592 users online (54 members and 538 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LietKynes View Post
    As much as I think he deserves the DP... maybe life without parole would be better. Unless the DP was carried out within months and no appeals. He's confessed, and if there was ever a viable candidate for this punishment.....
    But no. It would take 40 years or more.. and endless appeals to endure for the families.

I hope every day of Dylann's life in prison is filled with fear and pain ; and always looking over his shoulder --never able to rest.
    Prison should be a punishment and not a retreat.

Those people welcomed him and gave him no reason to want to hurt them; and they've been more gracious than I could ever be.
    D.R. is the epitome of evil.
    This is why I've changed my opinion on the DP. I am uncomfortable with it for the most part, but in certain cases (surely in this case) I feel like the defendant deserves it. But then, after all that, they never get executed (like Scott Peterson) and it makes me angry. Don't give them a death sentence if they're going to live longer lives than some average everyday upstanding citizens get to.

Rest In Peace
    Caylee Marie Anthony

iMO This is just dumb

Jury convicts Charleston, SC, church shooter Dylann Roof on all 33 counts in federal death penalty trial - Post and Courier

end of alert

He said he did it 38 hours in -- its just stupid imo!!

Blazing headlines "Roof Found Guilty" he told the planet he did it

I am lost here

Its the same kinda thing when stuff is on video. I shot you, your dead. Its on tape. We do not need a 4.5 million dollar trial.

We need to IMO catch up with technology.

Any of us surprised he is guilty he said he did it - where are all these amazing headlines coming from

its stupid IMO

What a waste of money

then all the death penality nonsense comes in -it takes 14.5 million dollars, and two decades, to do it.

A bunch of nonsense IMO .

Daily we hear of wrongly sentenced to be killed - just do life in prison, spend some money on things, as a society we need.

moo

Last edited by CARIIS; 12-15-2016 at 06:34 PM.

The real killers are out there right now, laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    If I heard correctly roof will be allowed to question/ talk to them. jmo

I do not understand WHY DR would get to ask questions of people giving impact statements?! I do not ever remember people that give impact statements being questioned before.

After questions, He probably is going to talk and justify his beliefs and the murders....how far can he go with pushing his ideology to the court room?

And the jury gets to hear these questions?! This 'talk'?! I think DR should be answering questions that the relatives want answered...not giving him that privilege to ask questions. He should not beable to 'talk' at all.

Any lawyer here please explain just what DR will beable to do and not do in this next phase.

Elle Mae...these questions are not directed at you, you just are passing on what you have heard or read, I understand....we just have some crazy laws that help the bad guy or crook...the innocent suffer. The relatives are in such pain and are acting with such dignity and grace....bless them....

Quote Originally Posted by cece5300 View Post
    This is why I've changed my opinion on the DP. I am uncomfortable with it for the most part, but in certain cases (surely in this case) I feel like the defendant deserves it. But then, after all that, they never get executed (like Scott Peterson) and it makes me angry. Don't give them a death sentence if they're going to live longer lives than some average everyday upstanding citizens get to.
    Exactly - sentence life in prison, that way there is no risk of , decades later to find out DNA says the person society killed was not right .

IBe done with it - jeezzzzzzzzz he said he killed them, but the system still needs to do all this nonsense -just makes no sense to me at all!!

Its like the same stuff with the cops killing Aa. It is on tape, yeh he shot the person 9 times in the back, while running away, over a tailight, but we spend 14 million dollars on this nonsense

moo

Quote Originally Posted by MsJosie View Post
    I do not understand WHY DR would get to ask questions of people giving impact statements?! I do not ever remember people that give impact statements being questioned before.

After questions, He probably is going to talk and justify his beliefs and the murders....how far can he go with pushing his ideology to the court room?

And the jury gets to hear these questions?! This 'talk'?! I think DR should be answering questions that the relatives want answered...not giving him that privilege to ask questions. He should not beable to 'talk' at all.

Any lawyer here please explain just what DR will beable to do and not do in this next phase.

Elle Mae...these questions are not directed at you, you just are passing on what you have heard or read, I understand....we just have some crazy laws that help the bad guy or crook...the innocent suffer. The relatives are in such pain and are acting with such dignity and grace....bless them....
    He did that already.

THANK YOU to YesOrNo for providing such amazing coverage of this trial. Your well-organized updates were how I was able to not only keep up with the trial but also to actually feel like I had an understanding of the day-to-day events in the courtroom (which was something I found missing in most news articles). Thanks again, really appreciate all your hard work and effort!

What’s next, what has happened during Dylann Roof trial

"...ANOTHER TRIAL NEXT YEAR

Roof faces a second death-penalty trial early next year in state court, where he faces nine counts of murder. A state judge is ordering 600 prospective jurors to report to the Charleston County Courthouse on Jan. 17 for initial screening. His order says the trial will begin on or after Jan. 30. It’s not clear when the federal case will wrap up. For now, Roof has attorneys representing him in the state case."

http://krqe.com/ap/whats-next-what-h...nn-roof-trial/
    ----------------------

Travis Alexander (1977-2008)

Teghan Alyssa Skiba (RIP sweet baby)
    -------------------------
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Let us be kind to one another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle. - Ian MacLaren

The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it - Flannery O'connor

Quote Originally Posted by starviego View Post
    Dylann Roof is without question, the real killer. To suggest otherwise is highly disrespectful to the victims and their suffering families.

Quote Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post
    iMO This is just dumb

Jury convicts Charleston, SC, church shooter Dylann Roof on all 33 counts in federal death penalty trial - Post and Courier

end of alert

He said he did it 38 hours in -- its just stupid imo!!

Blazing headlines "Roof Found Guilty" he told the planet he did it

I am lost here

Its the same kinda thing when stuff is on video. I shot you, your dead. Its on tape. We do not need a 4.5 million dollar trial.

We need to IMO catch up with technology.

Any of us surprised he is guilty he said he did it - where are all these amazing headlines coming from

its stupid IMO

What a waste of money

then all the death penality nonsense comes in -it takes 14.5 million dollars, and two decades, to do it.

A bunch of nonsense IMO .

Daily we hear of wrongly sentenced to be killed - just do life in prison, spend some money on things, as a society we need.

moo

All I can say to you, for all your chagrin about our court system: :
    ----------------------

Let us be kind to one another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle. - Ian MacLaren

The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it - Flannery O'connor

Quote Originally Posted by starviego View Post
    And as for you
    ----------------------

I'm saying this again:

Link: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...fGLkAs62TzWvYA

Everyone on WS has a right to their own opinion; whether you think it is right or wrong is irrelevant. What's the drill- scroll and roll- if you don't like/don't agree with someone's statements. Do not disrespect that person by calling names- please.

(And remember- just because you think you are right, doesn't mean you are right.)

----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MsMtOlympus View Post
    Dylann Roof is without question, the real killer. To suggest otherwise is highly disrespectful to the victims and their suffering families.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by MsMtOlympus View Post
    thank you! and worthy of a repeat: "To suggest otherwise is highly disrespectful to the victims and their suffering families"

Bless you for caring about justice for these families.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Quote Originally Posted by LietKynes View Post
    As much as I think he deserves the DP... maybe life without parole would be better. Unless the DP was carried out within months and no appeals. He's confessed, and if there was ever a viable candidate for this punishment.....
    But no. It would take 40 years or more.. and endless appeals to endure for the families.

I hope every day of Dylann's life in prison is filled with fear and pain ; and always looking over his shoulder --never able to rest.
    Prison should be a punishment and not a retreat.

Those people welcomed him and gave him no reason to want to hurt them; and they've been more gracious than I could ever be.
    D.R. is the epitome of evil.
    Seems to me that life in prison with no possibility of getting out is the worst punishment. Death penalty allows unlimited appeals at our expense (if I remember correctly) and wastes taxpayer money. Life gives one appeal (I think) and after that it is the prisoner's money that would pay for any appeals. Also, Life gives them more time to think about what they have done (if they ever find a conscience) and to have to put up with the prison system and possible encounters with other prisoners. No frills, just a plain old cell with a toilet and hard bed should do fine........

However, I must add that if ever anyone was deserving of a death penalty, this case is the one.
    Last edited by Spellbound; 12-15-2016 at 08:25 PM.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast