1287 users online (239 members and 1048 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    HP Envy laptop, FireFox, thanks for asking!

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Can you all please tell me what you are using? Is it a PC, Laptop, phone, iPad or pad of some sort?

Thank you,

Tricia

Having problems on a macbook with El Captain 10.11.6 - can't scroll and page drops to bottom while I'm trying to read posts so I keep losing my place.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Hi Everyone.

We are taking steps to fix EVERYTHING once and for all. I'll have more info in about a week or so.

Thank you for your patience.

Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

I keep getting autosave every two or three words and a blue wheel that goes for minutes at a time. When trying to post it misses letters and sometimes words and I have to go back and fix. Is it me? It's annoying and sometimes I just give up and cancel the post. A good deal of time another poster reads my mind and posts what I was going to anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jggordo View Post
    I keep getting autosave every two or three words and a blue wheel that goes for minutes at a time. When trying to post it misses letters and sometimes words and I have to go back and fix. Is it me? It's annoying and sometimes I just give up and cancel the post. A good deal of time another poster reads my mind and posts what I was going to anyway.
    I have an ancient laptop with Win XP. I've been assuming my issues were all related to that. My work-around is to create my post in notepad and then C/P, preview post, and fix anything that needs it. Eliminates frustration for me. HTH.

“You either have to be part of the solution, or you're going to be part of the problem.
    - Eldridge Cleaver
    Posts are my opinion, based in part on fact, and are not for publication.
    click for JonBenet Ramsey case images on Pinterest
    “The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.” - Mark Twain

extremely jumpy this morning!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing View Post
    extremely jumpy this morning!!!
    and now jumping right to the two video ads in the middle of each page....

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughing View Post
    and now jumping right to the two video ads in the middle of each page....

Laughing I am very sorry you are having issues with the site.

What I need from you is the following so we can track down where the problem originates:

What type of computer you are using

The EXACT time the problem takes place.

We need to know exactly where you are at when this happens so please copy the Websleuths URL when this happens. It will enable us to see where you are at the exact moment this happens.

Finally, please click on the ads that your computer jumps to. Then copy the URL of the ad and send it to us.

If you could please do all these things then we have a very good chance of tracking down the ad that is causing the issue.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Tricia

PS. You can post the info on this thread or email it to me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Are the ads new at the bottom? I can't get through one post without the page jumping directly to the ads at the bottom. Even as I'm trying to post this I'm having trouble. Then when I click to the next page I get the pop up I'm not allowed. WS is possessed today.

It's something with the video ads....even as i'm typing this I accidentally click on them because the page jumps.

More than 5 times trying to read this thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post13118862

Ironic to have the screnn jump & read something like "avoid the hassle -- see Prague Castle!"

I clicked on it, the box turned in to the Neil Gorsuch ad instead.

Still using the HP Envy laptop & FireFox.

Amazing change this evening! Mostly Amazon ads for products I've viewed. (Gotta reconsider the cookie-clearing schedule.)

But, the cursor & screen did freeze. I looked to over to read "Don't Be Late to the Golden Gate." Yep, those 5 item travel ads.

So much better today, thanks, and the small test of travel ad probably worthwhile for the information.

Thanks, Laughing

Life may be sweet on Lombard Street, but the frozen Websleuths page is definitely not.

I will never think of San Fransisco, London, or Prague in the same way again....

Is there a way to make autosave stop interrupting my typing every few seconds? The screen is all over the place.

Hi, I am having a terrible time using WS today. This is happening for the first time ever. I have IE11. I cannot type at normal speed. I have to type very slowly and press keys several times in order to get the letters and spaces to work. The auto correct seems to be trying to constantly correct as I type.

Additionally I am also having the following issues all starting today: I cannot cut and paste into quotes. I cannot edit a post. I cannot respond to a post. If I have a box open to post a message, I cannot scroll up (normally I can do this all the way to the top if I want to refernece a post above), it keeps forcing the page back down.

Today was the first day I noticed video ads on the website. I have not had these before. Don't know if this affects the auto correct and the other issues but that is the only change I can see.

I live in France so for me the site worked perfectly fine this morning (last night late and early morning for US) It was this evening around 6pm my time (around noon for US) that the trouble began.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast