Found Deceased NJ - Sarah Butler, 20, Montclair, 22 Nov 2016 *Arrest*

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Missing Montclair Woman Last Seen 2 Days Before Thanksgiving: Police
better_pic_missing-1480516314-7152.jpg

“On Wednesday, Nov. 23, family members of Ms. Sarah Butler (20-years-old from Montclair) reported her missing. Ms. Butler was last seen on Tuesday, Nov. 22, at approximately 8 p.m.
http://patch.com/new-jersey/montclair/missing-montclair-woman-last-seen-2-days-thanksgiving-police

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Authorities describe her as 5-feet-5-inches tall, 170 pounds with brown eyes, black and red hair, a medium build, and a medium to dark complexion.

The last time she was seen, she was wearing a black zip up "Premiere Dance Theater" jacket, large glasses, silver hoop earrings, dark blue jeans, a black headband, tall black boots, and a black side bag with a long strap, police said.

She drives a light blue or gray 2007 Dodge Caravan with yellow scrapes along the rear driver side, authorities said.

It is unclear what she was doing before she went missing.

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2016/11/montclair_20-year-old_has_been_missing_for_a_week.html

best_27030b2943ebeacb897c_sarah.butler.jpg

https://www.tapinto.net/towns/montclair/articles/missing-person-have-you-seen-sarah

A week missing and really nothing to go on..

Authorities describe her as 5-feet-5-inches tall, 170 pounds with brown eyes, black and red hair, a medium build, and a medium to dark complexion.

The last time she was seen, she was wearing a black zip up "Premiere Dance Theater" jacket, large glasses, silver hoop earrings, dark blue jeans, a black headband, tall black boots, and a black side bag with a long strap, police said.

She drives a light blue or gray 2007 Dodge Caravan with yellow scrapes along the rear driver side, authorities said.

It is unclear what she was doing before she went missing.

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2016/11/montclair_20-year-old_has_been_missing_for_a_week.html

best_27030b2943ebeacb897c_sarah.butler.jpg

https://www.tapinto.net/towns/montclair/articles/missing-person-have-you-seen-sarah

Thank you, JerseyGirl and Los, for news of Montclair's Sarah Butler, who has been missing since the 22nd, before Thanksgiving, reported missing on the 23rd by her family, so quickly thought of as unusual for her to be out of touch, one may assume. Could she have been been visiting friends, going to a party, in Newark or Philadelphia even, gotten way laid somehow? She seems to have been dressed for going out. She seems to have been headed South of Montclair. It's a very distinct car description and it may have been picked up on surveillance cams along the way, if not the lic plates. Thoughts and prayers that Sarah is soon on her way home, found safe and sound.

https://www.facebook.com/VybzKartel.Butler

She was last seen in Orange on Tuesday night, that's a far cry from Montclair.

It's actually only 15 mins down Parkways from Orange to Montclair

Right, it's a hop from Orange to Newark. It seems like she may have gone out for Halloween, from her public pictures. I wonder if she was going to hang out with friends and just ran into the wrong people. She seems active on social media, hopefully LE has tried to look into previous social contacts.

It's actually only 15 mins down the Parkway from Orange to Montclair

I didn't mean it distance-wise, I meant the town's crime rate.

I didn't mean it distance-wise, I meant the town's crime rate.

Agreed. All so close, but if for some reason she was out to get drugs, which doesn't seem to be case, based on what is known, Paterson is on the other side of the Parkway from Montclair, so could it have been something social that took her to Orange?

Montclair is a nice town, West Orange and South Orange are nice, East Orange, not so nice.

I assume she was in East Orange.

Her older sister told The Montclair Times that Butler's last known whereabouts was a recording studio in Orange.

Butler is a full-time college student at New Jersey City University in Jersey City, and was home for the Thanksgiving holiday break, according to her family.

She has been a part of Premiere Dance Theatre for more than 17 years and performed at the Apollo Theater. Her family said that she loves to help younger students and dancers and is a devoted amateur makeup artist. She performed at her college on 9/11 this year.

She was a member of the Montclair High School Dance Company, and is a lifeguard at the Montclair YMCA.

http://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...-seek-help-locating-montclair-woman/94663262/

WEST ORANGE, New Jersey (WABC) -- A woman who had been reported missing last week by her family was found dead Thursday in New Jersey.
The Essex County Prosecutors Office confirmed that the body of 20-year-old Sarah Butler of Montclair was discovered by detectives in Eagle Rock Reservation in West Orange.
The office's major crimes unit is investigating Butler's death.
The cause of death will be determined by the medical examiner.
Butler was last seen on the night of Nov. 22nd, and family members reported her missing the next day.
Her car was located in Orange.

Jeez......RIP Sarah. I hope your killer is caught.

Her older sister told The Montclair Times that Butler's last known whereabouts was a recording studio in Orange.

Butler is a full-time college student at New Jersey City University in Jersey City, and was home for the Thanksgiving holiday break, according to her family.

She has been a part of Premiere Dance Theatre for more than 17 years and performed at the Apollo Theater. Her family said that she loves to help younger students and dancers and is a devoted amateur makeup artist. She performed at her college on 9/11 this year.

She was a member of the Montclair High School Dance Company, and is a lifeguard at the Montclair YMCA.

http://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...-seek-help-locating-montclair-woman/94663262/

She sounds like such a sweet girl! It's heartbreaking that her life was cut short. I hope the family gets answers soon - Rest Peacefully, Sarah

Montclair is a nice town, West Orange and South Orange are nice, East Orange, not so nice.

I assume she was in East Orange.

There's also an orange which is even woes than EO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Sarah Butler, 20, was reported missing on Nov. 23. Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn A. Murray and Montclair Police Chief Todd Conforti announced Friday that the New Jersey Regional Medical Examiner's Office has determined the death to be a homicide, but did not provide details on the cause of death."

"Candles and flowers were placed outside of the home on New Street where her father, Victor Butler, spoke to reporters about his daughter's death.
'It’s so tragic. She’s gone for Thanksgiving week and now she’s gone. It’s sad, the family is having a hard time. We all are,' Victor Butler said.
He said his wife and his other children were taking it very hard. Victor Butler also mentioned that he took down the family Christmas tree because 'there’s not going to be one here.'

"The Essex County Prosecutor's Office noted that the investigation is ongoing. Essex County Sheriff Armando Fontoura's Crime Stoppers Program is offering a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to an arrest and conviction in the case. Anyone with information is asked to called the County Prosecutor's Office's Homicide/Major Crimes Task Force tips hotline at 1-877-TIPS-4EC."

http://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...air-woman-officially-ruled-homicide/94826122/

I hope that whoever did this is caught quickly and brought to justice swiftly. Prayers to Sarah and her family.

i lived within a few blocks of where she worked at the y for well over a decade and i'm quite familiar with eagle rock reservation as i used it as a scenic route on many occasions going to and from work, etc.

with her car found in orange, and her body found closer to home in eagle rock, i believe it will be someone local to the montclair area that committed this crime. i'd also say this is probably someone younger too since she was so young and the location of her body is not really a place where she would not be easily found. seems like a panic location without much time or forethought involved.

so sorry for her family.

Vigil held for Sarah Butler, found dead in Eagle Rock Reservation after going missing
Kristina Behr, of News 12 NJ

Dec 5, 2016 8:22 pm

Reports from the vigil tonight for Sarah Butler, at the New Jersey City University campus,

A $10,000 reward is being offered for information leading to an arrest and indictment in the case.

~

'It just keeps getting harder': NJCU remembers slain students at vigil
By Caitlin Mota | The Jersey Journal

Dec 5, 2016, 6:50 pm

As college students across the country finish their final exams and prepare for winter break, the New Jersey City University campus is mourning the loss of two students senselessly slain off campus this semester.

[...]

McBorroughs, an early childhood education and history major from Cedar Knolls, was one of three killed in a brutal stabbing in Newark on Nov. 5. Butler, a freshman media arts major from Montclair, was found dead Thursday in Eagle Rock Reservation, a week after her family reported her missing.

[...]

The memorial service was organized by the college's fashion organization, a club both slain students were members of. The group also paid tribute to Crista Caper, a student at Hudson County Community College who modeled for the organization. Caper was found dead inside a Hillside apartment in October.

[...]

~

http://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...munity-mourns-death-montclair-woman/95000494/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back