MO MO - Edward 'Eddie' Gibbons, 6, St Louis, 7 Oct 1970

felder

Reaction score
I remember when I was a child, a boy disappeared on his way home from school in St. Louis. I think his name was Eddie Gibbons. He lived not far from me. I remember everyone searching for him for days. Some time later, his body was found outside St. Louis.

I think he disappeared in the mid to late 60s, maybe as late as the early 70s.

I seem to remember hearing that Otis Toole claimed responsibility, but that there was no proof that this was true.

I would really like to find more information out about this as it had such an impact on me as a child. I have done a google search and nothing. Any other ideas?

felder said:
I remember when I was a child, a boy disappeared on his way home from school in St. Louis. I think his name was Eddie Gibbons. He lived not far from me. I remember everyone searching for him for days. Some time later, his body was found outside St. Louis.

I think he disappeared in the mid to late 60s, maybe as late as the early 70s.

I seem to remember hearing that Otis Toole claimed responsibility, but that there was no proof that this was true.

I would really like to find more information out about this as it had such an impact on me as a child. I have done a google search and nothing. Any other ideas?
Although a simple quick websearch failed to connect the name eddie to otis toole I did find a few links about toole and his oft times partner.

Here're two of the links.
http://www.carpenoctem.tv/killers/toole.html

http://www.carpenoctem.tv/killers/lucas.html

I remember the Eddie Gibbons case since I grew up in the neighborhood where he disappeared. I found this post when I was searching for information about it.

Although I don't believe his killer was prosecuted, there was a story in the St. Louis Post Dispatch (1979 or 1980) about a man who was convicted in California for a similar crime. The story linked him to the Eddie Gibbons case.

I can't find any other information and I don't have time to look up the old story. But I believe Theodore Frank was the subject of that newspaper article. The article in the LA Times (see below) refers to a case in Missouri that authorities did not pursue when Frank was convicted of another child murder.

http://articles.latimes.com/1987-01-15/news/mn-4763_1_death-penalty

I know this is an old post. If you read this and have more information, please share.

I lived on Roy Avenue across the street from Eddie Gibbons and played with him and his sisters Mary and Beth. They had a older brother Johnnie. I remember the day Eddie went missing. We were walking home from school and his sisters were mad at him so he lagged behind. That was the day he went missing and my 2 older brothers helped with the search. I heard a lot of different stories. Would like to hear more from you

I remember this case because his body was found outside Pacific. Someone sent me pictures of the newspaper clippings if anyone is interested. As far as I know no one was charged. I was told that some "questionable" men from Pacific were questioned. I would love for this case to be solved along with Angie Housman, and more missing kids. Jacob Wetterling being one of them but his case was solved and his body was recovered.

Here's an article from the time he was discovered. Poor little guy.

img.jpg

Here's another article mentioning the arrest of a local teacher for molesting a child near the location where Eddie's body was found. He was questioned by police in Eddie's death.

img2.jpg

A follow up article in the StL Post Dispatch that outlines the evidence that police felt linked Frank to the murder. It had to do with scratches left on the boy's body that were similar to scratches found on 2 of Frank's other victims.

img3.jpg

img4.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member