MI - Austin Singleton, 2, beaten to death, Cassopolis, 4 Nov 2004

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
Look at this cutie :(
austinsingleton.JPG
Austin Singleton

Parks sentenced to life for murdering child

Cass County, MI - A Cass County man will face the rest of his life in prison for murder and child abuse.
Twenty-seven-year-old Donald Parks was sentenced Friday to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Parks was found guilty last month for the November 2004 murder of his girlfriend's son.

The Cass County prosecutor's office says Parks became frustrated with the two-year-old boy because he was playing with some DVD's. :rolleyes:

Parks beat the boy, who later died from injuries to his head.

In court on Friday, Parks spoke about what happened for the first time.

“There's nothing I can say or do to change anything. I know my own intentions weren't what they said,” he said. “I've known the mother for a multiple years and there's nothing I can say to bring their child back expect for ‘I'm so sorry’.” :rolleyes:

http://www.wndu.com/news/112005/news_46050.php

This makes me so mad!!

Parks convicted of two-year-old son's murder

In November of last year, Donald Parks of Edwardsburg was arrested and charged with the murder of his two-year-old son. Thursday he was convicted of his son’s murder.

The crime happened in November 2004 when 27-year-old Donald Parks was babysitting two-year-old Austin Singleton at his then-girlfriend’s Cassopolis apartment.

Cass County prosecutors said Parks became frustrated with Austin because he was playing with some DVDs. As a result, prosecutors said, Parks beat him.

Austin suffered severe injuries to his head, neck and upper torso area. He died the following day.

Parks had admitted that he did hit Austin once or twice, but court testimony said Austin sustained about four massive blows.

During the trial, character witnesses testified on Parks’ behalf but Parks himself never took the stand.

The guilty verdict came after more than two hours of deliberations.

Austin’s mother, Angela Singleton, waited outside the courtroom while the jury deliberated. “I’m just hoping that my baby will finally rest in peace,” she said.

Austin’s mother said a lifetime in prison for Donald Parks can never compare to the lifetime she will spend without her child.

“It hurts me to see kids his age running and playing. It hurts me,” Angela said.

Story: http://www.wndu.com/news/102005/news_45191.php

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back