Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
Judge Orders Five-Year Prison Sentence in Baby's Death
An Olathe woman whose newborn daughter's body was found two years ago in a trash bin is sentenced to five years in prison.

In imposing the sentence Thursday, District Judge Thomas Bornholdt stuck to an agreement reached earlier when Aubrey Owen, 22, pleaded no contest to reckless second-degree murder.

Owen said she become pregnant after being "taken advantage of sexually'' at a fraternity house at Kansas State University.

She said she gave birth in October 2003 at her home in Olathe after concealing the pregnancy from her family and friends. She said she decided to dispose of the baby because she believed the girl was stillborn.

http://www.wibw.com/news/headlines/1989817.html

Owen said she become pregnant after being "taken advantage of sexually'' at a fraternity house at Kansas State University.

In my opinion, that is terrible for her, but that is still no reason to take a baby's life. The baby didn't do anything wrong.
And, the baby was born alive :(

The whole ordeal is very sad.

PrayersForMaura said:
Judge Orders Five-Year Prison Sentence in Baby's Death
An Olathe woman whose newborn daughter's body was found two years ago in a trash bin is sentenced to five years in prison.

In imposing the sentence Thursday, District Judge Thomas Bornholdt stuck to an agreement reached earlier when Aubrey Owen, 22, pleaded no contest to reckless second-degree murder.

She said she gave birth in October 2003 at her home in Olathe after concealing the pregnancy from her family and friends. She said she decided to dispose of the baby because she believed the girl was stillborn.

http://www.wibw.com/news/headlines/1989817.html
5 years????????????? why bother :banghead: she was 20---not 15 years old:banghead:

j2mirish said:
5 years????????????? why bother :banghead: she was 20---not 15 years old:banghead:

I can't believe this. I really hate plea bargaining. I just think it is a bunch of crap. She thought the baby was stillborn? Like you said...she is 20...not 15 and should have known enough about babies to know if it was breathing or not. This just makes me furious. The legal system sure didn't put much value on this little baby's life. :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26
Back