748 users online (90 members and 658 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

NH - Hudson, Skeletal Remains, 2005 - Henry Holcomb

Does anyone know of any possible matches? Hudson is not terribly far over the MA border, and right near Nashua.

http://www.thewmurchannel.com/news/5341332/detail.html
    Last edited by Cubby; 01-13-2011 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bugaboo
    Does anyone know of any possible matches? Hudson is not terribly far over the MA border, and right near Nashua.

http://www.thewmurchannel.com/news/5341332/detail.html

Really can't match anyone up until there is more info, other than bones. I wonder how long they have been there. There may not be anyone missing in the immediate area, but there are lots of people missing from NH, VT & MA.

I tried to find the thread for you and couldn't, but there is a thread for missing women in NH. Maybe another poster will be more successful in finding the thread.

Hopefully they will release more info soon.

Could this be Maura Murray? I'm not familiar with the area but doing some looking on Mapquest, the location of the body is sort of in between where her car was found (near Woodsville, NH) and where she would have left from school (UMass, Amherst).

After re-reading the article, I noticed that this was the second set of remains found in NH in a couple of weeks. Any info on the first ones they found?

Missing VT NH

Any thing more on the body found?
    "The world is dangerous to live in not because of the people who do evil things, but because of the people who know about it but do nothing to stop it."

www.MAURAMURRAYMISSING.com

Quote Originally Posted by murraydwyer
    Missing VT NH

Any thing more on the body found?

Nothing new. Just that the remains were sent to a state lab.

Thanks for finding that thread. I should have just looked for it instead of using the search feature.

OMG,, maura or brianna, maybe.........???

Hudson is not near where Maura disappeared from. It is off of 93 North and isn't far from the MA border.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterj
    Hudson is not near where Maura disappeared from. It is off of 93 North and isn't far from the MA border.
    It is purely my opinion, but I don't think the distance/location of the remains from the site of where a person went missing is the only consideration in who this poor soul may be.

There is no way to know IF this is Maura or Brianna UNTIL the DNA results are back.

Bring Maura Home!
    www.mauramurray.com
    www.spbowers.com\mauramissing.html

you are misunderstanding me

Quote Originally Posted by Peabody
    It is purely my opinion, but I don't think the distance/location of the remains from the site of where a person went missing is the only consideration in who this poor soul may be.

There is no way to know IF this is Maura or Brianna UNTIL the DNA results are back.

Bring Maura Home!
    www.mauramurray.com
    Wow, clearly I offended you which was certainly not my intent. I agree with you. I was actually responding to an earlier post where someone mentioned that Hudson wasn't far from Maura's school and from where she disappeared. I never said this couldn't be Maura and please don't assume that is what I meant. Next time I will make sure to reference the original post I am responding to.

Quote Originally Posted by Peabody

Bring Maura Home!
    www.mauramurray.com
    There are so many people missing from that area over the past few years. I hope LE is able to find out who this person is and at least bring some measure of peace to his/her family.

Wow, clearly I offended you which was certainly not my intent. I agree with you. I was actually responding to an earlier post where someone mentioned that Hudson wasn't far from Maura's school and from where she disappeared. I never said this couldn't be Maura and please don't assume that is what I meant. Next time I will make sure to reference the original post I am responding to.
    You were referring to my post and I didn't say it was NEAR Maura's car or her school.

I said it was somewhat between the 2 locations.

you are right

Quote Originally Posted by LButler
    You were referring to my post and I didn't say it was NEAR Maura's car or her school.

I said it was somewhat between the 2 locations.
    You are right, you didn't say that. My apologies.

I don't really understand why there seems to be hostility on this site (in general and not just this thread) and people acting like they care more about certain cases than you do. IMO if people didn't care about finding answers and closure for these poor families, than they wouldn't be here. You would think one would welcome a different perspective, and while that is the case most of the time, it definitely isn't always the case.

In closing, I wasn't trying to be rude to anyone so I would appreciate the same in return.

hand of welcome

. . .I don't really understand why there seems to be hostility on this site (in general and not just this thread) and people acting like they care more about certain cases than you do. IMO if people didn't care about finding answers and closure for these poor families, than they wouldn't be here. You would think one would welcome a different perspective, and while that is the case most of the time, it definitely isn't always the case.

In closing, I wasn't trying to be rude to anyone so I would appreciate the same in return.
    Just speaking for myself:I offer a belated Welcome to Websleuths. I agree we should all keep in mind that we are on the same side in wanting to help in these many cases. We are a large diverse group of people here and in any large group there are bound to be those found that have fewer people skills than is needed and then there are bad days and personality conflicts and just plain misunderstandings. An air of hostility makes it less likely that a talented researcher will want to stay and help. I hope you can overlook the bumpy times and stay and help.

You are right, you didn't say that. My apologies.

I don't really understand why there seems to be hostility on this site (in general and not just this thread) and people acting like they care more about certain cases than you do. IMO if people didn't care about finding answers and closure for these poor families, than they wouldn't be here. You would think one would welcome a different perspective, and while that is the case most of the time, it definitely isn't always the case.

I appreciate your opinion

It could be Maura, it could be anyone.
    Sometimes women, kids, anyone who is missing is picked up, taken elsewhere and dumped, as terrible and inhumane as that sounds. But that is what these monsters do.
    I hope whomever it is, that their family can get some answers and that their soul can rest in peace.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast