1087 users online (155 members and 932 guests)  

Websleuths News

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

John Glenn, astronaut and U.S. Senator, has died

Former astronaut and U.S. Senator John Glenn has died at 95

By Ken Haddad

Posted: 3:30 PM, December 08, 2016
    Updated: 3:44 PM, December 08, 2016

Former astronaut and U.S. Senator John Glenn has died at 95

Glenn became the first American to orbit the Earth in 1962. He served as a U.S. senator from Ohio from 1974 to 1999...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/f...has-died-at-95

Godspeed John Glenn.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Dec 8 2016, 3:43 pm ET

'The Last True National Hero': John Glenn Dead at 95

by Phil McCausland and Jon Schuppe

John Glenn, a war hero who became the first American to orbit the Earth and later served four terms in the U.S. Senate, has died in his home state of Ohio. He was 95.

Glenn's death was announced Thursday by officials at Ohio State University, where he was being treated at James Cancer Hospital. Glenn had experienced a number of health problems in recent years, including a stroke he suffered two years ago after having had heart valve replacement surgery.

"We are saddened by the loss of Sen. John Glenn, the first American to orbit Earth. A true American hero," NASA said. "Godspeed, John Glenn. Ad astra [to the stars]." ...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...ead-95-n693391

Former astronaut, U.S. Sen. John Glenn dead at 95

Seth Borenstein, Associated Press 3:41 p.m. EST December 8, 2016

John Glenn, whose 1962 flight as the first U.S. astronaut to orbit the Earth made him an all-American hero and propelled him to a long career in the U.S. Senate, died Thursday. The last survivor of the original Mercury 7 astronauts was 95.

Glenn died at the James Cancer Hospital in Columbus, Ohio, where he was hospitalized for more than a week, said Hank Wilson, communications director for the John Glenn School of Public Affairs.

John Herschel Glenn Jr. had two major career paths that often intersected: flying and politics, and he soared in both of them...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/obi...lenn/95156268/

I was watching the news report and was taken by the fact Mr Glenn lived such an interesting, amazing and full life both professionally and personally. He is an inspiration to all of us. May Mr. John Glenn Rest In Peace.

What an example for "keep on keeping on"!! At age 95, still pushing his limits. Bless you, John Glenn.

I had the rare privilege of hearing Sen. Glenn speak at NAS Pensacola soon after he returned from his trip to space at age 77. He joked that he wanted to do a space walk but NASA wouldn't let him. "They were afraid I'd wander off!"
    I had my then 6 year old son with me- and I told him "Ben, remember this day- you are seeing John Glenn."
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

Rest in peace, Mr. Glenn.