lost weight though...

Something about this girl, the killers told. From http://truecrimecases.blogspot.nl/2012/08/the-sunset-strip-killers.html

On June 20, Bundyaccompanied Clark on his Hollywood area cruising and in a parking lotClark made Bundy lure a young prostitute who used the name “Cathy” to thecar. Bundy climbed into the back seat, ostensibly to “watch” Cathyperform oral sex on Clark. She had one of the guns she had purchased inher purse and Doug had the other one with him in the front. Carol wassupposed to signal whether or not she wanted to go ahead and shoot the girlherself. But Doug apparently got angry at something the hooker was doing(or not doing), so he reached for the gun, according to Carol, and shother in the head.
Carol grew excited at what she had witnessed. It did notdisturb her at all to see a young girl die in front of her. In MurderMost Rare, the Kellehers say that she may have even photographed it. She then covered the body so they could drive without attracting attention to aplace where they could get rid of the body. They ended up near the MagicMountain amusement park (now Six Flags magic mountain amusement park, somewhat in the neighborhood of the mentioned road but I find it a strange way to describe) and left the dead girl in that general area, next tosome bushes.

I think its about a little more than half an hour drive from the place she was killed to the place where she was found.

Something about this girl, the killers told. From http://truecrimecases.blogspot.nl/2012/08/the-sunset-strip-killers.html

On June 20, Bundyaccompanied Clark on his Hollywood area cruising and in a parking lotClark made Bundy lure a young prostitute who used the name “Cathy” to thecar. Bundy climbed into the back seat, ostensibly to “watch” Cathyperform oral sex on Clark. She had one of the guns she had purchased inher purse and Doug had the other one with him in the front. Carol wassupposed to signal whether or not she wanted to go ahead and shoot the girlherself. But Doug apparently got angry at something the hooker was doing(or not doing), so he reached for the gun, according to Carol, and shother in the head.
Carol grew excited at what she had witnessed. It did notdisturb her at all to see a young girl die in front of her. In MurderMost Rare, the Kellehers say that she may have even photographed it. She then covered the body so they could drive without attracting attention to aplace where they could get rid of the body. They ended up near the MagicMountain amusement park (now Six Flags magic mountain amusement park, somewhat in the neighborhood of the mentioned road but I find it a strange way to describe) and left the dead girl in that general area, next tosome bushes.

I think its about a little more than half an hour drive from the place she was killed to the place where she was found.
Wait so they arnt sure its the same girl? As in the killers dumped their victim in a different location from where the doe was found?

Sent from my hammer_S using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back