Identified! DC - Washington, WhtFem 1316UFDC, 45-60, found in her apt, Apr'06 - Name not found

JupiterAmmon

Reaction score
NAMUS link: https://identifyus.org/cases/13800

Doe Network Link: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1316ufdc.html

1316UFDC - Unidentified Female

1316UFDC_LARGE.jpg

Date of Discovery: April 18, 2006
Location of Discovery: Washington, District of Columbia
Estimated Date of Death: 2006
State of Remains: Recognizable face with partial mummification.
Cause of Death: Unknown
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Physical Description

Estimated Age: 45-60 years old
Race: White
Height: 4'9", Measured
Weight: 131 lbs., Measured
Hair Color: Gray, straight and 4 to 5 inches in length.
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown
Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Not Available
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Black sweater.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Thumbtack found in the left shoulder region in the back.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Circumstances of Discovery

The decedent was found in her apartment on Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington, DC.
Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: DC State Medical Examiner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Melinda Smith
Agency Phone Number: 202-698-9000
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: #06-00957
NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 13800
Information Source(s)

Namus
Admin Notes
Added: 11/29/16; Last Updated: 11/29/16

I find it interesting she was found in *her* apartment, and yet they do not know her ID. I don't see that often on here. I would really love to know more details on this case.

Also, I am assuming the height was 5' 7" instead of 57 inches (4' 7").

I find it interesting she was found in *her* apartment, and yet they do not know her ID. I don't see that often on here. I would really love to know more details on this case.

There's another thread I've been on that this reminded me of. Actually, I thought this could have been a duplicate of that one until I saw that it was just added to DoeNet.

The other case I was thinking of involved a guy that befriended a homeless woman and let her live in an apartment of his. Since he let her stay there as a friend, there wasn't any legal/paperwork stuff done. She died a while later and since she didn't have any ID's or anything like that, she was then a UID. Who died in "her" apartment, in a way.

Unless she paid her rent in cash it would seem that the landlord to the apartment would have some idea of her identity - right?

I have relatives in DC. Rent is very high in DC. Currently a 1 bedroom studio apartment goes for $1,200 at the minimum. I realize it's been 10 years....

Hmmm...I have a vivid imagination and some wild thoughts......could she have been a "kept" woman of a politician with rent paid through an offshore shell corporation? Lack of anything in the apartment that would identify her is so very, very weird....

Why no dental?

Did "they" figure that she was the person on the lease -- then figure out she wasn't?

Spy?

:escape:

ETA: read the reports & thought about the dental info.

Why no dental?

Did "they" figure that she was the person on the lease -- then figure out she wasn't?

Spy?

SPY! Great idea! Makes more sense than a 45 to 60 year old grey haired kept woman....

Also read the report and apparently she was wearing only a black sweater over only the left arm? Either that or they are just really poor at entering information on Namus. And the thumbtack....perhaps she fell on it at the point she passed away? Or was it embedded under the skin? Wish there were more details.....

I wish I had never clicked on this story----- it's going to make me crazy like the elderly fellow in England they can't identify. :banghead::banghead:

(Something ate my post, or else flung it into Cyberspace....)

This lady appears "European" to me. Also resembles "Mary Anderson" including the black sweater. This sweater is likely just coincidental, I have several, but Leroy Jethro Gibbs says there is no such thing as a coincidence, right?

Was there cyanide on that thumbtack? Does cyanide work that way?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Mary-Anderson-Oct-96&highlight=Mary+Anderson

Do you know where I can read about that case? Sounds interesting.

Huh? Why not?

Tulessa, my guess is that she'd been deceased for quite a while when discovered, but had been living with an assumed identity. Not unlike Lori Erica Kennedy Ruff.

Officials thought that notifying her family would be simple, instead they discovered that there was not such person.

Maybe someone claimed the body quickly?

A new puzzle for us, yep!

ETA: just had to fix what Spel Czech did to your name....

2006 and that's all the information ? I want more.....

No trace of this case on the DC metro police department site.

Can we at least find out which block on Connecticut? Who found her deceased? Was someone looking for her, or for her rent payment?

What are "they" not telling us? I can come up with lots of possible scenarios....

Does anyone know if police reports and/or coroner reports are obtainable under the Freedom of Information Act?

Never mind....did some research and it does not look like it....sigh.

Then I found this link: http://ocme.dc.gov/page/request-documents

I think I will try sending an email and asking if they will release the coroner report and any photos to someone willing to attempt to identify the deceased. The worst that could happen is that they say no.

Article on this from Washington Times from 2015

Her body was found in her third-floor apartment in Northwest Washington, and among the few valuables she left behind, police said, were a pair of mahogany leather boots, some cheap jewelry and $152 in cash.

Residents at her apartment complex said the woman, who was between 45 and 65 years old, developed a churlish reputation over the years. The only thing she was known more for besides her all-black ensemble and her affinity for cigarettes was her brusque demeanor.

“She was kind of an unusual lady,” one longtime resident of the Connecticut Avenue building said. “You weren’t really sure what to do (around her).”

More than six months after she was found dead of undetermined causes, no one knows her name.

Doesn't it seem that if she lived in this apartment "over the years" that there would have been some trace of her name in that apartment? Mail, personal files, bank accounts...unless of course the landlord trashed everything shortly after she was found dead. It seems like there would have been a lease at some point. I'm just so baffled...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back