1332 users online (239 members and 1093 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by BD1989 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing in regards to them being suspicious about a private citizen researching a serial killer. But screw it, I'm going to file a FOIA tonight, I really hope they don't give me a hard time but based on my limited knowledge of FOIA they're really not even allowed to ask why you want it.
    Wow BD1989, that's awesome! I think it's natural to be fascinated by these cases, that's why shows like Criminal Minds are so popular. I think it's because we all want to know the "why"? I mean, the people at the FBI were probably fascinated, too, that's may be why they went into the field.

  2. #32
    Mjk,

    Good work. Also, in one of the audio clips, Keyes talked about how he was thinking of burning churches. He stated that he thought of taking someone to a church and then he wanted to burn it. He stated that he had "a lot of problems with religion" and added that he thought it would be a way to get more attention for his crimes, though he didn't use those words (can't remember the exact words).

    As I was reviewing the Pacific NW thread this evening, I found that Bessie how posted info on sheila kathleen mcbroom sometime ago. Thought I would bring it over here:

    Sheila McBroom, 40, Anchorage, 27 Oct 2008

    This might be a long shot, but since I don't see a definite location for IK on October 27, 2008, I'm going to add it to the thread.

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74922"]AK AK - Sheila McBroom, 40, Anchorage, 27 Oct 2008 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]



    Woman's disappearance puzzles friends
    Published: November 11, 2008

    By JAMES HALPIN
    jhalpin@adn.com
    Along the Seward Highway, between the towering cliffs of exposed rock and the fast-icing waters of Turnagain Arm, an abandoned pickup found last month looked to be a promising lead in the search for a woman who vanished on her way to work.
    But inside the green 1996 GMC, found some six miles below McHugh Creek on Oct. 31, the belongings of Sheila Kathleen McBroom, 40, remained untouched. There were no signs of foul play, nothing wrong with the car suggesting mechanical malfunction, no suicide note



    McBroom made a blog post on October 26. A post on her blog made by her daughter on Oct 29 says McBroom didn't make it to work on "Monday", which would've been October 27. The article above is partially incorrect. Her truck was found on Oct 31, but the policeman stopped her on Oct 27.

    http://sogratefultobemormon.wordpres...-mom/#comments

    Also read post here dated October 31, 2008, "Update on Kathleen".


    http://www.themorganfollies.blogspot...07:15:00-06:00
    Last edited by bessie; 09-09-2013 at 12:13 AM.
    Last edited by seasons of wither; 01-14-2017 at 12:10 AM.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by BD1989 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing in regards to them being suspicious about a private citizen researching a serial killer. But screw it, I'm going to file a FOIA tonight, I really hope they don't give me a hard time but based on my limited knowledge of FOIA they're really not even allowed to ask why you want it.
    good luck with your request, i hope it gets things moving in a good direction.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by seasons of wither View Post
    Mjk,

    Good work. Also, in one of the audio clips, Keyes talked about how he was thinking of burning churches. He stated that he thought of taking someone to a church and then he wanted to burn it. He stated that he had "a lot of problems with religion" and added that he thought it would be a way to get more attention for his crimes, though he didn't use those words (can't remember the exact words).

    As I was reviewing the Pacific NW thread this evening, I found that Bessie how posted info on sheila kathleen mcbroom sometime ago. Thought I would bring it over here:

    Sheila McBroom, 40, Anchorage, 27 Oct 2008

    This might be a long shot, but since I don't see a definite location for IK on October 27, 2008, I'm going to add it to the thread.

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74922"]AK AK - Sheila McBroom, 40, Anchorage, 27 Oct 2008 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]



    Woman's disappearance puzzles friends
    Published: November 11, 2008

    By JAMES HALPIN
    jhalpin@adn.com
    Along the Seward Highway, between the towering cliffs of exposed rock and the fast-icing waters of Turnagain Arm, an abandoned pickup found last month looked to be a promising lead in the search for a woman who vanished on her way to work.
    But inside the green 1996 GMC, found some six miles below McHugh Creek on Oct. 31, the belongings of Sheila Kathleen McBroom, 40, remained untouched. There were no signs of foul play, nothing wrong with the car suggesting mechanical malfunction, no suicide note



    McBroom made a blog post on October 26. A post on her blog made by her daughter on Oct 29 says McBroom didn't make it to work on "Monday", which would've been October 27. The article above is partially incorrect. Her truck was found on Oct 31, but the policeman stopped her on Oct 27.

    http://sogratefultobemormon.wordpres...-mom/#comments

    Also read post here dated October 31, 2008, "Update on Kathleen".


    http://www.themorganfollies.blogspot...07:15:00-06:00
    Last edited by bessie; 09-09-2013 at 12:13 AM.
    i wailed for kathleen. i read her entire blog and pained heavily for days weighing up the options: suicide, spontaneous death or victim of a serial killer. each had probability and some substance and weight but no matter what i did, it kept coming back to keyes and would rest there. it was so conclusive to me, as conclusive as could be, that i moved forward with submitting a report to the FBI. i still pain over the lack of acknowledgment and response from them. it kills me. they asked for the public's help. the public are helping. the FBI are not doing their part, and they leave people hanging on hooks. it's not right.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by marable View Post
    Mjk,

    I think his crimes were so numerous over such vast locations that all of his victims will never be identified....

    I don't know if you have read all of the postings here on WS or not but there are some pretty frightening stories of people who believe that they were being stalked by him.....When I have read those stories I sleep with my bedroom door locked...

    Two people think they encountered him at trailheads where they were walking....Another couple were out gardening near their home and he just walked up to them and started questioning them.....One woman said that she was sure that he had parked across from her home for several days watching her....The worst , was a woman who thinks that he came to her door several times for a few nights just terrorizing her by rattling the doors and windows...

    I think he stalked Loraine Currier for months prior to him killing ...Just a few weeks prior to her death her husband (Bill) bought her a gun....she told a friend that "she thought a man was stalking her"....

    It terrorizes me that people like that could walk among us....
    I never really bought into the "random" theory. I know that's what the FBI said, but I am just not convinced. I also believe he had a victim preference.

    "If you're set up in the right spot...you know...using binoculars...you can see who's in the car, you know, like shopping".

    I do believe he frequented remote areas, and kind of had to take what he could get, just as he said. But that was due to hiding his crimes, not because he had no preference.

    That's all just my own opinion. Of course, we don't have access to all the info the FBI does.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by seasons of wither View Post
    I never really bought into the "random" theory. I know that's what the FBI said, but I am just not convinced. I also believe he had a victim preference.

    "If you're set up in the right spot...you know...using binoculars...you can see who's in the car, you know, like shopping".

    I do believe he frequented remote areas, and kind of had to take what he could get, just as he said. But that was due to hiding his crimes, not because he had no preference.

    That's all just my own opinion. Of course, we don't have access to all the info the FBI does.
    i think it was two-fold; originally, victims would be very randomly selected. but with the arrival and expansion of the internet i think he graduated to victim selection (as would be the case with kathleen, if she was truly one of his victims). i think he would have crossed paths with her in their town but then located her online presence. i strongly believe he invested a lot of time in her (over a year). she would have been very challenging; domestic life, career, community life at her church. i think she would have been irresistible for him, because of religion.

  7. #37

    Here's the one from WS:



    • 08-20-2013, 10:29 PM
      GGE







      "But Keyes' relationship with the media was odd, said Bell. Before his arrest he would comment under news stories about the kidnapping of Samantha Koenig, and the murders of Bill and Loraine Currire, a Vermont couple that he admitted to slaying.

      “He enjoyed seeing the media reports on all the crimes he did, and knowing he did it, and nobody else knew he did,” said Bell.

      On March 3, 2012 Keyes left the following comment under a KTVA story: “I hate to say this, at this point there is no hope. And I would also like to point out innocent until proven guilty. Stupid people like to blame others because he sounds like a prime suspect without any proof that they actually did it. And she wasn’t so innocent either, the dumb b**** played with others emotions, and with this guy, and she has a boyfriend, so you have to wonder about the consequences. I really wish she is found, learned lessons.”
      "

      http://www.ktva.com/home/top-stories....html?strypg=1








    Quote Originally Posted by BD1989 View Post
    I remember coming across a comment under an article discussing the murder of Pastor Carol Daniels, and it felt very much like Keyes.I remember him saying something about having a few too many whiskeys and reading on his crimes late at night. I can't imagine him resisting the urge to taunt investigators when under the influence of alcohol, especially towards the end when he found himself getting sloppy.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by mjk2015 View Post
    it was so conclusive to me, as conclusive as could be, that i moved forward with submitting a report to the FBI. i still pain over the lack of acknowledgment and response from them. it kills me. they asked for the public's help. the public are helping. the FBI are not doing their part, and they leave people hanging on hooks. it's not right.
    I really don't know how the tips are handled by the FBI, but I can't imagine they wouldn't follow up on that information. They might not necessarily reach out to the person giving the information, especially if it was very detailed. It is frustrating/annoying I imagine when they don't want to play with you. But I think they are doing their job's behind the scene's.
    The U.S. Court of Appeals later ruled that Whitman wasn’t liable for the EPA’s claims, because she did not intend any harm.

    http://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/i...m-bill-fearon/

    https://www.facebook.com/NewJerseySt...0070167714190/

    End Of Watch 12/28/2016 Latest innocent victim of 9/11/01
    Going Home 12/30/2016

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Upper Midwest/Northern California
    Posts
    294
    I'm going to catch up on this thread on my day off. From my past interactions with people with massive mental disorder...the idea of Keyes lurking on the Internet to bask in his yet-to-be revealed infamy makes perfect sense.
    L'chaim!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    6
    IK admitted in one of his confessions that he started using library computers to check on his storys, but eventually he got sloppy and was getting drunk and commenting on stories from his home computer. There's posts out there by him if our gov hasn't found and erased them. With that being said, IK was a pretty sophisticated serial killer up until the very end; I doubt any such posts of his we're juicy enough to call attention to himself, and his screen name probably wouldn't have any discernible connection to him.


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3


Similar Threads

  1. Lawsuit targets anonymous online comments
    By Kat in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-23-2009, 12:02 PM
  2. MySpace Links/Comments & Facebook comments
    By SeriouslySearching in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 706
    Last Post: 09-14-2008, 05:11 PM