Hospital circumcises wrong baby

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=fullstoryTitle>
Hospital circumcises wrong baby

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top height=40>
Last Updated Nov 18 2005 08:50 AM CST

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=stories>
St. Boniface Hospital has suspended circumcisions of male newborns after a mix-up where the procedure was performed on the wrong baby.​

Authorities say they're investigating the incident.​
"We're concerned about any event of this nature because obviously a child was circumcised before his parents had a chance to make a decision and to give their consent and we will look into that," said Helene Vrignon, a hospital representative.​
Vrignon said the identities of two baby boys on the same ward got mixed up. The family of the boy who was incorrectly circumcised had not yet made a decision about whether to have the procedure done, she added.​
Vrignon says the hospital is working with the family and nobody working at St. Boniface has been disciplined at this point.​
Arthur Schafer, an ethics consultant for the department of pediatrics and child health at the Health Sciences Centre, says the ultimate test is how the hospital deals with the situation.​
"If the answer comes back that St. Boniface is a hotspot for serious medical errors, then we had better figure out quickly why this is happening and I'm sure the people at St. Boniface will be among the first to want to know why, so they can take corrective measures."​
New legislation in Manitoba makes it mandatory​

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

I smell a lawsuit :twocents:

especially if the baby was administered anaethesia... but I don't think they do that for circumcism

Yep, I smell a lawsuit also.

This part disturbs me.

Vrignon said the identities of two baby boys on the same ward got mixed up.

It makes you wonder if identities have been mixed up before with possibly someone taking home the wrong baby.

Or maybe I'm watching too much Lifetime: Television for Women. :doh:

NewMom2003 said:
Yep, I smell a lawsuit also.

This part disturbs me.

Vrignon said the identities of two baby boys on the same ward got mixed up.

It makes you wonder if identities have been mixed up before with possibly someone taking home the wrong baby.

Or maybe I'm watching too much Lifetime: Television for Women. :doh:
I agree Newmom (not on the too much TV part!) what if this has caused a mix up before. How would they know?

Maybe they can just sew it back on??
(snort)

what do you think they do with all that extra skin, do you think?
Biohazard medical waste?

Pook said:
Maybe they can just sew it back on??
(snort)

what do you think they do with all that extra skin, do you think?
Biohazard medical waste?

A coat maybe?

The Hospital perfmored the wrong operation on the wrong child, I hope that they don't give the wrong medication to the wrong patient or baby.

If this type of problem happened, I put money on other problems happening, unless of course it was a particular nurse.

But it makes one wonder what is going on

mysteriew said:
A coat maybe?
They use them to make high end wallets that turn into suitcases when you rub em :D

Linda7NJ said:
They use them to make high end wallets that turn into suitcases when you rub em :D

One of those expandable suitcases? :rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back