1217 users online (228 members and 989 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 59 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 882
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    30

    Gilbert Attorney: Escort's Affidavit Implicates James Burke in GB Murders

    Heads up everyone, news 12 (Long Island) just promo'ed they will have an interview today with a prostitute who signed a sworn statement testifying Burke had extremely rough sex with her multiple times in the Oak Beach area.

    Here's a local news link in the meantime:
    https://www.pix11.com/2016/12/15/law...h-murders/amp/


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,278
    Khofman, thanks. I'm turning on News12 now.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,592
    May he die the death of a thousand cuts. Someone should run down the rumor he broke a hooker's arm in Brooklyn. But certain folks in the SCPD wouldn't like that. Shame on you Newsday because you had the story how they intimitaded you into not writing it and you folded like a cheap tent.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Raleigh
    Posts
    754
    Since I no longer live on Long Island, I cannot see the News 12 videos. Does anyone know if there is a way to view said video after it is released?
    When you see a cloud with no silver lining, paint your own.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    30

    Federal Indictment: James Burke, Former Suffolk Co PD Chief, December 2015

    Quote Originally Posted by relay View Post
    Since I no longer live on Long Island, I cannot see the News 12 videos. Does anyone know if there is a way to view said video after it is released?
    I had to head to work so will be monitoring the news12 app. I will share link once I find it. Hopefully the subscription paywall doesn't come up if out of area. Certainly will keep everyone updated. The segment I seen was around 7am but unfortunately they didn't provide a definitive time. Just said "this afternoon"

    Looks like the segment I seen is live on site now:
    http://longisland.news12.com/news/es...ase-1.12760540



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by khofman; 12-15-2016 at 10:09 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Raleigh
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by khofman View Post
    I had to head to work so will be monitoring the news12 app. I will share link once I find it. Hopefully the subscription paywall doesn't come up if out of area. Certainly will keep everyone updated. The segment I seen was around 7am but unfortunately they didn't provide a definitive time. Just said "this afternoon"

    Looks like the segment I seen is live on site now:
    http://longisland.news12.com/news/es...ase-1.12760540



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It will not let me on unless I have an account with them, which I and likely many others reading here do not. If there is a way for us to legally watch this video without having to have an account, please someone, let us know. Thanks!
    When you see a cloud with no silver lining, paint your own.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by relay View Post
    It will not let me on unless I have an account with them, which I and likely many others reading here do not. If there is a way for us to legally watch this video without having to have an account, please someone, let us know. Thanks!
    It's really just a promo announcing the interview this afternoon with escort tying Burke to Oak Beach & his penchant for extreme rough sex.

    I will keep you posted if I find a definitive time & alternate source for the interview.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    88
    I understand the importance of this. But I am very nervous on the intent. Why contact media before this women makes a statement to the police? I just don't get it. It makes me think it is more for media then true investigation. It is just my opinion. I truly hope that it is an important break in this case and not something that had to be blasted through the media for attention. We will see. I will be watching news 12. Not sure what time it is going to be release. But seeing we have not been contacted by SCPD. I am not sure if this lead is creditable. I do hope and pray it is.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by meltruth View Post
    I understand the importance of this. But I am very nervous on the intent. Why contact media before this women makes a statement to the police? I just don't get it. It makes me think it is more for media then true investigation. It is just my opinion. I truly hope that it is an important break in this case and not something that had to be blasted through the media for attention. We will see. I will be watching news 12. Not sure what time it is going to be release. But seeing we have not been contacted by SCPD. I am not sure if this lead is creditable. I do hope and pray it is.
    Well the Gilbert family attorney John Ray is facilitating interview & we all know he never misses a moment to grab media attention.

    This man even turned Shannan's burial into a gratuitous press conference imho


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    N.C.
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by meltruth View Post
    I understand the importance of this. But I am very nervous on the intent. Why contact media before this women makes a statement to the police? I just don't get it. It makes me think it is more for media then true investigation. It is just my opinion. I truly hope that it is an important break in this case and not something that had to be blasted through the media for attention. We will see. I will be watching news 12. Not sure what time it is going to be release. But seeing we have not been contacted by SCPD. I am not sure if this lead is creditable. I do hope and pray it is.
    I'm afraid you may be right and this is merely a publicity stunt. Hopefully I am wrong but being it's coming from John Ray I have to think it's simply theatrics.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    88
    I am pretty sure it is.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,298
    Mel......I am wondering what your thoughts are about Bittrolff.

    I was so curious when they LE said they had contacted family .....re: his arrest....it seemed strange....that you guys were contacted to say it had no relevance. ....

    yet a month earlier ....chinelle Brown... body parts...Bay Shore...???...
    Before we found out Leah was responsible...

    Did LE contact you then?....

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,298
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkshaw View Post
    May he die the death of a thousand cuts. Someone should run down the rumor he broke a hooker's arm in Brooklyn. But certain folks in the SCPD wouldn't like that. Shame on you Newsday because you had the story how they intimitaded you into not writing it and you folded like a cheap tent.
    This should be interesting.....

    Hawk.... you got anything connecting him to Brooklyn?.....Union Square or Queens in the late 1990s..

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,298
    Is there some sort of unwritten rule....culture...of gang mentality or hood thinking in "respect"...folk law..whatever......that dismembering a victim sends a message?

    The theory of a Torso killer...applied to this case by Peter in TKS..is interesting.

    But in the reality of day to day.....Im wondering if the dismemberment is more a cultural norm of extreme gang retaliation........ anyone Know??

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,005
    The escort that is expected to speak, says she can connect Burke to Hackett. Per News12 update just now.

Page 1 of 59 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Civil Suit
    By Jennerbear in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-06-2011, 02:37 PM
  2. The Burke Affidavit - What does it really mean?
    By K777angel in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 08:57 PM