1290 users online (221 members and 1069 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by marable View Post
    I hope that you are correct in that some of his cases can and will be solved but he was a very cunning, meticulous, brilliant killer the likes of which has never been seen before....

He was thrilled playing a cat and mouse game with law enforcement orthe FBI in the interviews...
    little did he know somebody smarter than him would come along and snatch those secrets away from him. i desperately want the FBI to fly out to me here in new england and bring the computer, and any and all other interview videos. i have the passion, the intellect, the eye and the keen sense to feel. it starts with kathleen, though. there's just too much evidence that points to him over and over again. i hate it, i wish it wasn't true. but if it is, she is the master key. there is no doubt about that.

According to the FBI timeline Keyes was in North Dakota when Sheila Mcbroom went missing. Curtis Plagge is a possibility when examining the timeline and seems like a strong possibility. Sierra Roberts was caught in a sex trafficking case and does not have the feel of a Keyes victim. Out of all the cases though I feel Jack Conright seems like the strongest candidate to have unfortunately crossed paths with Keyes.

Quote Originally Posted by BD1989 View Post
    According to the FBI timeline Keyes was in North Dakota when Sheila Mcbroom went missing. Curtis Plagge is a possibility when examining the timeline and seems like a strong possibility. Sierra Roberts was caught in a sex trafficking case and does not have the feel of a Keyes victim. Out of all the cases though I feel Jack Conright seems like the strongest candidate to have unfortunately crossed paths with Keyes.
    there are 5 days unaccounted for according to the timeline made available to the public (which may or may not be accurate): october 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

he traveled on october 24 and 25, with the next date of travel on october 31.

given the evidence of kathleen's disappearance, church fire, suspicious activity on her blog before she went missing and after she went missing, i would say it is compelling enough that the travel dates need to be called into question and checked for errors and missed dates of travel.

Quote Originally Posted by BD1989 View Post
    can you post the information you have about sierra and how you learned it? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mjk2015 View Post
    can you post the information you have about sierra and how you learned it? thanks
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ts_sierra.html

thank you for that. the information must have been added after i found her a year ago because i distinctly remember there being no information about her. it's interesting that she was still in alaska after being reported missing. i think she's still a possible victim, considering that an alaskan serial killer was known to encounter prostitutes.

edit: duh, i just checked the bottom of the page to see if they dated the information. they did. the details of disappearance was added may 7, 2016 (over 4 months after i found her and identified her as a possible victim).

ty for the link!

thank you for that. the information must have been added after i found her a year ago because i distinctly remember there being no information about her. it's interesting that she was still in alaska after being reported missing. i think she's still a possible victim, considering that an alaskan serial killer was known to encounter prostitutes.

edit: duh, i just checked the bottom of the page to see if they dated the information. they did. the details of disappearance was added may 7, 2016 (over 4 months after i found her and identified her as a possible victim).

ty for the link!
    Np, mjk2015. Its nice to know I'm not the only one interested in trying to unravel this mystery.

hi.

late last year i had been researching the death penalty when i came across a crime website featuring serial killers. i arrived at keyes but quickly googled samantha koenig's name. i watched videos about her and cried. i was hooked. i turned my attention back to keyes and began researching and learning. i watched the FBI's 5 interview videos. then i began looking for potential victims. i found four people who i think are highly likely to have been victims.

the first person i found is sheila kathleen mcbroom.

her family believe she committed suicide. another theory is that she may have suffered sudden death due to an unknown illness. i felt, very strongly, that she was one of keyes' victims. there was too much information i found while learning about her that points to keyes.

kathleen wrote a blog. i learned a lot about her. she was mormon (so was keyes). they lived in the same city. a year and a half before she went missing her church burned in a fire (keyes was an arsonist).

i found the webpage where kathleen left a comment about the church fire. the other commenter is "Judith" who blatantly mocked kathleen. when i saw it, i was sure that i had found a comment made by keyes himself.

that isn't the only suspicious comment i found. there are more.

two weeks before kathleen disappeared somebody left a comment on her blog. they called themselves "not an anonymous stranger" (remember what "Judith" wrote) and asked if she would pine for something she once had.

keyes was the taker of souls, the taker of lives, and the destroyer of families. he told police that he could tell who would be missed more. that's pining.

i found another suspicious comment on kathleen's blog. keyes liked to hunt for people in campgrounds. take a look at this commenter's name,

kathleen's truck was found on october 31, four days after she went missing. i found what i think is an anniversary comment (keyes posting as "Lindy"). “Lindy” mentions an atheist and anonymity. those things are highly relevant to keyes, a former mormon.

there's a blog called slam dunks which i think keyes would have liked, a lot. i found comments there that i think may have been keyes,

1. anonymous, august and september 2010
    2. patricia, november 2009

even if he did not abduct and kill kathleen, he certainly would have been aware that somebody in anchorage, alaska had gone missing.

lastly, i think this is what happened. since they lived in the same city i think he saw her truck and her license plate. i think he would've followed her and began casing her. since we know he really liked the internet, a lot, i think he invested a lot of time in planning his attack. i think he cased her, i think he toyed with her and i think he is responsible for her disappearance.

the other possible victims i've identified are,

curtis plagge

sierra roberts

jack conright

what's interesting in jack's case is that somebody called in a tip a few days after he went missing. i suspect that caller was keyes who traveled the next day in order to watch law enforcement work from a distance.

