NamUs

Charley Project

lopez_lilly.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
• Missing Since: April 15, 2009 from Polvadera, New Mexico
• Classification: Endangered Missing
• Date Of Birth: July 23, 1975
• Height and Weight: 5'4 - 5'5, 145 - 155 pounds
• Distinguishing Characteristics: Hispanic female. Brown hair, brown eyes.
• Clothing/Jewelry Description: A gray jacket, a red or pink shirt, blue jeans and gray hiking shoes.

Details of Disappearance
Lopez was last seen in Polvadera, New Mexico on April 15, 2009. She had been drinking with her boyfriend and one of his friends at her boyfriend's home on Valley Loop Road. An argument occurred, and Lopez left the residence. The two men went out to buy more beer, and her boyfriend saw her walking on the banks of a nearby ditch, talking on her cellular phone. When they returned, Lopez was gone. She has never been heard from again. Her boyfriend initially believed she'd gone to Albuquerque, New Mexico to visit her daughter, but several days later her daughter called and he realized she wasn't with her. The boyfriend became worried and searched the area, and he found one of Lopez's shoes in the ditch where she was last seen. He called the police to report her disappearance.

An extensive search covering several miles of the ditch turned up no sign of Lopez or her body. However, police did locate Lopez's other shoe, and they stated the investigation had turned in another direction. Authorities are treating Lopez's disappearance as a missing persons case rather than an accident or a crime. Her case remains unsolved.

Son’s plea to the public 7 years after mother’s disappearance

The son of a missing New Mexico woman is now pleading for the public’s help to solve the case that’s gone cold.

It’s the first time Samuel Hutton is speaking out since his biological mother disappeared seven years ago.

Hutton said he doesn’t have a clue as to what happened to his mother. That is why he’s reaching out the public. He said he hopes if someone has a tip to pass along they don’t wait another seven years before calling authorities.

Now-retired deputy Shorty Vaiza said the theory that Michael Quintana had for deputies was that perhaps Lopez fell in the ditch, was swept away and drowned. Quintana told KRQE News 13 he still believes it was an accident. He called deputies after he said he found one of Lopez’s shoes on the edge of the bank.

However, he didn’t call authorities until four days later. That was after Lopez’s older daughter called him.

Deputies drained the ditches in that area several times. Quintana also allowed deputies and State Police to search his property.

“We looked through every culvert,” Quintana said.

Vaiza said there were no signs of the missing mother of five. However, deputies said they did find Lopez’s other shoe in the back of Quintana’s Ford Bronco.

Quintana said he’s heard the rumors around town that he had something to do with Lopez’s disappearance. He told KRQE News 13 that he would never hurt the mother of his daughter.

“I still have feelings about it,” Quintana said. “It almost killed me when I lost her. It still hurts.”

Bombshell in missing mother’s case after files go missing

A mother mysteriously vanishes seven years ago leaving many in a small New Mexico city wondering if a crime was committed. Her son is now asking for help from the public. His pleas for tips are needed now more than ever after KRQE News 13 uncovered there’s something missing in this missing person’s case.

“I just don’t know where it was put,” Sheriff William Armijo said. “But I will find it. We’re determined that we will find it.”

Socorro County Sheriff William Armijo’s promise now has him tasked with finding out what happened to the missing mother of five and finding missing documents that have disappeared from her case.

“We’re going to have to start from scratch. We’re going to have to reinterview everybody and anybody involved,” Armijo said. “We’re going to have to go back out to the property and basically start this investigation all over again.”

It’s left many wondering what happened to Lilly; an accident, vanishing act or act of crime? It is a question that Lilly’s five children are still asking today.

“The idea that she’s out there, living her life selfishly trying to get away is kind of ludicrous,” Samuel Hutton said. “She’s not capable of living on her own.”

Lilly’s oldest son Samuel Hutton said his mom’s developmentally disabled – intellectually delayed to be more specific. Hutton said she also had substance abuse issues in her past.

Polvadera Woman Is Missing - April 2009

Effort To Find Missing Polvadera Woman Begins Anew - June 2009

Bumping up for Lilly.

I wonder, was it established by LE that she did make a phone call before disappearing and if so, was the recipient found and interviewed, and was their conversation significant?

I hope something turns up and they can move further on solving this.

Bombshell in missing mother's case after files go missing

More details:
1) MQ didn’t start to look for her for 4 days
2) He claims he thought she was with family in ABQ or had returned to an ex
3) However, he showed LE an indentation on the edge of the ditch and stated his theory was that she had fallen in and been carried away
4) MQ claims he has no idea how one of her shoes ended up in the bed of his truck...
5) LL was developmentally disabled, according to her son

Bombshell in missing mother's case after files go missing

More details:
1) MQ didn’t start to look for her for 4 days
2) He claims he thought she was with family in ABQ or had returned to an ex
3) However, he showed LE an indentation on the edge of the ditch and stated his theory was that she had fallen in and been carried away
4) MQ claims he has no idea how one of her shoes ended up in the bed of his truck...
5) LL was developmentally disabled, according to her son

If she was the victim of a crime, which IMO is very possible, I hope she will be located despite the years missing. I hope that she will then receive justice.

My family lives in New Mexico.

Take a look at the map, click on Layers to see the terrain:

Unfortunately, the perp had many, many uninhabited square miles to dispose of a body.

Not my favorite source, but Socorro County is the second largest county in vast New Mexico and has an extremely low population density -- 2 1/2 people per square mile:

How wide open is the territory here? The Very Large Array space telescope is in Socorro County:

and well worth the drive imho!

jmho ymmv lrr

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken