1099 users online (202 members and 897 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 435
  1. #406
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    13,767
    I'm still stuck on the cell phone. She could not have simultaneously thrown her phone away in a dumpster AND later have that same phone pinging on the east coast of Florida where her daughter was sent for Christmas. Some possible theories of what really happened:

    A. Maybe Michele threw something else away and her daughter was mistaken/thought it was her phone. Michele had told her mother that she did not want to go to Thanksgiving dinner with SB's family. So maybe she ignored SB's calls and texts that day. Maybe her daughter picked up on mom looking at her phone in anger when SB called and maybe soon after that Michele silenced the phone and tossed something else in the dumpster. Daughter is 5 and could be mistaken.

    B. Maybe Michele actually threw away her phone as her daughter said she did. Maybe someone dumpster diving found the phone and sold it and it "happened" to end up on the east coast of Florida. This seems like too big of a coincidence, however.

    C. Maybe Michele had more than one cell phone. Maybe she had been using a burner phone for some reason and threw that one away. But I can't figure out why she would keep her old phone and throw the burner if she was planning on walking away from her life. Seems like in that scenario she would toss the old phone and keep using a burner.

    D. Maybe Michele never threw her phone away at all. Maybe the daughter has been coached to say that mommy threw her phone in the dumpster. This theory is similar to A, but with the distinction that there is a nefarious element at work here and "mommy threw her phone in the dumpster" is not the true story or the whole story. I'm not saying the child is purposely lying. I'm saying she could have been told by someone else that mommy threw her phone away and restated it as if she had seen it happen. Or she could have been asked leading questions such as "Did mommy throw her phone away?" To which she said yes. Again, she is only 5.

    None of these seem to be strong theories and I'm left wondering what else we don't know. Can anyone think of alternative theories explaining the phone?
    Last edited by Gardener1850; 11-14-2017 at 09:30 PM.

  2. #407
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    I'm still stuck on the cell phone. She could not have simultaneously thrown her phone away in a dumpster AND later have that same phone later pinging on the east coast of Florida where her daughter was sent for Christmas. Some possible theories of what really happened:

    A. Maybe Michele threw something else away and her daughter was mistaken/thought it was her phone. Michele had told her mother that she did not want to go to Thanksgiving dinner with SB's family. So maybe she ignored SB's calls and texts that day. Maybe her daughter picked up on mom looking at her phone in anger when SB called and maybe soon after that Michele silenced the phone and tossed something else in the dumpster. Daughter is 5 and could be mistaken.

    B. Maybe Michele actually threw away her phone as her daughter said she did. Maybe someone dumpster diving found the phone and sold it and it "happened" to end up on the east coast of Florida. This seems like too big of a coincidence, however.

    C. Maybe Michele had more than one cell phone. Maybe she had been using a burner phone for some reason and threw that one away. But I can't figure out why she would keep her old phone and throw the burner if she was planning on walking away from her life. Seems like in that scenario she would toss the old phone and keep using a burner.

    D. Maybe Michele never threw her phone away at all. Maybe the daughter has been coached to say that mommy threw her phone in the dumpster. This theory is similar to A, but with the distinction that there is a nefarious element at work here and "mommy threw her phone in the dumpster" is not the true story or the whole story. I'm not saying the child is purposely lying. I'm saying she could have been told by someone else that mommy threw her phone away and restated it as if she had seen it happen. Or she could have been asked leading questions such as "Did mommy throw her phone away?" To which she said yes. Again, she is only 5.

    None of these seem to be strong theories and I'm left wondering what else we don't know. Can anyone think of alternative theories explaining the phone?
    If it was in the dumpster, brother nor husband found it. It could mean it wasn't tossed at all,

    Or the phone never did ping in Florida.

    Common sense says it can't be both. IMO
    Where is Sky Metalwala???

  3. #408
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    13,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
    If it was in the dumpster, brother nor husband found it. It could mean it wasn't tossed at all,

    Or the phone never did ping in Florida.

    Common sense says it can't be both. IMO
    I agree, I don't think it can be both. The phone pinging in Florida is one of the few pieces of info we have that came from LE, though. They supposedly told the family that, although they did not make any public statement. Could LE have been lying to family about the phone ping to see what someone said next? And then there is also the California email thing. I don't know what to believe in this case.
    Last edited by Gardener1850; 11-14-2017 at 09:41 PM.

  4. #409
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    300
    Has anyone else thought about suicide?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #410
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    300

    TX - Michele Roode Boyd, 41, San Antonio, 24 Nov 2016

    There is only one Person on Facebook with the name of first spouse (exactly like it is in the article previous posted) but I don't think he looks like the same person.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #411
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    300

    TX - Michele Roode Boyd, 41, San Antonio, 24 Nov 2016

    I didn't find second husband on social media.
    I would be very interested to hear the ex husbands opinion on the mental health issue.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rascal32; 11-14-2017 at 10:28 PM.

  7. #412
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    33
    I would not think suicide

  8. #413
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Dallas, Georgia
    Posts
    7,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
    If it was in the dumpster, brother nor husband found it. It could mean it wasn't tossed at all,

    Or the phone never did ping in Florida.

    Common sense says it can't be both. IMO
    I have a thought or three in a different direction-
    that she did toss her phone and it was found, never turned over to LE and possibly turned on in FL by whoever found it.
    I'm curious when it pinged in FL?
    ETA- maybe not a different thought as I continue to read upward.
    Last edited by LisaWL7TR; 11-15-2017 at 12:04 AM.

  9. #414
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    I'm still stuck on the cell phone. She could not have simultaneously thrown her phone away in a dumpster AND later have that same phone pinging on the east coast of Florida where her daughter was sent for Christmas. Some possible theories of what really happened:

    A. Maybe Michele threw something else away and her daughter was mistaken/thought it was her phone. Michele had told her mother that she did not want to go to Thanksgiving dinner with SB's family. So maybe she ignored SB's calls and texts that day. Maybe her daughter picked up on mom looking at her phone in anger when SB called and maybe soon after that Michele silenced the phone and tossed something else in the dumpster. Daughter is 5 and could be mistaken.

    B. Maybe Michele actually threw away her phone as her daughter said she did. Maybe someone dumpster diving found the phone and sold it and it "happened" to end up on the east coast of Florida. This seems like too big of a coincidence, however.

    C. Maybe Michele had more than one cell phone. Maybe she had been using a burner phone for some reason and threw that one away. But I can't figure out why she would keep her old phone and throw the burner if she was planning on walking away from her life. Seems like in that scenario she would toss the old phone and keep using a burner.

    D. Maybe Michele never threw her phone away at all. Maybe the daughter has been coached to say that mommy threw her phone in the dumpster. This theory is similar to A, but with the distinction that there is a nefarious element at work here and "mommy threw her phone in the dumpster" is not the true story or the whole story. I'm not saying the child is purposely lying. I'm saying she could have been told by someone else that mommy threw her phone away and restated it as if she had seen it happen. Or she could have been asked leading questions such as "Did mommy throw her phone away?" To which she said yes. Again, she is only 5.

    None of these seem to be strong theories and I'm left wondering what else we don't know. Can anyone think of alternative theories explaining the phone?
    It could be the case that the Sim Card from her phone was swapped to another phone.

  10. #415
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    I agree, I don't think it can be both. The phone pinging in Florida is one of the few pieces of info we have that came from LE, though. They supposedly told the family that, although they did not make any public statement. Could LE have been lying to family about the phone ping to see what someone said next? And then there is also the California email thing. I don't know what to believe in this case.
    If I understand the e-mail that was mentioned it was in regard to get a shopper card from Safeway in California. With that it seems someone had to physically enter a store and apply for a card.

    According to their web site you can print out a form from their site and give it any cashier. I don't know if you have to show ID or not. The e-mail is optional (so is phone number).

    The important thing is you have to be in the store. So, Safeway should have a record of the card setup. Safeway should also know what terminal in the store was used - which register or at customer service. They should also know the time. Thus, LE could have examined security footage to see if Michele could be seen or whoever it was that was at that register/customer service at that time or if she was in that store at all. Who knows if they did.

    If that card application happened at a register, discounts can be applied immediately to anything purchased. Thus, LE could learn from Safeway if a debit or credit card was used at that same register in close proximity of the time the card application was processed. And if either were used possibly track down that person.

    Naturally, it is possible that the e-mail was not sent from Safeway and that would mean there was no application and consequently nothing can be learned from Safeway. Though LE should have been able to determine that as well. Who knows if they did. I would think that San Antonio Police would want to know if someone was inserting themselves into Michele's case and try to identify them.


  11. #416
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    13,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro4WS View Post
    It could be the case that the Sim Card from her phone was swapped to another phone.
    Hmmm... Interesting idea. What would someone gain by doing that?