~ melissa (mjk)

I am new at this, so please forgive me if I post too much, but here is a link for a VERY LIKELY post by Keyes, by "isreal", scroll all the way to the bottom (I hope I am not posting the entire thing)
    http://aboutserialkillers.blogspot.c...al-killer.html

At the very bottom, under comments, someone mentioned him posting and captured this from "Isreal" (name spelled different),

Quote Originally Posted by a5adams View Post
    Has anyone ever came across a comment that you thought could have been his? I swear, I thought I remember someone took a screenshot of one of his comments that was under the user name of "Iz Reyes" or something like that. He may have been commenting about the search for the Curriers. Could have been just my imagination though. I was just wondering if anyone ever came across some of his postings.
    Yes, there is one here at Webleuths, not sure which thread. There is another here:

Scroll all the way to the bottom of article. Someone captured it and posted it.

Quote Originally Posted by seasons of wither View Post
    I am new at this, so please forgive me if I post too much, but here is a link for a VERY LIKELY post by Keyes, by "isreal", scroll all the way to the bottom (I hope I am not posting the entire thing)

At the very bottom, under comments, someone mentioned him posting and captured this from "Isreal" (name spelled different),
    Isreal said on Friday, Mar 2 at 11:19 PM'
    Nothing surprises me anymore. For every action there is a reaction, and playing with other people's emotions, male or female, is a very vile thing. Also i have to say people who portrayed an image or a personality trait up front and isn't the type of person that they really are , you are only hurting yourselves.'.
    if that comment is his then he's talking about himself since he lived a double life, and the people who knew him didn't know him at all. in saying "you are only hurting yourselves" he would seem to be expressing pain over the fact that the people who knew him really didn't. it must have hurt him to have been keeping that secret. maybe he wanted people to know but was tortured over it (holding opposite states concurrently; wanting them to know and not wanting them to know).

i'd like to know what year that comment was made and if the FB page is accessible.

if that comment is his then he's talking about himself since he lived a double life, and the people who knew him didn't know him at all. in saying "you are only hurting yourselves" he would seem to be expressing pain over the fact that the people who knew him really didn't. it must have hurt him to have been keeping that secret. maybe he wanted people to know but was tortured over it (holding opposite states concurrently; wanting them to know and not wanting them to know).

i'd like to know what year that comment was made and if the FB page is accessible.
    I believe he was posting right before he was arrested. He left Alaska on 03/01/12 and headed to Vegas, where he rented a car and withdrew money from AZ, NM, and finally arrested in TX. I don't know if you able to listen to all the interviews on ADN, but they were quite telling. He said he "got a kick" out of reading about the cases and posted stuff on various sites. I have scoured the internet for his posts, but I only became interested in this case last year, and most have been deleted.

I will dig out that WS post when I can find the time. It's very similar to the one I linked to and he also went by the name "Isreal".

Would love to see the FBI's profile on him and what they think and would love to access to all of the interviews. The links on ADN are gone, I was thinking of emailing them, too, someone else did recently (from WS). There were much more revealing, IMO, to his "inner workings". I know ADN got them by filing a FOIA request.

Also, I agree, he could have been almost talking about himself. In some kind of crazy way, he must have felt so lonely, I can't imagine carrying that kind of a secret and NO one knowing anything about your "real" self, except your victims. They are the only ones who saw him for who he really was. In that moment, that must have been some kind of intimacy for him. I have read that serial killers experience intimacy with their victims, it feeds some deep seated need, especially necrophiles, and it appears, he might have been one, at least by some reports. Please don't get me wrong, I am not in any way, shape, or form, saying I understand the motivation or sympathize with it, but that is what is so perplexing, the "why" of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by seasons of wither View Post
    I believe he was posting right before he was arrested. He left Alaska on 03/01/12 and headed to Vegas, where he rented a car and withdrew money from AZ, NM, and finally arrested in TX. I don't know if you able to listen to all the interviews on ADN, but they were quite telling. He said he "got a kick" out of reading about the cases and posted stuff on various sites. I have scoured the internet for his posts, but I only became interested in this case last year, and most have been deleted.

I will dig out that WS post when I can find the time. It's very similar to the one I linked to and he also went by the name "Isreal".

Would love to see the FBI's profile on him and what they think and would love to access to all of the interviews. The links on ADN are gone, I was thinking of emailing them, too, someone else did recently (from WS). There were much more revealing, IMO, to his "inner workings". I know ADN got them by filing a FOIA request.
    do you think the FBI are trained to be suspicious of people who take an interest in a serial killer? ADN could file a freedom of information act request because they're an established / authorized entity but if an unassociated independent citizen did it, they'd probably be suspicious. i need clearance, i need a hat. i'm going to file an FOIA to obtain his computer so i can do my work.

i know, i know. dream on.

i'm unfortunately very familiar with that bony fingered demon and i know for a fact i could read his activity with my eyes closed. i want the computer!

Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

do you think the FBI are trained to be suspicious of people who take an interest in a serial killer? ADN could file a freedom of information act request because they're an established / authorized entity but if an unassociated independent citizen did it, they'd probably be suspicious. i need clearance, i need a hat. i'm going to file an FOIA to obtain his computer so i can do my work.

i'm unfortunately very familiar with that bony fingered demon and i know for a fact i could read his activity with my eyes closed. i want the computer!
    I was wondering the same thing in regards to them being suspicious about a private citizen researching a serial killer. But screw it, I'm going to file a FOIA tonight, I really hope they don't give me a hard time but based on my limited knowledge of FOIA they're really not even allowed to ask why you want it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast