Australia - Samantha Fanning, 8 mos, scalded to death, Sydney, 15 Oct 2003

aussiegran

Reaction score
18nov05

A WOMAN who fatally scalded her infant daughter in a bath has been jailed for a minimum three years and nine months.

The eight-month-old baby died from severe scalding and internal organ failure in October 2003, after she was placed in a bath so hot that her skin peeled off.

The baby's 30-year-old mother, who can be identified only as F, pleaded guilty in the New South Wales Supreme Court to the infant's manslaughter.

Sentencing her today, Justice Megan Latham said F, who had been using illicit drugs on the day of the baby's death, had displayed gross criminal negligence.

Neighbours heard the child screaming in the South Strathfield unit for up to an hour and a half on October 15, the night of the bath, Justice Latham said.

http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,17286881%255E1702,00.html
I have been crying over this for an hour .I HATE this judge :furious: 3 years and 9 months is a joke ,I hope she gets into G P in prison ,maybe there will be justice done then.I cant believe the neighbours didnt ring LE or check on the baby.

How horrible. I'm with you aussie, then isn't nearly enough time for this woman. :furious: She needs to be scalded until her skin peels off and she dies. :furious:

This is the part that really p!sses me off.

The judge said while F was remorseful, any children she had in the future could be at risk unless she abstained from drugs

If the judge feels this way, then why in the hell did he give such a light sentence. She will certainly still be within child bearing years when she's released. :banghead: :furious:

God bless this baby's soul. :angel:

But neither F nor her de facto partner, Dominico Turchino, called an ambulance for the injured child.

Instead, the court was told, F took the baby out in a pram as she tried to score drugs and prostitute herself.

This just sickens me.

Wow, what an amazingly heartless story. Cases like this seem to lend credibility to groups who offer female drug addicts tube-tying surgeries in exchange for money. While drug addicts are not known for being mature, imagine how many lives would be saved if they could just admit that they are not fit to be parents from the outset, rather then discovering it after the fact?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back