Found Deceased TN - Constance, 34, Chloe, 12, & Lily Reed, 9, Gatlinburg, 28 Nov 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Gatlinburg man desperate to find wife, daughters
636160152110142706-Resized952016112495064437.jpg

"I just want to find *them," Michael Reed said through tears as he spoke of his wife, Constance and children Lily, 9, and Chloe, 12.

They have been missing from the fire-riddled mountains of Gatlinburg after allegedly evacuating their Wiley Oakley Drive home.
636160152998256399-Resized952016112395124247.jpg

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/...nburg-desperate-find-wife-daughters/94598762/

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

My heart is breaking for this dear man!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Still missing

This is horrible. Just read through a list of the missing. 7 are confirmed dead. Prayers these three will be located at a shelter in the area, as the others that are still missing.

Photo of wife Constance Reed
attachment.php

Attachments

• constance-e1480448756941.jpg
    constance-e1480448756941.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 582
this is so scary. that poor family. I hope they are ok but just out of touch (maybe they didn't have cell phones or they lost them?)

I continue to look for an update that the family is safe and together!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I continue to look for an update that the family is safe and together!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
As do I. Please let them be okay!

I've been watching this all along, and I'm so, so sad for this man and his son. There really is no way his wife and daughters are okay at this point. If you look at the photos, the mountains were completely decimated. The fires just went through there and burned everything faster than they could have escaped on foot. We are taking a couple of carloads of emergency shelter supplies over there on Saturday. Dolly Parton is really stepping in to help. She is amazing. I wish I could feel hopeful about the Reed family, but it's been too long now. My heart aches for them.

I'm not sure what kind of access LE is giving to the property owners who's homes went up in flames, probably not much. I think this lady and her daughters took off running to get some distance between themselves and the fire, and probably ran headlong into yet another fire. They will have to send out search crews in order to find them, and they are going to need to look under things that are lying on the ground.

They most likely attempted to get into some kind of a makeshift shelter in order to escape the flames. That shelter could be a whole host of different things, and that's most likely why they haven't been located. It's also possible they simply huddled up together and got overtaken by the fire. It's hard to say, and with all the damage they are sorting through right now, I don't know how much time is being allotted to go walk up and down the side of the mountain looking for them.

My guess would be they'll be found within a 1/4 mile of their home. I was hoping they were going to show up in a shelter somewhere, and it's still possible, but with all of the media attention focused on this particular story, it seems unlikely that they haven't been recognized by the people running the shelters.

They were in that area where some of the other victims have been found. I just saw a news report that only five of the eleven known dead have been identified. So so sad.

We love that area and we were just there this summer after I unsuccessfully tried to get a cabin for this week. I thought we'd go the Friday after Thanksgiving because my daughter is on vacation this week.

I'm just so sad about this.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

There will be a press conference at 4 this afternoon with more names to be released at that time.
I feel like we may hear what we dread.

I'm not sure what kind of access LE is giving to the property owners who's homes went up in flames, probably not much. I think this lady and her daughters took off running to get some distance between themselves and the fire, and probably ran headlong into yet another fire. They will have to send out search crews in order to find them, and they are going to need to look under things that are lying on the ground.

They most likely attempted to get into some kind of a makeshift shelter in order to escape the flames. That shelter could be a whole host of different things, and that's most likely why they haven't been located. It's also possible they simply huddled up together and got overtaken by the fire. It's hard to say, and with all the damage they are sorting through right now, I don't know how much time is being allotted to go walk up and down the side of the mountain looking for them.

My guess would be they'll be found within a 1/4 mile of their home. I was hoping they were going to show up in a shelter somewhere, and it's still possible, but with all of the media attention focused on this particular story, it seems unlikely that they haven't been recognized by the people running the shelters.

Same boat here. I just feel there is absolutely no way they are in a shelter. I don't see how they could have possibly escaped that fire, survived, and now be trying to walk down the mountain (for days) without bumping into one person that could help them. They were consumed by this fire in one way or another. Prayers for this family and all the others missing loved ones. Anyone found at this point will most certainly be recovery, not rescue.

Also, the number is now up to 11 people dead. They have confirmed two more of the missing have been found.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...nnessee-wildfire-among-11-dead-family-n691011

There will be a press conference at 4 this afternoon with more names to be released at that time.
I feel like we may hear what we dread.

Anyone have a live stream to the presser?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back