UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greater Than

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
do75ld.jpg

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/sites/suffolk/files/page/downloads/corriemckeague-missing-poster.pdf

Fears growing for missing RAF serviceman who vanished after night out

Concerns were growing today for the safety of a young military policeman who vanished after a night out and may have tried to walk eight miles back to his base.

[...]

Camera operators saw him getting up and walking off - but he failed to return to Honington, the headquarters of the RAF Force Protection who guard UK military installations around the world.

Despite an appeal to motorists, villagers along the serviceman’s route and a search by the Suffolk police helicopter there has been no trace of him.

Corrie is described as white, 5ft 10ins tall, medium build, with short light brown hair. He was wearing a light-pink polo shirt and white jeans when last seen.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

ADMIN NOTE: The Facebook page is now OFF LIMITS.

You may refer to Corrie's website as a source for updates from the family: www.findcorrie.co.uk

As always, LE and MSM references are preferred.

Any reference to the FB page discussion will be removed, no questions asked.

Any questions should be addressed in a private message (PM) to a moderator or an admin.

The thread is now open for posting.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Bessie
WS Administrator

This is the final CCTV image we were offered. It seemed everyone questioned as to why it has been shown and where it was. My next image shows where it is. It's at the foot of Greenwoods CCTV camera.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 42
Here's the 'eyelet'. Note the position of Greenwoods CCTV camera. And the view down towards the 'Horseshoe' on the left where Corrie ran towards.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 45
I trust Tony and Nicolas updates when they say that Corrie hasn't left on foot. I also trust them when they say that he didn't stay in the horse shoe area, leaving only the option that he hopped in the car and got a lift from SOMEONE and it's that SOMEONE who holds the key.
Now, Tony has said in his updates that all vehicles in that area have been noted and are being investigated - I just don't understand what is takin the police so long to act on it - unless they ARE acting on it as we speak and we just haven't heard about it.
TBH, the police have been dreadfully quiet and I would find that hard as a parent but we also need to remember that Nicola has a background in police work and instead of going in all guns blazing like a normal member of the public would, she has opted to work a bit smarter than that - unfortunately, after 10 weeks that decision may not have been the best one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree the police appear quiet. I don't think for one second they actually are being though. If they had any details on the vehicles or any evidence or anything suspicious about them we'd be the last to know. If they have something that leads to a suspect then until they have that suspect we won't know anything.

Is there not cctv on the roads behind the horseshoe?

I understand Looms Lane which is one route out of the horseshoe on foot only has no cctv. The connection between the horseshoe and Looms Lane is a pedestrian only area. I think the cameras in that area are not static.Therefore I think this is why the Police confirmed it is not 100% guaranteed to catch him leaving on cctv (if they were facing the other way).

I understand Looms Lane which is one route out of the horseshoe on foot only has no cctv. The connection between the horseshoe and Looms Lane is a pedestrian only area. I think the cameras in that area are not static.Therefore I think this is why the Police confirmed it is not 100% guaranteed to catch him leaving on cctv (if they were facing the other way).
This info absolutely puts no doubt in my mind that he walked out the horseshoe area. He walked round the edge of the horseshoe, out the end onto looms lane and off he went. Met his demise on route back to base and will be found eventually in water, woods, undergrowth.

Hang on, how would he get to looks lane? Is there no cctv in McDonald's? Surely he'd have been seen by greenwoods camera and cornhill to walk towards lions lane?

Hang on, how would he get to looks lane? Is there no cctv in McDonald's? Surely he'd have been seen by greenwoods camera and cornhill to walk towards lions lane?
I have no idea, maybe they weren't working or were wiped before they were even looked at. No trace of him is anywhere, I believe he will still be fully clothed, phone keys and wallet still in his pockets. There's no evidence because there really isn't any! Nothing happened but a tragic accident

I'm glad you saw through my shameful auto correct haha!

I just don't believe he could have gotten to looms lane unseen. I'm right in thinking it's the same direction as running man but you keep on straight?

Yes surly he would have been seen on corn hill just like the 3 teens.

he could have left the horseshoe to the left of him but I'm sure there is no way he could have done that without being picked up by the green woods cam. Unless he walked out the same time it picked up running man so missed him?! Or am I getting confused and running man was picked up before he entered that area?

Mainly because everything is driven by Corrie's family. When did you, or anyone else see anything instigated by Police?
I have contacted them 3 times now and even when I spoke to them asking to arrange a visit to the Poice Station with information regarding the CCTV, they just didn't want to know.
This tells a massive story.

I'll be honest with you in that I think this is (partly) down to the UK Police changing the way they conduct investigations. In recent years they have come under fire in many investigations (the latest being the Stephen Port case). I do believe the Suffolk Police are/were under resourced and combined with, for example, the social media aspect cases get now (help find FB pages etc) that they have to manage, it eats into those limited resources even more.

This isn't to excuse the Police if it does turn out they've dragged their feet needlessly. In fact, the family have explicitly praised the investigation team and only complain about the lack of resources provided to them.

Mel F said:

To get to Looms lane from the horseshoe he would have to pass the Cornhill shopping centre CCTV that we saw the many stills from in the latest footage. Also if he walked down Short Brackland we have been told there is private CCTV down there too, though it seems to have gone very quiet about this.

I agree the police appear quiet. I don't think for one second they actually are being though. If they had any details on the vehicles or any evidence or anything suspicious about them we'd be the last to know. If they have something that leads to a suspect then until they have that suspect we won't know anything.

This exactly. I also think that the pod was merely an exercise to see who would attend/lure the real suspect into a false sense of security. If they are still appealing for unidentified people they have no leads right, that is what I believe they want the perp to believe and trip themselves up, or not see them coming.

The phone I think has been tossed out of a car window or pinged with corrie on the way to Mildenhall. I don't buy the bin lorry at all

I'm glad you saw through my shameful auto correct haha!

I just don't believe he could have gotten to looms lane unseen. I'm right in thinking it's the same direction as running man but you keep on straight?

I believe so. When was the cctv first looked at? Ours at work only records on motion sensor and only for 72hrs before wiping and starting again. If this was the case there then it could be been gone before anyone even looked.

I believe so. When was the cctv first looked at? Ours at work only records on motion sensor and only for 72hrs before wiping and starting again. If this was the case there then it could be been gone before anyone even looked.

Which cctv? Greenwoods? Or McDonald's? I'm not entirely sure there even is cctv in that McDonald's that shows the outside, but cornhill did have cctv and greenwoods cam would have picked something up. Even if trying to evade cctv surely combined with cornhill it would look pretty suspicious because you can't evade cornhill

Which cctv? Greenwoods? Or McDonald's? I'm not entirely sure there even is cctv in that McDonald's that shows the outside, but cornhill did have cctv and greenwoods cam would have picked something up. Even if trying to evade cctv surely combined with cornhill it would look pretty suspicious because you can't evade cornhill

Any of the cctv...when was it first looked at? I'm guessing not on the Monday when he was reported missing, so was it the Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday before the police started looking at it?

The whole thing is bat poo crazy...I'm still sticking with accident but then theres the cctv...logically he shouldn't be able to evade it all but there's nothing logical in this whole case!

Any of the cctv...when was it first looked at? I'm guessing not on the Monday when he was reported missing, so was it the Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday before the police started looking at it?

I have no idea when, but they have all of cornhill and greenwoods as that's all the cctv footage released of Corrie and the unidentified/newly identified. I don't think there's any council cctv that's been erased. Private perhaps although tony has been vocal that short brackland was covered by private cctv so they must have that too.

The whole thing is bat poo crazy...I'm still sticking with accident but then theres the cctv...logically he shouldn't be able to evade it all but there's nothing logical in this whole case!

I agree with accident too, however I'm thinking third party and not in bse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail