Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Dear Websleuths Members,

WITH MORE INFORMATION COMING FROM EXPERTS AND WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT SAYING SHERRI PAPINI WAS ABSOLUTELY A VICTIM AND DID NOT FAKE HER KIDNAPPING, WEBSLEUTHS IS TREATING SHERRI PAPINI AS A VICTIM OF A CRIME!

WEBSLEUTHS WILL NOT ALLOW ANY MORE COMMENTS TO STAND STATING THAT SHERRI PAPINI WAS PART OF A KIDNAPPING HOAX. IF MEMBERS ACCUSE SHERRI OF A HOAX THEY WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TIMED OUT IF NOT BANNED DEPENDING ON THE SITUATION.

There are hundreds of places on the Internet for you to go discuss if you think Sherri's kidnapping was a hoax. Websleuths is not one of those places. Feel free to send me a private message and I will give you the link.

Everything has come full circle. Mainstream Media (MSM) is now reporting on what is being said on the Internet. We used to say that if MSM discussed a topic then Websleuths members could discuss a topic. Not in this case. Just because theories from the Internet are being reported by MSM does not mean we can bring theories to Websleuths which leads me to the Skinzheads post or whatever it's called.

Until it is proven that Sherri wrote this post it is off limits. Her husband said she did not write the post. Law Enforcement has not said Sherri wrote the post but they are investigating. Until we hear for sure this part of the discussion is off limits.

We need to stop and talk a look at what we are doing. Are we so insensitive and uncaring that it is now OK to bash someone who has been through hell and back just for our entertainment? Especially when there is zero evidence the victim did anything wrong?

To those of you who feel it is OK to bash Sherri I ask you; would you bash her if she knew your real name and all your friends and family knew it was you bashing her? What if you had to stand in a spotlight and have everyone watch you while you bashed someone behind your computer screen?

Please, let's have some dignity and respect for each other.

Thank you,
Tricia
Now tclya has something for you beneath this warning. Please continue to read.

Missing California Mom Found Alive After Captor Abandons Her in Restraints, Sheriff Says

"We are very ecstatic to report that Sherri Papini has been located and has been reunited with husband and family on this day of Thanksgiving," Sheriff Tom Bosenko said at a news conference today ... "

BACKSTORY:

Missing Person Sherri Papini
14956607_10208327554372096_6103506709758080591_n.j  pg

Video here from KRCR News Channel → [video]https://www.facebook.com/oswaldsk/videos/10103576746628095/[/video]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1525604334396831/

Authorities search for missing woman in Shasta County
sherri_1478153134890_4439232_ver1.0_640_360.PNG

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/breaking...-for-missing-woman-in-shasta-county/140704857

As of today, November 23, 2016, the ransom offer deadline has passed, and is now being offered as "$100,000 Reward for the Person Who Leads Us to Sherri Papini.":

UPDATE: Papini ransom money now going to anyone who turns in 'abductor'

skibaboo's Case Map

MEDIA/TIMELINES/MAPS

NOTHING has been stated to even hint that Sherri's story isn't true. Tricia's post here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-2-November-2016-8&p=12957078#post12957078

From here on out anyone who mentions the skinhead site will receive a time out.

Until it is proven there is a connection between the site and Sharri there is no need to discuss this vile place Tricia's post here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-2-November-2016-8&p=12957265#post12957265

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12

Please remember at all times to post in accordance with The Rules.

Zero tolerance for offensive, bickering, or conflict inciting posts and posts that respond to them. Zero tolerance for posts that do not comply with Websleuths victim friendly policy.

If your post is removed, please do not expect a personal explanation.

All previous Mod/Admin reminders still stand.

:tyou:

Please continue here

This is a newby question...
Does LE have any legal leverage for preventing Keith from divulging details?
Could he ever be charged for interfering with an investigation?

Maybe the coughing up blood was from her broken nose if that occurred after getting pushed out of the vehicle. JMO A broken nose always causes a lot of blood and it will get swallowed and caught in the airway.

Bringing over from last thread...

Good morning! Bringing this over from the media links thread; apologies if it has already been posted over here:
http://www.today.com/video/was-sher...rafficking-officals-probe-motive-821770307811

- PI who work(ed) with Papini family during disappearance believes SP has the "tell-tale" signs of a sex trafficking victim based on injuries and cut hair (esp the chains and branding)
- Detectives working with sketch artist comparing her case to others in different states

Sheriff said yesterday that they are still unaware of motive. If Sherri is unaware of the motive for her abduction, she certainly was not trafficked! JMO And not told by abductors what their purpose was. Bizarro.

Have to agree with cady on this. Not sure where the PI is getting his hunches from. Besides the fact that he has access to the family which could confirm one way or another via Sherri, there is this:

Bosenko wouldn't release all details about the investigation, but said detectives are still trying to determine why she was abducted. The suspects are still at large and investigators are trying to identify them, he said.
"We still do not have a motive as to the reason why Mrs. Papini was taken. We do not know if she was a specific target or if this was a random abduction," Bosenko said.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/california-mom-held-weeks-recounts-ordeal-cops-n690341
And
Investigators are still looking for a motive in the kidnapping, Bosenko said, including whether the abductors picked Papini at random or were targeting her for some reason. So far, he said, there’s no specific information that points to human trafficking or a cartel.
Investigators continue looking into her past for clues, Bosenko said. ...
In an interview with ABC News, Bosenko said the brand was a “message” and not a symbol, and may have been applied either as torture or indeed to send a message to someone.
http://www.redding.com/news/local/L...ress-conference-on-Papini-case-403839216.html

If LE has acknowledged her branding, but is also saying there is no evidence yet of human trafficking, it would seem logical to assume the branding has nothing to do with sex trafficking...wouldn't it? No known symbol (indeed, not a symbol at all), and the "message" is not, apparently, one tied to sex trafficking.

So WHY is the PI publicly theorizing about what could be personally stigmatizing info about the victim -- that her own family is not affirming and which LE is not supporting? Is there a reason why people are still theorizing about this?

Did LE say they believe her story or that they don't have any reason to not believe it?

I'm wondering if I missed something said by the sheriff.

Can anyone elaborate on lie detector tests these days? Are they 100%?

I understand Keith passed one, and I don't personally believe he had anything to do with her abduction. BUT! Could he have passed a lie detector test re: SP's abduction, if he knew the family was contacted with a ransom request? Or perhaps did the ransom request come AFTER he passed the lie detector test? I know it was within a day or two of her disappearance that he took it. At what point did the ransom negotiator come in? How many days had SP been missing?

Curious about the timing of all this.

Thank you. I couldn't figure out how to copy the link but maybe it's because I was using the app.

Omg..

World record. Lol

We just went through an entire thread in 24hours. Lol

Thread 12 started at 1:25 pm yesterday.

And we are now on a new thread.

Wooops.

Justice for the Papinis.

msskeptic wrote: "If, hypothetically, LE does not believe her account and has made that clear to them in interviews, then I think KP's actions make sense in that he seems to be defending her story more than anything."

With all due respect, this is a dubious hypothetical. He doesn't have to convince LE of anything. LE surely has the medical reports, CHP reports, etc. Keith has nothing to gain by fabricating the evidence when LE is able to verify every word. The suggestion also flies in the face of what the sheriff has stated repeatedly: that Keith is not a suspect, that his story checks out, that Sherri was abducted, beaten and branded, and that Sherri and Keith have been nothing but cooperative with the investigators. If none of that is true, then God help us. ;)

When KPs statement came out about SP's injuries, I felt absolutely terrible that I had been posting slightly snide and jokey posts inferring it was all a big hoax etc. and I made a decision that whatever I post on this site from now on, even if I have the biggest doubts or I'm convinced the victim isn't a victim (speaking hypothetically), if it suddenly is confirmed that I was wrong in my thoughts, I wouldn't regret anything I posted and that I wouldn't look like a complete jerk if someone read the thread knowing the outcome.

I just wanted to put this out there as maybe a consideration for people. There are lots of people posting doubts and theories in a very respectful way that would feel no shame if the result was different to their theories. I wonder whether maybe some people, like I should have, should take a breather and consider the ramifications of their posts before posting.

Just trying to pass on experience from having felt awful the other day. All JMO.

Everyone is different, we know that. People grieve differently and behave in odd ways when they're going through something traumatic, we're all aware of that too. With that said, 10 years ago my ex was shot and killed. It took 5 years to do a news interview and this is the first time I've brought it up on Websleuths because I don't want to recall those memories. KP is putting this incident on blast and that befuddles me. With the tragedy I went through the news was everywhere, it was a big deal, and I avoided them like the plague. I just wanted to grieve privately as did everyone else involved. Very few interviews were given by friends and family. Granted, his murderer had already been caught, but regardless, I wouldn't have been all over the place giving gory details and making LE have to work harder when they're already working hard enough with this case. If you want to talk about it and bring awareness, then do so after the people have been caught and your wife has had time to heal privately. MOO

Can anyone elaborate on lie detector tests these days? Are they 100%?

I understand Keith passed one, and I don't personally believe he had anything to do with her abduction. BUT! Could he have passed a lie detector test re: SP's abduction, if he knew the family was contacted with a ransom request? Or perhaps did the ransom request come AFTER he passed the lie detector test? I know it was within a day or two of her disappearance that he took it. At what point did the ransom negotiator come in? How many days had SP been missing?

Curious about the timing of all this.

They are not even close to 100% and frankly, it blows my mind that they continue to be used in criminal investigations or cited as proof of either innocence or guilt to the public.

Edit: I want to retract saying that I don't understand why they're used in investigations... It has been proven time and again that when faced with taking a lie detector test, criminals are more likely to opt for confession instead. That's an important tool. However, the internet provides a bevy of information on the subject and more and more people are aware (or can make themselves aware) of how to pass these tests. Sociopaths especially that feel very little (or zero) empathy or guilt are particularly skilled at faking out a lie detector. My ex husband (a highly abusive, narcissistic, cruel individual) bragged often about getting a false pass on a lie detector test related to a theft in a company he once worked for.

This is a newby question...
Does LE have any legal leverage for preventing Keith from divulging details?
Could he ever be charged for interfering with an investigation?

Nope.

A judge would have to enter a gag order for such things.

And we are not even close to this going to court. Jmo

So Keith has the freedom of speech. Especially since he is the co/victim here.

Jmo

Bringing over from last thread...

Have to agree with cady on this. Not sure where the PI is getting his hunches from. Besides the fact that he has access to the family which could confirm one way or another via Sherri, there is this:

And

If LE has acknowledged her branding, but is also saying there is "no evidence" yet of human trafficking, it would seem logical to assume the branding has nothing to do with sex trafficking...wouldn't it? No known symbol (indeed, not a symbol at all), and the "message" is not, apparently, one tied to sex trafficking.

So WHY is the PI publicly theorizing about what could be personally stigmatizing info about the victim -- that her own family is not affirming and which LE is not supporting? Is there a reason why people are still theorizing about this?

Yes. Sex trafficking is extra fascinating when compared to simple kidnapping. More lurid, if you will, and therefore draws more attention. IMO similar to our morbid obsession with serial killers. No one wants it to be true but not everyone can let go of the possibility, even when the facts suggest otherwise.

JMO

Did LE say they believe her story or that they don't have any reason to not believe it?

I'm wondering if I missed something said by the sheriff.

My apologies as the link is several threads back. So, I'll paraphrase. Yes, in his first GMA interview he was asked if there was any reason not to be to believe that Sherri was truly abducted. The Sherrif stated that no, they had absolutely no reason not to believe her story.

Long time lurker here, even before I finally registered-- so this is my very first post on Websleuths!

I've read most of these threads, but there are a lot of them, so forgive me if this has been thrown out there already--

Does KP have a jealous ex? Did he have an affair at some point? His own stalker? Yes, K & S seem very much in love, like the perfect family, but the whole case smells. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely believe that SP was abducted against her will. But so many of the details just don't add up, and the things that KP/ the sheriff describe as have been done to SP strike me as something done by a jealous woman.

Her hair was cut. Some of it was found with her phone. This seems almost like a direct message to KP. Like, from someone who knows how much he loves her "signature, long blonde hair".

The branding. According to the sheriff, it isn't a symbol, but a message. Could it be a note to KP? Something like "you hurt me, now I'll hurt you". It seems to me that she was always intended for release, as the women kept their or her faces covered the whole time.

All in all, it just comes off to me like a jealous woman specifically trying to get back at KP. Someone who knew that KP loves SP and loved her hair. Now, this could also go the other way-- a woman who was jealous of SP-- of her gorgeous hair, of her perfect marriage, of her family and nice house. Someone who knew how much SP valued her looks-- that would tie in with both the haircut and branding as well. Someone from the children's preschool? A former client? A coworker of KP? You would think that SP would recognize them if it were someone she knew, but between keeping faces covered and trauma, that may not necessarily be the case.

Either way, just some thoughts I had on possible motive. It just doesn't sound like a "random" abduction to me. I believe it was targeted and SP was the only target for these people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member