1275 users online (226 members and 1049 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    (cough..)

-Nin
    If the key does not fit, it's the wrong key.

When "The Seeker" said "Some of the scariest people I know are LE and ex LE", I was suddenly reminded of two things: A psychiatrist who once laughed at me when I said I thought cops were probably trustworthy; and a nun I used to work with who once said that those who carry a gun for a living are often making up for insecurities about the size of their penis (yes, she said that). Overall, these two things make me think it makes sense that a LE person could be involved.

“You either have to be part of the solution, or you're going to be part of the problem.
    - Eldridge Cleaver
    Posts are my opinion, based in part on fact, and are not for publication.
    click for JonBenet Ramsey case images on Pinterest
    “The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.” - Mark Twain

Wow- I realize this series is not anti-LE but looking out at the big picture, I do think there needs to be more accountability. We make teachers accountable through scores on high stake tests, we hold hospitals accountable through patient gathered feedback on services. Where is the accountability for LE? I know most members of law enforcement are hard working men and women. But reporting closed and cold cases needs to happen with stats available to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Families of the victims received calls about their loved-ones being dead prior to when their bodies had been found.

-Nin

"It's so easy to hide a body" in that vast area of land..

-Nin

Episode 8 starting now & looks to be promising & exciting conclusion to Season 1!

Quote Originally Posted by observation View Post
    Wow- I realize this series is not anti-LE but looking out at the big picture, I do think there needs to be more accountability. We make teachers accountable through scores on high stake tests, we hold hospitals accountable through patient gathered feedback on services. Where is the accountability for LE? I know most members of law enforcement are hard working men and women. But reporting closed and cold cases needs to happen with stats available to everyone.

I agree. There is no doubt most are noble and honest people but like in any group of people there are some who are the black sheep. With the LE profession the problem is it is easy to get a big head on ones shoulders and to think they have all the power in the world.
    Judge, jury, and executioner.

For example take a look at the case of this officer who thought it was ok to kill his daughters boyfriend because he didnt approve of him.

http://kfor.com/2016/11/14/former-ok...apons-charges/

Just a simple example.

What bothered me about the episode was the girl in the car saying that officer beat her and dumped them. If that is true then that particular officer did more than he was owning up to and more than just threatening the girls.

Most LE are required to take psychological tests prior to employment. That's not to say though that a lot of smaller LE Offices do not do psychological testing. I spent 10+ years in LE starting out at a dispatcher my senior year of high school & worked my way up to Administrative Assistant to the Sheriff & Undersheriff of a rural Kansas LEO which at the time did NOT do psych. tests.

Wow- if they uncover another burial site I am going to pass out. Here we go...

Quote Originally Posted by ashburnkaren View Post
    Most LE are required to take psychological tests prior to employment. That's not to say though that a lot of smaller LE Offices do not do psychological testing. I spent 10+ years in LE starting out at a dispatcher my senior year of high school & worked my way up to Administrative Assistant to the Sheriff & Undersheriff of a rural Kansas LEO which at the time did NOT do psych. tests.
    My local PD has improved greatly by requiring a bachelor degree before they can join the PD. I think that has really helped because it shows committment and responsbility. Before that with only HS or GED they were getting all kinds of people but with the new rules it has developed a more professional police force. I wish all LE departments could have that requirement.

Agree. And - Hello, fellow rural Kansan! I have a lot of confidence in most of my local LEO's, but that isn't true for every community/city.

“You either have to be part of the solution, or you're going to be part of the problem.
    - Eldridge Cleaver
    “The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.” - Mark Twain

Most LE do Psychological Testing prior to employment. That's NOT to say that all do psych. tests. Some smaller departments do not. I worked in LE for 10+ years. I started out dispatching my senior year in high school in 1979 & dispatched for 3 rural area Kansas LE Offices. I worked my way up to Administrative Assistant to the Sheriff & Undersheriff of one rural LEO. None that I worked for did any psych. testing. Bigger cities psych tests.

Quote Originally Posted by kanzz View Post
    Agree. And - Hello, fellow rural Kansan! I have a lot of confidence in most of my local LEO's, but that isn't true for every community/city.
    Hello! I was born & raised in Kansas. I do not currently live in Kansas but, hope to return to live there. Planning a visit this Christmas!

Hello! I was born & raised in Kansas. I do not currently live in Kansas but, hope to return to live there. Planning a visit this Christmas!
    I actually lived there a long time ago myself. Its a small world. I love some of the small towns in southeast Kansas. Some great people there.

I'm a returnee. Have lived "away" three times. Came home for good a number of years ago.

- Eldridge Cleaver

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast