Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Dear Websleuths Members,

WITH MORE INFORMATION COMING FROM EXPERTS AND WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT SAYING SHERRI PAPINI WAS ABSOLUTELY A VICTIM AND DID NOT FAKE HER KIDNAPPING, WEBSLEUTHS IS TREATING SHERRI PAPINI AS A VICTIM OF A CRIME!

WEBSLEUTHS WILL NOT ALLOW ANY MORE COMMENTS TO STAND STATING THAT SHERRI PAPINI WAS PART OF A KIDNAPPING HOAX. IF MEMBERS ACCUSE SHERRI OF A HOAX THEY WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TIMED OUT IF NOT BANNED DEPENDING ON THE SITUATION.

There are hundreds of places on the Internet for you to go discuss if you think Sherri's kidnapping was a hoax. Websleuths is not one of those places. Feel free to send me a private message and I will give you the link.

Everything has come full circle. Mainstream Media (MSM) is now reporting on what is being said on the Internet. We used to say that if MSM discussed a topic then Websleuths members could discuss a topic. Not in this case. Just because theories from the Internet are being reported by MSM does not mean we can bring theories to Websleuths which leads me to the Skinzheads post or whatever it's called.

Until it is proven that Sherri wrote this post it is off limits. Her husband said she did not write the post. Law Enforcement has not said Sherri wrote the post but they are investigating. Until we hear for sure this part of the discussion is off limits.

We need to stop and talk a look at what we are doing. Are we so insensitive and uncaring that it is now OK to bash someone who has been through hell and back just for our entertainment? Especially when there is zero evidence the victim did anything wrong?

To those of you who feel it is OK to bash Sherri I ask you; would you bash her if she knew your real name and all your friends and family knew it was you bashing her? What if you had to stand in a spotlight and have everyone watch you while you bashed someone behind your computer screen?

Please, let's have some dignity and respect for each other.

Thank you,
Tricia
Now tclya has something for you beneath this warning. Please continue to read.

Missing California Mom Found Alive After Captor Abandons Her in Restraints, Sheriff Says

"We are very ecstatic to report that Sherri Papini has been located and has been reunited with husband and family on this day of Thanksgiving," Sheriff Tom Bosenko said at a news conference today ... "

BACKSTORY:

Missing Person Sherri Papini
14956607_10208327554372096_6103506709758080591_n.j  pg

Video here from KRCR News Channel → [video]https://www.facebook.com/oswaldsk/videos/10103576746628095/[/video]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1525604334396831/

Authorities search for missing woman in Shasta County
sherri_1478153134890_4439232_ver1.0_640_360.PNG

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/breaking...-for-missing-woman-in-shasta-county/140704857

UPDATE: Papini ransom money now going to anyone who turns in 'abductor'

skibaboo's Case Map

MEDIA/TIMELINES/MAPS

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18

Please remember at all times to post in accordance with The Rules.

Zero tolerance for offensive, bickering, or conflict inciting posts and posts that respond to them. Zero tolerance for posts that do not comply with Websleuths victim friendly policy.

If your post is removed, please do not expect a personal explanation.

All previous Mod/Admin reminders still stand.

Admin Warning

This ain't my first rodeo. ;) I've been moderating for 8 years and I recognize insinuations no matter how thinly veiled they are worded. Some of you are dangerously close to suggesting SP and/or KP were in some sort of cahoots with CG other than trusting him to help secure the release of SP from her captors. Do not go there.

Pump the brakes swiftly unless you're willing to lose your posting privileges for quite a while. Final and only warning about that. Know where to stop with your words.

Until then, if one of you guys wants to download the Official Report posted, we can let it stand but we need to redact phone #'s and any identifying info. Official names, including those of LJ reporting, can stand. But any other identifying info, including phone #'s need to be redacted. I simply don't have time to do that right now, but if one of you guys wants to take on the task, we will repost the report.

Admin Note

I know you guys will want to extend a warm Welcome to a new member and Verified Insider in Sherri's case, Lake16.

:welcome4:

I know there are several new members who joined specifically to follow this case and may not be familiar with how we treat Verified Insiders so let me explain briefly. First and foremost, respect their anonymity, just as we do with all members. An insider is permitted to post information s/he has personal knowledge of without being required to provide a link. Members are permitted to ask questions however, the the VI may not be able to or may choose not to answer every question for a variety of reasons. If they choose not to respond specifically, respect that and please don't keep asking.

We verify that the member is a true Insider in this case. However, WS does not personally vouch for the information shared by any insider. Each member is asked to give whatever weight they choose to the information provided. No arguing or disrespect will be tolerated.

If you have any questions please PM a moderator.

Bumpity bump

Lake, from following a few other cases here, I'm still surprised at the limited information given to the family by LE. I'm not saying that is the case here, but with what KP & SP know, do they believe arrests will be made? I apologize if you've already responded (I do read every post, I just don't retain as well) or if you can't answer. Really interested more in terms of SP developing some sense of security rather than what evidence LE may or may not have.

Just thinking out load...

Could Sherri have "jogged" upon a drug deal in the making/exchange or these abductors trying to toss something out and she saw it all take place?

Lake, from following a few other cases here, I'm still surprised at the limited information given to the family by LE. I'm not saying that is the case here, but with what KP & SP know, do they believe arrests will be made? I apologize if you've already responded (I do read every post, I just don't retain as well) or if you can't answer. Really interested more in terms of SP developing some sense of security rather than what evidence LE may or may not have.

In my opinion, the investigation certainly must be hampered by the limited descriptions SP has been able to provide due to the perpetrators taking steps to conceal their identity. Two hispanic females in a dark SUV isn't much to go on, unless other incidents, not necessarily abductions, happen(ed) before, during or after SP's release with matching perpetrators. If not, the prospects of an arrest seem unlikely to me.

However, since we don't know what physical evidence LE was able to obtain from SP or her bindings, clothes, etc. and we don't know if the suspects in this case match suspects in other crimes that may have been (or will be) committed, or if informants will come forward, we really have no way of knowing if there will eventually be arrests.

I know that relatives will pop up if they are in the system.
What about people who do it on their own? Like 23&me. Does that go into CODIS because you willingly submitted your DNA? I know it goes into some art of data bank.... anyone know?

I'm pretty sure that, under fourth amendment law, if someone voluntarily submits their DNA in order to clear themselves in a specific case it will (or at least should) not go into a data bank.

If not a match to the DNA from the specific case being investigated the sample provided should be destroyed so it cannot be used when investigating any other future crime. It also cannot be used in an attempt to match any existing DNA samples from unsolved crimes.

Which is how it should be IMO.

Lake16
Do you believe the anonymous donor was made up by Mr. Gamble?
Was the anonymous donor known to LE?

I learn something new every day! I was going to gently disagree with someone on the last thread who said SP had "minor" injuries. Even though they were called "non life threatening" rather than "minor" by the sheriff and didn't require a hospital stay, they sounded more than "minor" to me when KP described them. However, I like to use words precisely, so it was time to research.

After curiously googling for a definition, I'm here to say that by medical definition they were minor! I say that, not to minimize what she went through at all, but because my initial reaction to the term "minor" was that it did minimize her injuries. But technically it doesn't. Even some fractures are considered minor compared to a major injury that could be life threatening or cause permanent disability. Bruises and burns are considered minor if they are not life threatening. So even though SP looked (and felt) horrible, technically her injuries were minor (personally, I would say moderate, but it seems that would be wrong.)

It was interesting that all the sources for this information on Wikipedia were from the U.K. and Canada. No doubt their system requires a more precise definition than ours. But it seemed reasonable to me. Maybe a U.S. nurse will weigh in to set me straight...or not. :)

Thanks, Lake. There has been talk here of familial DNA testing being used, if so, I think the odds are much stronger that a connection will be made. Of course, statistics show that many victims do not come forward which could limit potential matches. I do believe SP has incredible inner strength and am optimistic that she may even begin to recall smaller details once she is able to move past the horror of her experiences.

In my opinion, the investigation certainly must be hampered by the limited descriptions SP has been able to provide due to the perpetrators taking steps to conceal their identity. Two hispanic females in a dark SUV isn't much to go on, unless other incidents, not necessarily abductions, happen(ed) before, during or after SP's release with matching perpetrators. If not, the prospects of an arrest seem unlikely to me.

However, since we don't know what physical evidence LE was able to obtain from SP or her bindings, clothes, etc. and we don't know if the suspects in this case match suspects in other crimes that may have been (or will be) committed, or if informants will come forward, we really have no way of knowing if there will eventually be arrests.

Do you know how long DNA is typically stored? Would they be able to match to DNA taken 20 years ago? Just wondering how extensive the testing is.

I'm pretty sure that, under fourth amendment law, if someone voluntarily submits their DNA in order to clear themselves in a specific case it will (or at least should) not go into a data bank.

If not a match to the DNA from the specific case being investigated the sample provided should be destroyed so it cannot be used when investigating any other future crime. It also cannot be used in an attempt to match any existing DNA samples from unsolved crimes.

Which is how it should be IMO.

I think those in the medical field are also used to seeing such horrible injuries that anything short of a gun shot to the chest would be considered minor, IMO. But I think my husband, seeing me the way KP described after 22 days, would think my injuries were pretty major, not minor (just given the emotional attachment). Not minimizing, but sometimes I think it can be rather subjective from a medical standpoint. JMO

I learn something new every day! I was going to gently disagree with someone on the last thread who said SP had "minor" injuries. Even though they were called "non life threatening" rather than "minor" by the sheriff and didn't require a hospital stay, they sounded more than "minor" to me when KP described them. However, I like to use words precisely, so it was time to research.

After curiously googling for a definition, I'm here to say that by medical definition they were minor! I say that, not to minimize what she went through at all, but because my initial reaction to the term "minor" was that it did minimize her injuries. But technically it doesn't. Even some fractures are considered minor compared to a major injury that could be life threatening or cause permanent disability. Bruises and burns are considered minor if they are not life threatening. So even though SP looked (and felt) horrible, technically her injuries were minor (personally, I would say moderate, but it seems that would be wrong.)

It was interesting that all the sources for this information on Wikipedia were from the U.K. and Canada. No doubt their system requires a more precise definition than ours. But it seemed reasonable to me. Maybe a U.S. nurse will weigh in to set me straight...or not. :)

Lake16
Do you believe the anonymous donor was made up by Mr. Gamble?
Was the anonymous donor known to LE?

I've stated before that I felt there was an anonymous donor based upon the comments of some of the family members. LJ certainly seems to believe there was one. I think the J's are good people and honest. Perhaps everyone was misled or perhaps not. I can't verify the AD's existence.

In the end it may not matter. If someone had come forward with proof of life and a ransom demand I think family member(s) would have tried everything in their power to raise additional funds beyond the $50k they had already raised, if needed, in order to obtain SP's release but obviously there are financial limits for everyone.

I've stated before that I felt there was an anonymous donor based upon the comments of some of the family members. LJ certainly seems to believe there was one. I think the J's are good people and honest. Perhaps everyone was misled or perhaps not. I can't verify the AD's existence.

In the end it may not matter. If someone had come forward with proof of life and a ransom demand I think family member(s) would have tried everything in their power to raise additional funds beyond the $50k they had already raised, if needed, in order to obtain SP's release but obviously there are financial limits for everyone.

Yes; sadly, good people can often be victimized by opportunists in times of crisis.

My gut instinct says something is way off. CG already lied about several things; his credibility is nil in my eyes.

The ability to search for familial DNA is a great investigatory tool for LE, in my opinion -- as long as the protocols are followed and don't breach constitutional guarantees.

In Sherri's case..........if DNA from one or two female suspects was found on Sherri's person and didn't match any DNA in the federal or state criminal databases, investigators would not be able to conduct a familial DNA search, however.

My understanding is that current forms of familial DNA searches work only with men. This is because techniques in common use to determine exact familial relations involve analysis of similarities on the Y chromosome. Familial DNA searches as we know them today do not identify exact relatives of a female DNA sample, or female relatives of a male DNA sample.

More info on familial DNA: http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-rights/familial-dna-searches.html

Do you know how long DNA is typically stored? Would they be able to match to DNA taken 20 years ago? Just wondering how extensive the testing is.

From: http://dnapolicyinitiative.org/resources/frequently-asked-questions/

Different countries have different rules about how long DNA profiles and samples can be kept. In some cases, DNA profiles and samples have been kept indefinitely, even from innocent people. In other cases, there are strict rules about what information can be stored. For example, in the UK and Germany, the spare DNA samples collected for quality assurance purposes must be destroyed once the DNA profile has been loaded onto the database, which prevents them being re-analysed to reveal private information and saves the costs of storing them. But in the US, DNA samples are stored indefinitely. In the UK, DNA profiles from innocent people were being stored indefinitely until the European Court of Human Rights ruled this was a breach of human rights. Now, more than a million innocent people’s DNA profiles have been removed from the UK DNA database.

I'm a little confused and hoping someone can clarify. I thought we couldn't sleuth anyone unless they've been named an official POl or suspect by LE. We are definitely sleuthing CG. Or does this rule only apply to family members?

I'm a little confused and hoping someone can clarify. I thought we couldn't sleuth anyone unless they've been named an official POl or suspect by LE. We are definitely sleuthing CG. Or does this rule only apply to family members?

Agree. Bottom line is if CG had anything to do with Sherri being abducted and brutalized....he'd be in jail. IMO he tried to help someone who disappeared from his community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail