NY NY - Edmond Tillman, 14, Brooklyn, 10 Aug 2005

Oh, this is so sad. Things like this make me so mad. How do they know he's just a runaway???? Why aren't they checking with some of these men he's been talking to on the internet. I will say a prayer that this little boy is found safe and brought home to his poor mama. Bless her heart, I know she is worried sick. :(

This is disgraceful. There is no reason for LE not to investigate the MEN that this CHILD had been corresponding with. I believe if it were a GIRL corresponding with MEN, it would have been investigated further. The mom seems very supportive of her son, LE seems to have no reason to ASSUME he ran away.

imo

New York State Missing & Exploited Children Clearinghouse
Edmond Tillman
Age at Disappearance: 14 yrs
Date of Birth: 1/19/1991
Date of Last Contact: 8/10/2005
Race: Black
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 135 lbs
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Missing From: Brooklyn, New York
Notes: Edmond is a runaway. He may use the nickname Eddie or the street name "Deshawn". Eddie wears a gold hoop earring in his left ear. He may be in the East Village area of Manhattan.
Investigating Police Agency: New York City Police Department
If you believe that you have seen this person contact NYS MECC at 1-800-346-3543.

The Charley Project
Edmond Tillman
If you have any information concerning this case please contact:
New York Police Department
646-610-5000

I did not see anything new on this kid. I found this article going back a few years.

http://jasmynecannick.typepad.com/jasmynecannickcom/2005/11/black_gay_and_l.html

I find the attitude of the police to be appalling. Certainly an 18 y.o. is free to leave home but a 14 y.o. belongs at home and in school. He cannot possibly be staying with age appropriate friends. Some adult or adults have to be facilitating his absence which I would think is a crime.

The police said there were sightings of him in the West Village. Sightings by whom? and the police said he was consciously choosing not to come home? I'm not THAT old but I don't think in the last century 14 y.o.'s were allowed to decide if they wanted to be home or on the streets.

The Charley Project

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/tillman_edmond.html

NCMEC Profile

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

NCMC1023109c1.jpg
NCMC1023109e1.jpg

NamUs Profile

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/7058/2/

Case Information
Status
Missing
First name
Edmond
Middle name
Last name
Tillman
Nickname/Alias
Eddie, Deshawn
NCMEC number
Date LKA
August 10, 2005 09:08
Date entered
05/06/2010
Age LKA
13 to 13 years old
Age now
20 years old
Race
Black/African American
Ethnicity
Other
Sex
Male
Height (inches)
60.0 to 70.0
Weight (pounds)
135.0 to 150.0

I've read the case multiple times.If Edmond was living with his friends he would contact his family to let them now where he was and his well-being. the police department have said they have been searching for him, i DO NOT Believe it, they've been neglecting the search since they seem not to care. I Do believe Edmond is still in new York and still living in the local area and i pray for him to come home. Also, they say he does not want to be found, that's a lie he wants to be home, he desperately wants to be found, but is not being allowed to since he may not be able to choose.

I believe that he may be living with adults who are well aware of his dissapearance And have more information to Where he is and leading him to being found . teenagers have a choice to live on the streets or belong at home with they're families who love them, But something is not sitting right
about how this 14 yr old dissapeared. on top of that, why haven't they searched the school he was dropped off at for possible information that could lead to him being found. Also, the adult men may have information since he has been talking to on the internet, which could mean he may be living with some of them in the west village area , including the 18 yr old boyfriend that still remains uncertain to this day . even if he had an 18 yr old boyfriend then he should been able to say something about it, but maybe he choose not to. But a friend of edmond had pictures of the men he had been talking to , which means they could been identified and Possible Suspect Or A Person Of interest in the case. out of all of this, I will pray and hope that edmond is brouht back to safety and able to tell his story

I May Have A Idea As To What Happened. I believe while was talking to the adult men,he may have met 18 yr old boyfriend through the internet. i also believe that man persuaded to run away with him... edmond may have had agreed to it, and made a plan for it. i believe once edmond was at his mercy he may have come to harm and forced to live on thee streets while he's still in new york.
thats my idea.

Any Questions?

For some reason, I believe as to what happened to him that day when he went missing but i may be able to figure out the case

Now, This has been on my mind for a while now.
His case does not seem as a "Runaway" to me, As it's been
More than seven years since he's been missing Which Is Very sad
For edmond's mother and extended relatives who want answers.
Most runaways Have various reasons to this choice which they may see , but something else may have happened that day when he disappeared. He would've been in contact with his family and listed as "Endangered Missing" By now, but the Police department's attitude is rather appalling than usual and assume that he doesn't want to be found or go home , and that he's a runaway ... That makes no sense to me and many others . There were sightings of him,But who was he with? was he alone? What was he wearing? . from what i believe , An older man will "fall in love"(This is something different with edmond's case)with someone edmond's Age , Will convince them He's in love with them And persuade them further to run away ,Once they do And agree, They will become at their mercy and they are vulnerable to them and possibly others.

I strongly suggest reading this ,as i believe this may have happened to him and he's still Living in the local area,But may be living with an adult or a group of adults who he could be vulnerable to and at their mercy.

I can only pray that he is found and brought back to safety and his momma,but also friends :)

Doesn't His mother have pictures of the men he was talking with? Why aren't these adult men being checked by the NY police department Into Finding him? The mother is very supportive of her son, i can tell you that , But who are the men in the pictures that she has?

Why Is it taking so long For Him to being found? Im starting to think that He may be in danger , The NYPD Attitude is appalling to me. I believe they never really searched for her son.

Im gonna start doing my own investigation into this,because edmond deserves justice!

Last edited:
he was only 14. IMO 14 year olds who go missing should be a priority. However, some police officers do not see some people as priorities- like minorities or people of different sexual orientation. This upsets me greatly.
Read the Jeffrey Dahmer case. Milwaukee police brought a naked, chained 14 year old Asian CHILD back to Jeffrey Dahmer after he escaped. Police chalked it up to a "lover's quarrel." The 14 year old child looked like he was 10. He was naked and afraid for his life and police believed Dahmer. He ended up being killed.
Things need to change. Perceptions, views, policies.

Edmond was only 14 when he disappeared. I've looked into research, and by all means,is it possible Edmond may have become a possible victim to trafficking? Now, Most Runaways who are males are either gay or bisexual,And most predators know where to look for them in the right places or time. Sometimes Mostly LGBTQ Teens are kicked out of their homes and run away on their own, But Edmond's Case seems nothing like a Runaway to me and others.

It upsets me greatly that Edmond has not been found yet.He would be 28 years old this year,and it hurts me but others as well not to know what really happened on August 10,2005 the day he disappeared.

From what I know, most predators are to Lure children like Edmond with the promises of clothes, Money or A new home. What usually happens is that they Manipulate those to being forced in unspeakable actions.

Some are very afraid to come forward because the predators threaten their families and friends with Violence and sometimes death , which is why some wait to come forward with the truth as they believe the predators are serious with their threats.

This is what I believe what May have happened to him because he was talking with adult men and may have had a 18 year old boyfriend.

I'm not saying it's entirely true and I'm not trying to be rude,disrespectful and or selfish but this is what happened around the world and in our neighborhoods.

I just hope that anyone on this page does not hate me for posting this. I'm just like the rest of everyone else trying to figure out what happened like everyone else.

I'm gonna call these people tomorrow cause I'm gonna start doing some investigating

Edmond may have been harmed after his disappearance, or he may be living in a situation where he cannot escape. It has been said he has a mole on his left eyebrow and a birthmark on the left side of his abdomen.

They have said he was last seen at a pool on Houston and Pitt streets with several friends,he was wearing a white t-shirt and blue shorts the day he disappeared a few blocks from the school. Could it be that those who were with him may know more ? Or someone else When Eddie was in the area ? Somebody Knows something, there's more and someone,maybe even more could know what happened to this poor boy. I will always pray and hope that this boy is found safe and returned to family who misses him very much.

Now, His case does not really seem as a "runaway" to me and others. Now I'm not 100% sure what conversations that he was having with the adult men, or who those men were, but it seems that he could have been lured out of his home by a predator instead of running away from home.

I'm not sure what's become of today with this all happening, but he may be living with adults who are not allowing him to leave & convincing him to stay with them instead being able to return home to his family, which is upsetting, because his mother misses him and wants him to come home.

I've also learned they're where phone calls that were made to Edmonds mother after he disappeared. They were from a person(s) who did not speak nor hang up, which means something is not right.

I highly doubt the beliefs of what detectives/authorities have said about searching for him because they say he's Consiously choosing not to come home? That's a whole lotta bull for them to say that. I'm very sure he wants to come home now since its been so very long that he has been missing.

He was only 14 . He would be considered top priority due to his age. If that's the case, then why is there no new information about him at all? I believe they never really searched for him because there hasn't been much of anything since then. He may have not been seen as a priority because of his sexuality. Some offices don't see minorities or LBGTQ as priorities.

Most times, Nothing is wrong at home, rather a negative influence manipulating a vulnerable mind.

So, here are my questions:
1)Did he actually run away from home?
2) Is his life in danger?
3) Who were these men he was speaking with?
4) Is he still in the local area?
5) Have they really searched for him?
6) Is there any new information?
7) Will these men ever be identified?
8) And Will he ever return home ASAP?

I will always pray and hope this young man will be found safe and alive and will return to his Family and friends.

Especially his Mother because she is very supportive of her son since day 1!

There’s an unidentified person, I came across on NamUs and I feel like there’s some resemblance. He was found about 30 miles from where Edmond was last seen. NamUs #UP2631

What do you guys think?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back