1310 users online (237 members and 1073 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MA - Georgetown Police Searching for Body in Basement

From WHDH Channel 7 Boston:

Police are back on the scene of a Georgetown house connected to a state investigation and sources tell 7News the basement is being dug up.

The FBI, State Police and the Essex County District Attorney have been at the house on Chestnut Street since last week. Sources tell 7News a search warrant was executed and investigators are looking for human remains in the basement.

The homeowner died last month and sources said he was a hoarder, making it hard to navigate inside.

Sources said the search is connected to a cold case dating back to the 1970s or even earlier.
    I wonder what cold case they are referring to!

http://whdh.com/news/sources-police-...rgetown-house/
    Last edited by KayElJay; 12-12-2016 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Added MSN link

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Haskell's former house was built in 1800, and last assessed at $217,400. Haskell purchased the conventional-style house in 1991, according to the town's online assessors database.

http://www.newburyportnews.com/news/...6f010649e.html

Maybe the search is connected to a previous resident?

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

I wonder if they are looking for missing kids he coached?

Wow. This is strange.

What prompted them to look?

Damarna is offline Verified State Coordinator for CFSI/ Insider - Parker Haluptzok
    "Pete was a great guy. We had him over for Thanksgiving," Berkland said, adding that*investigators had visited his house five years earlier and brought along K-9 units to search the property.*(Per previous linked article)

So 5 years ago there was a K9 search. Curious. Please don't let this be something horrible....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If he didn't own the house in the 70's and they came 5 years ago with dogs, They probably didn't have enough probable cause to jack hammer some innocent guy's basement floor.
    The TV news I was listening to said they were looking for human remains, were Jack Hammering the basement floor.

Looking for a link to that point

ETA : Here's one; http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/12/1...residents-fbi/

"“It’s a very small town, this is probably the most excitement we’ve had since I’ve lived here,” one woman, who has lived in Georgetwon for 37 years, said.
    It’s also disruptive, though. Berkland said she wants some answers about why local police and the FBI have been digging in Haskell’s yard and basement."
    Last edited by Steleheart; 12-13-2016 at 12:56 AM.
    Happy Day to everyone!

All New Members and Guests
    To Websleuths!

A Must Read - Websleuths (WS) Etiquette & Information . . . And Also - WS Lingo

From what I can find, his parent owned the property before him since the 1940s. Upon his parents death, he purchased the house from the estate in 1991.

I wonder if he left something with his estate stating that there was something/someone in the house. Something like a letter or, even, something as family was cleaning out the house.

Just brainstorming...depending on who they think the perpetrator is, there are some old unsolved missing child cases from Lawrence and Lynn. Trying to think of what else is local...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strange...

Quote Originally Posted by kaen View Post
    I wonder if he left something with his estate stating that there was something/someone in the house. Something like a letter or, even, something as family was cleaning out the house.
    I wondered that myself but then the info from the neighbor that LE was at the property with dogs 5 years ago searching it made me think he himself contacted LE but they couldn't do heavy searching until now.
    The reports said that he was a "hoarder", which made getting around the inside very difficult for LE. SO the house hasn't been cleaned out it seems.
    The Obit only mentioned his Sister and a life long friend as survivors.

http://obituaries.eagletribune.com/s...2016-848689202
    Happy Day to everyone!

To Websleuths!

Quote Originally Posted by Steleheart View Post
    I wondered that myself but then the info from the neighbor that LE was at the property with dogs 5 years ago searching it made me think he himself contacted LE but they couldn't do heavy searching until now.
    The reports said that he was a "hoarder", which made getting around the inside very difficult for LE. SO the house hasn't been cleaned out it seems.
    The Obit only mentioned his Sister and a life long friend as survivors.

http://obituaries.eagletribune.com/s...2016-848689202
    Just strange that there isn't any indication WHY the place is being searched.

I hope some news comes out of this. Well, actually I hope not - no news means no remains, and that would be a good thing.

I feel for the searchers - it's a grim task and all the more unpleasant, I'm sure, in dealing with a property of a hoarder.

jmo
    Last edited by Inthedetails; 12-13-2016 at 12:13 PM. Reason: forgot a word

So interesting, heard about this while visiting family in Georgetown recently, they knew the man but had no idea what was going on with the search.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostgirl6 View Post
    So interesting, heard about this while visiting family in Georgetown recently, they knew the man but had no idea what was going on with the search.
    ghostgirl6!

I am only a few miles from there - we are still baffled. I understand that investigators are back again today.
    Happy Day to everyone!

To Websleuths!

News says bones were found but not yet confirmed as human. I heard through the grapevine it may be a relative from 40 or so years ago.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast