1159 users online (178 members and 981 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 54 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 808
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    36,235

    CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #21

    Dear Websleuths Members,

    WITH MORE INFORMATION COMING FROM EXPERTS AND WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT SAYING SHERRI PAPINI WAS ABSOLUTELY A VICTIM AND DID NOT FAKE HER KIDNAPPING, WEBSLEUTHS IS TREATING SHERRI PAPINI AS A VICTIM OF A CRIME!

    WEBSLEUTHS WILL NOT ALLOW ANY MORE COMMENTS TO STAND STATING THAT SHERRI PAPINI WAS PART OF A KIDNAPPING HOAX. IF MEMBERS ACCUSE SHERRI OF A HOAX THEY WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TIMED OUT IF NOT BANNED DEPENDING ON THE SITUATION.

    There are hundreds of places on the Internet for you to go discuss if you think Sherri's kidnapping was a hoax. Websleuths is not one of those places. Feel free to send me a private message and I will give you the link.

    Everything has come full circle. Mainstream Media (MSM) is now reporting on what is being said on the Internet. We used to say that if MSM discussed a topic then Websleuths members could discuss a topic. Not in this case. Just because theories from the Internet are being reported by MSM does not mean we can bring theories to Websleuths which leads me to the Skinzheads post or whatever it's called.

    Until it is proven that Sherri wrote this post it is off limits. Her husband said she did not write the post. Law Enforcement has not said Sherri wrote the post but they are investigating. Until we hear for sure this part of the discussion is off limits.

    We need to stop and talk a look at what we are doing. Are we so insensitive and uncaring that it is now OK to bash someone who has been through hell and back just for our entertainment? Especially when there is zero evidence the victim did anything wrong?

    To those of you who feel it is OK to bash Sherri I ask you; would you bash her if she knew your real name and all your friends and family knew it was you bashing her? What if you had to stand in a spotlight and have everyone watch you while you bashed someone behind your computer screen?

    Please, let's have some dignity and respect for each other.

    Thank you,
    Tricia
    Now tclya has something for you beneath this warning. Please continue to read.


    Missing California Mom Found Alive After Captor Abandons Her in Restraints, Sheriff Says


    "We are very ecstatic to report that Sherri Papini has been located and has been reunited with husband and family on this day of Thanksgiving," Sheriff Tom Bosenko said at a news conference today ... "


    BACKSTORY:

    Missing Person Sherri Papini


    Video here from KRCR News Channel → https://www.facebook.com/oswaldsk/vi...3576746628095/

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1525604334396831/

    Authorities search for missing woman in Shasta County



    http://www.krcrtv.com/news/breaking-...unty/140704857


    UPDATE: Papini ransom money now going to anyone who turns in 'abductor'

    skibaboo's Case Map

    MEDIA/TIMELINES/MAPS

    Thread #1
    Thread #2

    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7
    Thread #8
    Thread #9
    Thread #10
    Thread #11
    Thread #12
    Thread #13
    Thread #14
    Thread #15
    Thread #16
    Thread #17
    Thread #18
    Thread #19
    Thread #20
    Last edited by Tricia; 10-29-2017 at 02:40 PM.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

    Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

    mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    36,235
    Please remember at all times to post in accordance with The Rules.

    Zero tolerance for offensive, bickering, or conflict inciting posts and posts that respond to them. Zero tolerance for posts that do not comply with Websleuths victim friendly policy.

    If your post is removed, please do not expect a personal explanation.

    All previous Mod/Admin reminders still stand.

    Websleuths now on Facebook

    Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

    mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    the Plains & Jordan-Hare stadium
    Posts
    17,905
    Admin Warning

    This ain't my first rodeo. I've been moderating for 8 years and I recognize insinuations no matter how thinly veiled they are worded. Some of you are dangerously close to suggesting SP and/or KP were in some sort of cahoots with CG other than trusting him to help secure the release of SP from her captors. Do not go there.

    Pump the brakes swiftly unless you're willing to lose your posting privileges for quite a while. Final and only warning about that. Know where to stop with your words.


    Until then, if one of you guys wants to download the Official Report posted, we can let it stand but we need to redact phone #'s and any identifying info. Official names, including those of LJ reporting, can stand. But any other identifying info, including phone #'s need to be redacted. I simply don't have time to do that right now, but if one of you guys wants to take on the task, we will repost the report.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    the Plains & Jordan-Hare stadium
    Posts
    17,905
    Admin Note

    I know you guys will want to extend a warm Welcome to a new member and Verified Insider in Sherri's case, Lake16.



    I know there are several new members who joined specifically to follow this case and may not be familiar with how we treat Verified Insiders so let me explain briefly. First and foremost, respect their anonymity, just as we do with all members. An insider is permitted to post information s/he has personal knowledge of without being required to provide a link. Members are permitted to ask questions however, the the VI may not be able to or may choose not to answer every question for a variety of reasons. If they choose not to respond specifically, respect that and please don't keep asking.

    We verify that the member is a true Insider in this case. However, WS does not personally vouch for the information shared by any insider. Each member is asked to give whatever weight they choose to the information provided. No arguing or disrespect will be tolerated.

    If you have any questions please PM a moderator.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,332
    In response to a comment on the previous thread, I didn't interpret anyone here as implying that the descriptions provided by SP and released by LE will make it harder to identify suspects.

    I understood the comments to be more as lamenting that it's just too bad that the descriptions are limited to physical features which can be quickly and dramatically altered -- unlike age range, height, body type/weight, eye/nose shape, etc -- which makes the descriptions less useful. JMO.
    My opinions only, with respect to all those whose opinions differ

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,166
    Quote Originally Posted by yllek View Post
    In response to a comment on the previous thread, I didn't interpret anyone here as implying that the descriptions provided by SP and released by LE will make it harder to identify suspects.

    I understood the comments more as lamenting that it's just too bad that the descriptions are limited to physical features which can be quickly and dramatically altered -- unlike age range, height, body type/weight, eye/nose shape, etc -- which makes the descriptions less useful. JMO.
    Could anyone be found on those appearance details alone, even if unaltered?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,332
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Could anyone be found on those appearance details alone, even if unaltered?
    No.
    My opinions only, with respect to all those whose opinions differ

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    49
    Here are two facts. Logically, one of them must be true and the other must be false. But each has a problem.

    Fact 1: Keith Papini was not aware, prior to its delivery, of the AD’s reverse ransom letter that was given to television station KRCR on November 6.

    Problem: It’s unethical to take this action without the knowledge and blessing of Sherri Papini’s loved ones and of law enforcement. At a minimum, the effort should have been coordinated with the deployment of the GoFundMe funds, and of the $50,000 in reward money that had been raised in the first two days. More importantly, the reverse ransom offer carried significant risks to Sherri’s survival. For every delivered ransom that frees a kidnap victim, there’s another that triggers the slaying of the victim. That risk should not have been incurred behind the back of Sherri's husband.

    Fact 2: Keith Papini was aware, prior to its delivery, of the AD’s reverse ransom letter that was given to television station KRCR on November 6.

    Problem: This means that the timeline Lisa Jeter gave to the Record Searchlight is wrong. There she said that the existence of the AD was not brought to Keith’s attention until November 8 and that Keith did not give his OK to the reverse ransom plan until nearly a week later, November 14 at the earliest.

    Which one of these facts do you think is true, and how do you get around the problem it raises?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,508
    Similarities to another case where indictments were handed down today - hopefully SP thought to leave a little something behind for LE...
    http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...00065ac85.html

    "Court documents said that they released the victim Nov. 23 after collecting a $27,000 ransom from his parents, and that during some of their calls to his mother in Florida she could hear him screaming in the background.

    The woman told authorities she had heard Beckman saying that if she did not pay, “She would never see her son come Thanksgiving.” (BEM)

    Hmmm "Pay or your kids won't see their mother by Thanksgiving"?

    Jmo

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by daninillinois View Post
    Here are two facts. Logically, one of them must be true and the other must be false. But each has a problem.

    Fact 1: Keith Papini was not aware, prior to its delivery, of the AD’s reverse ransom letter that was given to television station KRCR on November 6.

    Problem: It’s unethical to take this action without the knowledge and blessing of Sherri Papini’s loved ones and of law enforcement. At a minimum, the effort should have been coordinated with the deployment of the GoFundMe funds, and of the $50,000 in reward money that had been raised in the first two days. More importantly, the reverse ransom offer carried significant risks to Sherri’s survival. For every delivered ransom that frees a kidnap victim, there’s another that triggers the slaying of the victim. That risk should not have been incurred behind the back of Sherri's husband.

    Fact 2: Keith Papini was aware, prior to its delivery, of the AD’s reverse ransom letter that was given to television station KRCR on November 6.

    Problem: This means that the timeline Lisa Jeter gave to the Record Searchlight is wrong. There she said that the existence of the AD was not brought to Keith’s attention until November 8 and that Keith did not give his OK to the reverse ransom plan until nearly a week later, November 14 at the earliest.

    Which one of these facts do you think is true, and how do you get around the problem it raises?
    Excellent post! Thank you so much for pointing this out; it's nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks along these lines.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,166
    A 40-minute standstill. Will tomorrow bring news?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
    Similarities to another case where indictments were handed down today - hopefully SP thought to leave a little something behind for LE...
    http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...00065ac85.html

    "Court documents said that they released the victim Nov. 23 after collecting a $27,000 ransom from his parents, and that during some of their calls to his mother in Florida she could hear him screaming in the background.

    The woman told authorities she had heard Beckman saying that if she did not pay, “She would never see her son come Thanksgiving.” (BEM)

    Hmmm "Pay or your kids won't see their mother by Thanksgiving"?

    Jmo
    This story has drug dealing written all over it. The guy probably had his goons grab this guy who owed him money, rough him up and do whatever they had to make the guy pay up. Goons took it a little to far.

    There's more too, the charging documents are from a DEA agent. But the strongest indication this man is a drug dealer is the fact that in 2016 he's driving around in a yellow Hummer. Case closed!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Dark Side
    Posts
    7,491
    What still bugs me the most is that she was released on Thanksgiving. And, that she was did not spend the night in the hospital after she was found.

    "One man's logic is another man's crazy" - Rossi (Criminal Minds)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Dark Side
    Posts
    7,491
    Question - If she was a stay home mom, why were the kids in daycare?
    "One man's logic is another man's crazy" - Rossi (Criminal Minds)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleElle View Post
    What still bugs me the most is that she was released on Thanksgiving. And, that she was did not spend the night in the hospital after she was found.

    The not being kept overnight doesn't bother me. A local teen (has autism) was jumped by two teens and beaten horribly -- broken jaw, broken ribs, concussion. Horrific injuries but not life threatening so he wasn't admitted overnight. His vitals were stable and it was thought that being at home where he was more comfortable would aid his recovery.

    In addition, my mother was very frail, on oxygen, had osteoporosis, COPD and congestive heart failure resulting in several ER visits. Unless her condition required monitoring, she wasn't admitted. SP was obviously healthier but oftentimes the hospital was considered the worst place for a fragile person (susceptible to infection, etc).

Page 1 of 54 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #15
    By tlcya in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1060
    Last Post: 12-05-2016, 04:10 PM
  2. Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #14
    By tlcya in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 872
    Last Post: 12-03-2016, 09:20 PM
  3. Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7
    By sillybilly in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 956
    Last Post: 11-23-2016, 07:38 PM
  4. Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3
    By tlcya in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1267
    Last Post: 11-15-2016, 10:17 AM
  5. Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #2
    By sillybilly in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1027
    Last Post: 11-12-2016, 01:21 PM

Tags for this Thread