Denver Channel 4 interview with new investigator

BarnGoddess

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I really don't visit the JBR Forum much, but this was just brought to my attention. Here is a link to the story. There is video with it.

I think it ran last night and again this morning. Though someone may be interested.

http://www.kcncnews4.com/

Very interesting. Do we dare hope this guy can succeed in finding the truth when others have failed?

If you were the new investigator in charge of this case, what would you do to move it along?

I would particularly like to know what WSers would recommend as far as re-interviewing the Ramseys....

I can't read the article,when I bring up the JonBenet link.the Ch4 Denver logo is in the background,and blurs the writing.

Can someone give me the gist of what the article is about?

tipper said:
I wonder how long before attacks on his character and competence begin.

Not long! I posted a few "concerns" on the other Wsleuths...just too lazy to bring them over right now.

(CBS4) BOULDER, Colo. The man now leading the JonBenet Ramsey murder investigation said he's tracking new leads. Jim Kolar took over the case five months ago.

Nine years after Ramsey's death, the murder investigation is very much alive.

Kolar talked for the first time about his involvement in the investigation with CBS4.

He wouldn't go into details about the new leads.

Kolar did say tips still come in every week.

In Kolar's office at the Boulder County Justice Center, there is a note scrawled on a message board, "JBR Homicide."

That note may be the most telling in years after all that's been written about JonBenet Ramsey. It means the case is active and open.

"She was a young little girl," Kolar said.

Ramsey would have been 15-years-old now.

The child beauty queen was found strangled and beaten in her Boulder home early the morning of Dec. 26, 1996.

"These folders here are the letters and e-mails that have come in since July," Kolar told CBS4.

"Is there a public demand to solve this still," CBS4 asked.

"Incredible, incredible, that's why I was a little reluctant to do an interview," Kolar answered.

Kolar is new to the investigation, brining some 30-years of law enforcement experience. He said he has a fresh perspective.

"I'm going into it with an open mind and trying to look at it objectively," Kolar said. "From my perspective, some of the things that have been forwarded to us look worthwhile and should be followed up."

Since taking over five months ago, Kolar has followed up on five new leads.

"This came in the mail today, it's a cassette tape," Kolar said.

He said new tips come in every week.

"A couple weeks ago, I received a similar package that contained a handwritten letter as well as a small loom used to make oven mitts with," Kolar said.

Most of the tips point to an intruder he said. He would not say whether the Ramsey Parents are still under the umbrella of suspicion.

"Is there a point you would like to sit down and talk to John and Patsy again formally if not informally," CBS4 asked.

"Sure, and I've made that offer to provide a briefing to the family," Kolar answered.

Patsy Ramsey is fighting stage 4 cancer.

"I have not had any personal communication with them and I know they're going through a difficult time," Kolar said.

He admitted he barely followed the case as it unfolded.

"I saw sporadic news articles," Kolar said.

He said now there are nights it keeps him awake.

"There've been times I wake up three, four in the morning thinking about it and I'll get up to write some notes," Kolar said.

It consumes Kolar that the killer is still out there.

"That's why I put in extra time, take material home and read it at night," Kolar said.

Kolar runs the DNA retrieved from JonBenet's underwear through a national database every single week.

He holds out hope against all odds.

"Could be a lead that comes in tomorrow, could be something that's already there," Kolar said. "It's a heavy responsibility. I think, I hope I can do it justice."

Kolar is the chief investigator for the Boulder district attorney. He has a full slate of court cases. That's why he ends up taking the Ramsey investigation material home with him.

Kolar worked for the Boulder Police Department for 17 years.

He left the department in 1993, before JonBenet Ramsey was killed. He became the police chief in Telluride.

Kolar returned to Boulder last year.

The Ramsey family attorney, Lin Wood, told CBS4 the family has pledged their full cooperation.

John and Patsy Ramsey were last in Boulder about a year ago. They met with the district attorney and the then chief investigator to review the case.

Wood said the Ramseys hope to meet with Kolar within the next year.

Patsy's health will be taken into consideration. CBS4 was told she's doing well.

Here's the article.

"...They met with the district attorney and the then chief investigator to review the case...."

I suppose this refers to Tom Bennett?

What happened to Lou, Ollie, and his helper...John?

ellen13 said:
I would hope he would interview Burke as well.
I agree.

Interview everyone separately, point out the inconsistencies, demand answers!

Don't pussyfoot around these "fat cats" and their lawyers....

sandraladeda said:
I agree.

Interview everyone separately, point out the inconsistencies, demand answers!

Don't pussyfoot around these "fat cats" and their lawyers....
How come these 'fat cats' and 'their lawyers' are ahead in the investigation?

Here's where the investigation is, IMO:

"On December 25, my daughter, JonBenet, was brutally murdered by an intruder who came into our home while we slept,"

"The person who did this crime is an evil person beyond the imagination. He must be brought to justice and prevented from stopping the life of another young child who offers so much to the future of the world."

• JonBenet's killer may have been suffering from stress in the weeks and months preceding the crime.
  • A triggering event, such as a job crisis or crisis in a personal relationship may have caused the suspect to vent anger.
  • The killer is someone who may have previously been in the Ramsey home.
  • Since the murder, the killer may have intently read news reports dealing with the murder.
  • He (the profile consistently describes the suspect as a male) may have increased consumption of alcohol or drugs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back