Patsy, John, and the 2 Intruders

Shanny

Reaction score
I was re-reading "Perfect Murder Perfect Town" last night
and it hit me that maybe John, Patsy and 2 intruders could have been involved in JonBenet's murder.
In books, magazines and the Boulder Police have said no intruder could have wrapped JonBenet so lovingly in a blanket, the way she was wrapped in the blanket it was if someone who cared about her did it.
It made me wonder had anyone ever thought about JonBenet's the murder in this way
here is how I see it:

Two intruders enter the Ramsey's home from the Butler's Kitchen door, ( which was found open the morning of the murder)
070butlerdoor.jpg

planning to kidnap JonBenet, they head up the spiral stair case and head straight for JonBenet's room, one intruder hits JonBenet over the head knocking her unconscious, they carry JonBenet down stairs into the living room one intruder writes out the Ransom note, while the other watches over JonBenet, while intruder # 1 is writing out the Ransom note JonBenet wakes up and trys to fight intruder #2 off, fearing that someone might wake up from the noise the intruders team up and strangle and beat JonBenet to death,they flee the house and leave JonBenet to die in the middle of the living room floor.
Morning comes Patsy wakes up, finds the Ransom note left on the kitchen counter, reads the part where it says " At this time we have your daughter" Patsy screams for John and they go searching for JonBenet and stop dead when find her body in the middle of the living room floor.
Now John & Patsy have a Ransom note and JonBenet is suppose to be kidnapped but she is lying in the middle of the living room floor dead, fearing that they are going to be blamed for this, John has a plan and tells Patsy to get a blanket, Patsy runs up stairs gets a blanket and wraps JonBenet comfortably in it, they say a prayer over JonBenet's body and then to have the police think she was kidnapped John takes JonBenet down stairs into the Wine celler and hides it knowing no one will know she is there.
When told to search the house again, John heads straight for the Wine Celler where he knows JonBenet is lying, he finds her and screams for help.

Why wouldn't they say that was what happened then? That story may have been more believable that just "we went to bed and heard nothing and know nothing." I think it's more likely that a resident of the house killed her and her contrite mommy wrapped her in her blankie.

Shanny said:
In books, magazines and the Boulder Police have said no intruder could have wrapped JonBenet so lovingly in a blanket, the way she was wrapped in the blanket it was if someone who cared about her did it.
Two intruders enter the Ramsey's home from the Butler's Kitchen door, ( which was found open the morning of the murder)
070butlerdoor.jpg

planning to kidnap JonBenet.....

Now John & Patsy have a Ransom note and JonBenet is suppose to be kidnapped but she is lying in the middle of the living room floor dead, fearing that they are going to be blamed for this, John has a plan and tells Patsy to get a blanket, Patsy runs up stairs gets a blanket and wraps JonBenet comfortably in it, they say a prayer over JonBenet's body and then to have the police think she was kidnapped John takes JonBenet down stairs into the Wine celler and hides it knowing no one will know she is there.
When told to search the house again, John heads straight for the Wine Celler where he knows JonBenet is lying, he finds her and screams for help.

JBR was also found with the garrotte wrapped so tightly around her neck it was imbedded in her neck---not exactly loving. Wrapped lovingly in a blanket is also an exageration by the BPD.

No way Patsy would have the emotional stamina to discover JBR dead, and not totally flip out. Neither John of Patsy had criminal minds---they would not have anticipated that the police would think they did it.

There could have been 2.......entirely possible.

I don't recall the words ' wrapped lovingly in a blanket' being used by BDP, I thought they referred to it as 'wrapped papoose style'.

John Ramsey said in The Police Files

JR: Well I see a white blanket that's folded across her body neatly....she was laying on the blanket..the blanket was caught up around & crossed in fron of her as if someone was tucking her in.

MK: It wasn't like it was barely thrown over her ?

JR: No, it was like somebody was trying to make her feel comfortable because it was under her completly under her & brought up around her as if you would wrap a......

MK: A Papoose ?

JR: A Papoose...

Someone who care about her wrapped her in that blanket and I believe it was Patsy.
A Garrotte wrapped around JonBenet's neck in a double knot DOES NOT sound lovingly to me either, it sounds like someone who had strong hands and ALOT of anger did that to a 6 year old child
look at her autopsy picture and tell me what parent would be so angery at their child to do this..........
http://www.acandyrose.com/jonbenetneck.jpg
and I think Patsy being raged over JonBenet's bed wetting is FAR from an excuse
:rolleyes:

Maikai said:
JBR was also found with the garrotte wrapped so tightly around her neck it was imbedded in her neck---not exactly loving. Wrapped lovingly in a blanket is also an exageration by the BPD.

No way Patsy would have the emotional stamina to discover JBR dead, and not totally flip out. Neither John of Patsy had criminal minds---they would not have anticipated that the police would think they did it.

There could have been 2.......entirely possible.

Shanny said:
I was re-reading "Perfect Murder Perfect Town" last night
and it hit me that maybe John, Patsy and 2 intruders could have been involved in JonBenet's murder.
It made me wonder had anyone ever thought about JonBenet's the murder in this way
here is how I see it:

070butlerdoor.jpg

planning to kidnap JonBenet, they head up the spiral stair case and head straight for JonBenet's room, one intruder hits JonBenet over the head knocking her unconscious, they carry JonBenet down stairs into the living room one intruder writes out the Ransom note, while the other watches over JonBenet, while intruder # 1 is writing out the Ransom note JonBenet wakes up and trys to fight intruder #2 off, fearing that someone might wake up from the noise the intruders team up and strangle and beat JonBenet to death,they flee the house and leave JonBenet to die in the middle of the living room floor.
Morning comes Patsy wakes up, finds the Ransom note left on the kitchen counter, reads the part where it says " At this time we have your daughter" Patsy screams for John and they go searching for JonBenet and stop dead when find her body in the middle of the living room floor.
Interesting theory...but IMO, there are a few things that don't add up. For instance...what intruder would wait until they got in the house to practice a few times before writing and "perfecting" their overly dramatic ransom note? It wouldn't take 2 people to subdue a 6 yr old girl, and where between the trip from JBR's room to the living room floor did they stop to tie her up, make a garrot (from a paint brush in the basement/cellar) and use it on her, tie her hands and in the midst of all the action, stop to let her eat some pineapple? It would be a hell of a lot easier to just leave the house as quietly as they came in, wouldn't it?? Even more in question, what parent would find their daughter dead and the first thoughts be of defending themselves in a murder case? . That's as bad as Patsy's statement that after she saw JBR's body when JR "found" it, her first thought was something to the effect of "oh my baby's gone-I'll never come back to this house again".

Who would be thinking about leaving the house, coming back to the house or anything else other than what was happening at that very moment-she was seeing her daughter-DEAD and already she was collected enough to know what her living arrangements were going to be?? GUILTY!! GUILTY!! GUILTY!! It is nice for those of you that can be open minded about this case, but the only way I can see it is somebody that lived in that house killed Jonbenet. Because money and status is so important in our society, they chose to protect the Ramsey image rather than admit guilt. Patsy loved being Mrs. John Ramsey and even more than that, she loved being rich. Read her Christmas letters. They are more about bragging rights than the family. They speak of John and the crew of the boat he had in a competition and sailing to "victory" and looking out the window of her home and seeing the ??'s ( whatever it was she saw-I won't bother to find the exact quote.) And how Access reached the billion dollar mark and how the business started in the garage, blah blah blah!!! Most people send a card, write a few lines and call it a day. Way over done!! Everything was always too scripted and too dramatic. As with everything else, they over dramatized the staging of their daughter's death. JMHO!! One more thing I never understood...why would they not think to call their own family members before calling their friends? I guess somebody out of town couldn't be there fast enough to be the supporting cast when Patsy & John put on their performance for LE.

As I remember it - the butler door was left open by one of the Ramsey's friend who came over that morning....either way, Officer French (the first police officer on the scene) did not see it open.

TLynn said:
As I remember it - the butler door was left open by one of the Ramsey's friend who came over that morning....either way, Officer French (the first police officer on the scene) did not see it open.
Officer French?
This is the guy who searched the house and missed a dead body not 5 ft away from him. I wouldn't take anything he says as a fact.

Zman said:
Officer French?
This is the guy who searched the house and missed a dead body not 5 ft away from him. I wouldn't take anything he says as a fact.

Who's to say it was there when he looked? With all that the Ramsey's 'Don't recall', it's a wonder John actually decided on the room he found her in.

There are alot of mistakes the police made
In Perfct Murder Perfect Town
"John Fernie said that he was angry when he read that there were no foot prints in the snow. He said that is OWN foot prints were in the snow that morning because he had driven up the back way of the alley to the Ramseys just after 6 a.m. and he remembered walking along the brick sidewalk to the patio door, the he ran throught the snow covered grass around the south side of the house.
If the cops had been looking they would have found his foot prints."
Someone said the Ramsey's never used the front door, they always used the patio door, that's why I think the intruder came to the patio door which leads up the spiral stair case and straight to JonBenet's room.

Zman said:
Officer French?

Brefie said:
Who's to say it was there when he looked? With all that the Ramsey's 'Don't recall', it's a wonder John actually decided on the room he found her in.
Well why would it matter where she was? Cops are supposed to search the house. No matter where she was she should of been found. I know they didn't sneak her in during the day.

Zman said:
Well why would it matter where she was? Cops are supposed to search the house. No matter where she was she should of been found. I know they didn't sneak her in during the day.

Hey nobody wishes more than me that John hadn't found her....any slight deviation from what ACTUALLY happened may have resulted in a couple of arrests.

TLynn said:
I believe the butler door being open is a rumour and was proven not to be true.
John Fernie showed up at that door just after 6 AM (that was where he read the RN) and it was locked. He had to go to the front of the house to be let in.

I just can't imagine a murderer or even a kidnapper wrapping up the body in a blanket after sexually assaulting, garrotting, and killing. I could see tightly bundling JonBenet in the blanket to carry her downstairs but she didn't seem to have a gag in her mouth and was not really bound or no evidence anyway of being gagged and bound tightly before death. Surely a kidnapper would not have taken such chances with JonBenet being able to scream and struggle if really intending to get her out of the house alive, and if they hit her on the head to kill her first thing, why bother to write a long ransom note there at the house, why not have it ready and then get out of there. A kidnapper, if planning a blow on the head could also research and find out that head injury victims can scream even if unconscious and about to die. The stun gun theory really makes sense to me and I wish that we knew more about if one were really used.

I just read on another board that the DA is going to waste her time looking for a 'street mall Santa' as an intruder because JB mentioned she'd get 'a secret visit from Santa' on that night.
I'm a kindergarten teacher and a mother and I know that kids tell stories like that all the time. They claim to have seen the easter bunny, etc.

So that street mall Santa squeezed himself through that basement window (or maybe he came right through the chimney to be a real surprise for JonBenet, eh?), walked around in a house full of people, fed JonBenet pineapple, waited until it had passed her stomach (had all the time in the world, that guy!), molested and strangled the child, rummaged through her clothes, exchanged her red turtleneck for other clothes, carried her down to the basement together with a blanket which he, although having garrotted her in the most brutal way, then wrapped around her, went upstairs again, sat down at Patsy's kitchen table to write a very long ransom norte, without any fear of being detected ... yeah, right!

And John Ramsey must of course possess psychic qualities, because he went straight to that distant and hard to find cellar room where 'Santa' had deposited the body.

Next time the Ramseys will probably name Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer as Santa's accomplice, lol.
Incredible which absurd scenarios people will swallow hook, line and sinker, only to avoid facing the bitter truth:
Yes, in all probability JonBenet did have a 'secret visit' on that night. Not from a street Santa, but from a person from the family who had visited her secretly many nights before.
The signs of chronic sexual abuse discovered on her body strongly point in that direction.

Maikai said:

I wonder who "lovingly" molested her prior to her death? The past molestation issue has always been something that I have thought about.

Had she been bashed in the head as in the thread starters theory there would have been swelling and far more inter-cranial bleeding. IMO

Linda7NJ said:
Had she been bashed in the head as in the thread starters theory there would have been swelling and far more inter-cranial bleeding. IMO

Linda, do you know if it could be established whether the blow to JB's head came first or the garotting? This is such a crucial question, because if her head was bashed in first, this would point to a killing in anger.
Wasn't there any swelling at all and only little inter-cranial bleeding? If this was so, what does this mean? That she was already almost dead when the blow was delivered?

Most people will say that this indicates the strangulation occurred first; however, others have made a good case here for the head blow to have been first. I think it's up for grabs as the autopsy did not specify.

IMO They both occurred very close together in time. I do think strangulation came first, perhaps the body twitching & eye bulging was more than the murderer could bear to watch. ( I do think she was face down...so maybe her facial features weren't observed) Strangulation does take a long time. I think the bash to the head was to get it over with.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back