  12. #417
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    13,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro4WS View Post
    If I understand the e-mail that was mentioned it was in regard to get a shopper card from Safeway in California. With that it seems someone had to physically enter a store and apply for a card.

    According to their web site you can print out a form from their site and give it any cashier. I don't know if you have to show ID or not. The e-mail is optional (so is phone number).

    The important thing is you have to be in the store. So, Safeway should have a record of the card setup. Safeway should also know what terminal in the store was used - which register or at customer service. They should also know the time. Thus, LE could have examined security footage to see if Michele could be seen or whoever it was that was at that register/customer service at that time or if she was in that store at all. Who knows if they did.

    If that card application happened at a register, discounts can be applied immediately to anything purchased. Thus, LE could learn from Safeway if a debit or credit card was used at that same register in close proximity of the time the card application was processed. And if either were used possibly track down that person.

    Naturally, it is possible that the e-mail was not sent from Safeway and that would mean there was no application and consequently nothing can be learned from Safeway. Though LE should have been able to determine that as well. Who knows if they did. I would think that San Antonio Police would want to know if someone was inserting themselves into Michele's case and try to identify them.
    I wonder if her email address is made up of her name? Her surnames are not uncommon. There are other Michele Boyds. It could be something as simple as someone
    leaving off a letter or writing down a false email because they don't want the spam. IDK. If the email really had to be given in person in store then I hope they checked the store video.

  13. #418
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    I wonder if her email address is made up of her name? Her surnames are not uncommon. There are other Michele Boyds. It could be something as simple as someone
    leaving off a letter or writing down a false email because they don't want the spam. IDK. If the email really had to be given in person in store then I hope they checked the store video.
    The store video will show Michele if she was there.. I truly hope LE have every video camera footage available-from the store, meat market, surrounding shops. Especially if we're suppose to believe Michele left with nothing, and left her daughter.. what has a gas station worker said about her daughter? How did her husband know where and when to pick their daughter up? The daughter must have used a phone in that store/gas station? When the husband picked her up, did he not look for Michele's car? I'm having trouble believing a lot of this story.

  14. #419
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    13,767
    Quote Originally Posted by KelsK View Post
    The store video will show Michele if she was there.. I truly hope LE have every video camera footage available-from the store, meat market, surrounding shops. Especially if we're suppose to believe Michele left with nothing, and left her daughter.. what has a gas station worker said about her daughter? How did her husband know where and when to pick their daughter up? The daughter must have used a phone in that store/gas station? When the husband picked her up, did he not look for Michele's car? I'm having trouble believing a lot of this story.
    It is possible that Michele's car was towed before he got there to pick up his daughter. And we actually don't know who called him about his daughter being found. Was it the police or the a good Samaritan from the store? I agree, however, it is a difficult story to believe. It's a very strange story and stranger still that when the news first started to cover the story there was NO MENTION of the daughter being with Michele and being abandoned at the store. That should have been the lead story. It would have caused more urgency in people looking for her, IMO. It may have also made a difference for anyone that thought they saw her that day if the public had been told the daughter may have been with her. The public should have been asked if they remembered seeing her with a child to try to trace her last location and see if they could find her on video anywhere. Instead, we didn't hear about the daughter being with her that day for months. And then it was buried in an opinion section in a Florida paper-- not a local San Antonio paper where anyone who may have seen Michele and her daughter that day might read it.

    I can only hope that LE are really investigating Michele's disappearance. If they are not investigating, however, it is not too late to try to get tips from the public. For any family reading this, please try to do some interviews with the media for the 1 year anniversary of Michele going missing. You need to plead with the public for info because if Michele is still out there not knowing who she is then someone knows something. Someone must have seen her and helped her. Someone knows something. She could not have dropped her daughter and her car off and walked away without being seen somewhere. JMO.

  15. #420
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    33
    What a botched up hot mess this is. I have my own ideas, wish I were able to run them by a detective.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2017, 04:25 PM
  2. AR - Alithia Boyd, 23 mos, dies of head trauma, Flippin, 1 May 2016
    By OkieGranny in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-30-2017, 07:59 AM
  3. ND ND - Michele Henson, 49, Williston, 11 March 2016
    By creepedout in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-26-2016, 03:57 PM
  4. Found Safe TN - Michele Robinette, 43, Unionville, 5 July 2016
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2016, 03:09 PM

Tags for this Thread