1290 users online (212 members and 1078 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast
    The dingy in that picture probably belongs to the end house and would likely be used to get access to a boat that was anchored a bit further out.

Is the firth of Clyde deep enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The firth is quite deep about 300 metres in parts. Scotland has very deep water and lochs due to the way glaciers formed the landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by easynic150 View Post
    Is the firth of Clyde deep enough?

It has some very deep parts and some very shallow parts. The bottom is also very silty, especially in the upper part north of Arran up towards Greenock. Dredgers are always at work keeping the shipping channel clear. An object could easily be merged with the seabed.

Quote Originally Posted by Perodicticus potto View Post
    So was Margaret Cairney also Margaret Fleming's carer? Or did she and her husband live separately?
    Could Margaret Cairney have actually been Margaret Fleming? Sorry I am late to this mystery but just read first wife died in 2004. What was her maiden name?

Could Margaret Cairney have actually been Margaret Fleming? Sorry I am late to this mystery but just read first wife died in 2004. What was her maiden name?

Do we know when his first wife was born?

Quote Originally Posted by bluebird69 View Post
    Died 2004 aged 60 I believe

@ Shiresleuth ^^^^ #425.

Seems highly unlikely - but always worth thinking outside the box

ETA - having many computer probs but trying to answer SS)
    Last edited by jessie; 10-14-2017 at 01:12 PM.
    The pure and simple truth is rarely pure, and never simple - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Shiressleuth View Post
    I don't think so, I'm useless with genealogy stuff, but apparently MC was about 60 when she passed. (Thanks to bluebird for the research.)

The thing I really want to see is the will/probate of MF's father. Unfortunately they don't seem to be available to order online like in England. From what I can find you physically have to go to the records office in Edinburgh.

Did Eddie and Margaret have any children? What were the two Margarets middle names and what was Margaret Cairney's maiden name ? Do we have that info? Did the two Margaret's live with Eddie at the house before Avril moved in? How long has Avril lived there and has she been married or have any children? Sorry lots of questions but I figured someone may already have this info. Just thinking the children may have remembered something.
    Also, was Margaret Cairney interred or cremated in 2004 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Legally Bland View Post
    The thing I really want to see is the will/probate of MF's father. Unfortunately they don't seem to be available to order online like in England. From what I can find you physically have to go to the records office in Edinburgh.
    I can go and look it up, I was planning on going to Edinburgh soon anyway. Won't be for a couple of weeks though.

Has there been any photographs taken of Margaret by friends, family or carers in the last 17 years? Did she have social media presence or a phone (for emergencies perhaps).

Do the carers have social media or phones or cameras? Or video cameras? Photo albums?

So mum is called Margaret Fleming as well, I just read up thread? 3 Margarets
    altogether. It also appears Margaret was not declared missing immediately. Has that changed and is she on the official missing list for Scotland now?

Still catching up - only about 10 pages to go.
    Last edited by Shiressleuth; 10-14-2017 at 04:19 PM.

Maybe he's in a care home

Why wouldn't he want AJ caring for him?

Quote Originally Posted by jiminy View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-41542875

Interview with Margaret's carers. I don't even know where to begin in quoting the relevant parts. It's...astounding.
    The reaction and look on AJ's face when she is asked "if Margaret were watching this now, what would you say to her" is priceless . She is blank faced and speechless-a wee bit peely wally- like me after seeing the interview.

This whole thing is like a Dickensian story.

So Margaret does have a phone then? So can they or LE phone her now?
    Last edited by Shiressleuth; 10-14-2017 at 05:49 PM.

In that recent interview EC says the police took their phones. That's promising - perhaps they will check out the call registers to check their story. If Margaret did indeed call them the phone will have a record.

UK - Margaret Fleming, 36, Inverclyde, Scotland, 1999 or 2016

Do you actually think they're telling the truth about the phone calls? I bloody don't!
    Last edited by Ironside; 10-15-2017 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Legally Bland View Post
    I don't think so, I'm useless with genealogy stuff, but apparently MC was about 60 when she passed. (Thanks to bluebird for the research.)

Have you tried a search on here? https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/search-our-records

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast