https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/32747

Theresa Vernell Jones 008.jpg
Above Images: Theresa, circa 1980

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: September 1980 from Brazoria County, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: February 9, 1963
Height: 5'6
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Theresa's nickname is Teri. She has a tattoo of a rose on the back of her right shoulder and a slight gap between her upper front teeth.​

Details of Disappearance

Theresa was last seen in Brazoria County, Texas sometime in approximately September 1980. She lived in the 1800 block of Highway 6, near the city of Alvin. Theresa's sister, Brenda, was in Houston, Texas and was expecting Theresa to go there and give her a ride home, but she never arrived and has never been heard from again. Theresa was driving a prime-gray late 1960s model Chevrolet Impala or Chevrolet Nova at the time of her disappearance; it has never been located. She also hasn't renewed her driver's license since her disappearance.

Another of Theresa's sisters, Gina Ladonna Gibbs, was murdered in Nassau County, Florida on June 2, 1982, at the age of twenty-two; the homicide remains unsolved. A photo of Gina is posted below this case summary. Police are looking to the theory that her murder was in some way connected to Theresa's disappearance. Her disappearance remains unsolved.​

jones_theresa_sister.jpg

Above: Gina Gibbs

Curious...why do they not know if her car was an Impala or a Nova? I know they sort of resemble each other but wouldn't her relatives know? Insurance? Bill of sale? And it was never found? I also read that for a while, no one was sure which high school she attended. Was she not living with her family? Does LE believe she is still alive somewhere, hence the lack of publication of her case? The fact that it is believed that her sister's murder is somehow connected to Theresa's disappearance is just so intriguing. I can't find anything online on Gina. I thought I saw somewhere that she had a daughter, but I can't remember where I saw it. There is something about this case that I feel like could so easily be solved.

Curious...why do they not know if her car was an Impala or a Nova? I know they sort of resemble each other but wouldn't her relatives know? Insurance? Bill of sale? And it was never found? I also read that for a while, no one was sure which high school she attended. Was she not living with her family?

Strange as it may seem, there was a lot of confusion about the model and color of the car.

She actually bought the car from her brother's wife, but the brother's wife can't recall what the model was. Her best recollection was that it was a 67, had two doors, and they were certain that it was some model of Chevy. We had a pretty long communication about the car. The brother's wife says it was primer gray, but that she may have gotten it painted. Her sister remembered that it was green, but she changed her mind and decided that it was primer grey, as the sister-in-law said.

Her sister initially told me that the car was a Chevelle. But when I showed them a photo of a 67 Chevelle, they agreed that Terri's car was shorter and had a smaller trunk. After going over photos of various 67 Chevys, they settled on either an Impala or a Nova.

I asked the detective to see if he could find any old registration records on the car.

Does LE believe she is still alive somewhere, hence the lack of publication of her case? The fact that it is believed that her sister's murder is somehow connected to Theresa's disappearance is just so intriguing. I can't find anything online on Gina.

IDK what the detectives opinions are. The family is pretty certain that she is dead. There was a lot of dysfunction in the family, but nevertheless, she would have shown up by now. And her driver's license was never renewed. She left behind a pre-printed driver's license renewal card. After it had lapsed, the Texas DMV reissued that number to someone else.

I thought I saw somewhere that she had a daughter, but I can't remember where I saw it. There is something about this case that I feel like could so easily be solved.

She had no children.

Attachments

• 5D26104D-4E53-4E60-A971-32969381CE42.jpeg
    5D26104D-4E53-4E60-A971-32969381CE42.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 1C32BCE1-2278-4E3E-8868-8C3CD3542321.jpeg
    1C32BCE1-2278-4E3E-8868-8C3CD3542321.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 9
  • F4279E17-FFF0-46F1-B866-9FAE9A97F9D9.jpeg
    F4279E17-FFF0-46F1-B866-9FAE9A97F9D9.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 9FE3B432-C682-4FDD-A9D6-6B6714460231.jpeg
    9FE3B432-C682-4FDD-A9D6-6B6714460231.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 10
  • CF052827-D213-40F3-A022-93FC761AAA32.jpeg
    CF052827-D213-40F3-A022-93FC761AAA32.jpeg
    493.5 KB · Views: 11
  • %E2%80%9CThe%20Lime%20Lady%E2%80%9D%20Theresa%20V%20Jones%20OK%201980.pdf.pdf
    442.7 KB · Views: 3
Grimes County Jane Doe
Found: October 29, 1981
Height: 5' 1" to 5' 5"
Weight: 110 lbs
Hair: Red/Dark Auburn hair

Had evidence of previously healed fractures to her ribs, breastbone, and toe area. Investigators believe she was right handed. She was found wearing pink bikini panties, a ring with a replica 20-dollar American gold piece, and a white towel. She was found wrapped in a large plastic bag with a rag commonly used by mechanics inside, as well. Investigators believe that her body was stored in a closet for a few years before moving the body to the location.

The Jane Doe had a few previous injuries, and I'm unsure if Theresa had any injuries. I'm also unsure if Theresa wore a coin ring.

Attachments

• 543UFTX.jpg
    543UFTX.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 3
She had a big family. I am the baby out of 9 children. She was 17 when she disappeared. Brazoria County Police Department considered her as a runaway. So they did not file nothing on her. My father left whenever I was 2 years old. So of course he wasn't around.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1634132234158.jpg
    FB_IMG_1634132234158.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 5
  • FB_IMG_1639089018213.jpg
    FB_IMG_1639089018213.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 5
  • FB_IMG_1638522340010.jpg
    FB_IMG_1638522340010.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 5
Grimes County Jane Doe

Had evidence of previously healed fractures to her ribs, breastbone, and toe area. Investigators believe she was right handed. She was found wearing pink bikini panties, a ring with a replica 20-dollar American gold piece, and a white towel. She was found wrapped in a large plastic bag with a rag commonly used by mechanics inside, as well. Investigators believe that her body was stored in a closet for a few years before moving the body to the location.

The Jane Doe had a few previous injuries, and I'm unsure if Theresa had any injuries. I'm also unsure if Theresa wore a coin ring.
Did they match the DNA

Grimes County Jane Doe

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1634132234158.jpg
    FB_IMG_1634132234158.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 2
Curious...why do they not know if her car was an Impala or a Nova? I know they sort of resemble each other but wouldn't her relatives know? Insurance? Bill of sale? And it was never found? I also read that for a while, no one was sure which high school she attended. Was she not living with her family? Does LE believe she is still alive somewhere, hence the lack of publication of her case? The fact that it is believed that her sister's murder is somehow connected to Theresa's disappearance is just so intriguing. I can't find anything online on Gina. I thought I saw somewhere that she had a daughter, but I can't remember where I saw it. There is something about this case that I feel like could so easily be solved.
Yeah that's where my brother wife comes in she's the one that sold her the car so why would she not know what kind of car it was? I'm baffled.... I was 13 years old my brother has sent me to Mexico with one of his friends I was left at the Mexican border because they did not have my birth certificate. I'm wondering if my sister got sold to the Mexicans in Mexico. They tried to leave me over there but my mama went and got me

Theresa Vernell Jones
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/j/jones_theresa.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/32747

View attachment 105402
Above Images: Theresa, circa 1980

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: September 1980 from Brazoria County, Texas​
Classification: Endangered Missing​
Date of Birth: February 9, 1963​
Height: 5'6​
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Theresa's nickname is Teri. She has a tattoo of a rose on the back of her right shoulder and a slight gap between her upper front teeth.​

Details of Disappearance

Theresa was last seen in Brazoria County, Texas sometime in approximately September 1980. She lived in the 1800 block of Highway 6, near the city of Alvin. Theresa's sister, Brenda, was in Houston, Texas and was expecting Theresa to go there and give her a ride home, but she never arrived and has never been heard from again. Theresa was driving a prime-gray late 1960s model Chevrolet Impala or Chevrolet Nova at the time of her disappearance; it has never been located. She also hasn't renewed her driver's license since her disappearance.​
Another of Theresa's sisters, Gina Ladonna Gibbs, was murdered in Nassau County, Florida on June 2, 1982, at the age of twenty-two; the homicide remains unsolved. A photo of Gina is posted below this case summary. Police are looking to the theory that her murder was in some way connected to Theresa's disappearance. Her disappearance remains unsolved.​

jones_theresa_sister.jpg

Above: Gina Gibbs
I don't think she is dead

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member