Devon, Devon, Devon

Goody

Reaction score
Everytime I hear Darin repeat these words he claims Darlie was screaming when she woke him up, it gives me chills. Something about it doesn't fit yet it does.
It occurred to me that maybe he was telling the truth about this, that he awoke hearing her scream Devon's name, that he charged downstairs to find the bloody carnage....but before Damon or Darlie were injured. What would that mean exactly?

That he took the sock down the alley? That he participated or was privvy to the murder of Damon? That Devon died anywhere from 40 minutes or longer before they claim he did? That they then had time to discuss what to do, plan the cover up, and put their hurried plan into action?

Or does it mean something else?

Why would Darlie be hollering Devon's name so exclusively when it was Damon who was right in front of her wounded just as seriously? It just doesn't make sense for her to holler only Devon's name. Has this struck anyone else as being odd?

Yeah I'm with you, it fits but yet it doesn't. I think Darin did hear the Devon, Devon, Devon, but the way he says it is not anywhere near the way I would hear Darlie saying it. He just says it too fast. You can't be dramatic and say it that fast. And yes, she saw Damon first so why not call Damon's name. And another thing, Darlie said she saw Devon when she came back into the kitchen/living room so I'm assuming this is when she screamed the Devon, Devon, Devon. But if Darin couldn't immediately tell what happened to Devon (thought the table had turned over on him, etc.) then how could Darlie who apparently never even went over to Devon (ya'll correct me if I'm wrong on that). Didn't she supposidely get right on the phone to 911?

Yeah, it fits but doesn't. Darin pulled the Devon, Devon, Devon from some part of all that went one and then tried to make it fit.

justice2 said:
Yeah I'm with you, it fits but yet it doesn't. I think Darin did hear the Devon, Devon, Devon, but the way he says it is not anywhere near the way I would hear Darlie saying it. He just says it too fast. You can't be dramatic and say it that fast. And yes, she saw Damon first so why not call Damon's name. And another thing, Darlie said she saw Devon when she came back into the kitchen/living room so I'm assuming this is when she screamed the Devon, Devon, Devon. But if Darin couldn't immediately tell what happened to Devon (thought the table had turned over on him, etc.) then how could Darlie who apparently never even went over to Devon (ya'll correct me if I'm wrong on that). Didn't she supposidely get right on the phone to 911?

Yeah, it fits but doesn't. Darin pulled the Devon, Devon, Devon from some part of all that went one and then tried to make it fit.
According to Darlie, she saw Devon from where she stood in the kitchen. She turned on the kitchen light but never mentions turning on any lights in the family room. So I wondering how she can tell he is wounded from so far away. Or if she can see the wound on his chest (which was not bleeding outwardly...it was seeping and pooling under his body with most of the blood going inward and filling the chest cavity and lungs), how can she tell from so far away how serious his wounds are? She couldn't even tell Damon was hurt until she looked under his shirt. So when did she determine that Devon was the most seriously wounded and how did she make that determination?

If she knew that both of the boys were wounded, why isn't she yelling both of their names? What makes Devon's injuries so special?

You are correct that she never went near Devon until she brought in a wet towel for him after she was on the phone with 911. Of course, whether she did either of those things is debatable, too. We only have hers and Darin's word that either ever took place. No supporting evidence except the towels in the family room, which may or may not have been wet. No evidence telling us how the towels were delivered though.

Goody said:
Everytime I hear Darin repeat these words he claims Darlie was screaming when she woke him up, it gives me chills. Something about it doesn't fit yet it does.
It occurred to me that maybe he was telling the truth about this, that he awoke hearing her scream Devon's name, that he charged downstairs to find the bloody carnage....but before Damon or Darlie were injured. What would that mean exactly?

That he took the sock down the alley? That he participated or was privvy to the murder of Damon? That Devon died anywhere from 40 minutes or longer before they claim he did? That they then had time to discuss what to do, plan the cover up, and put their hurried plan into action?

Or does it mean something else?

Why would Darlie be hollering Devon's name so exclusively when it was Damon who was right in front of her wounded just as seriously? It just doesn't make sense for her to holler only Devon's name. Has this struck anyone else as being odd?

It did no strike me too odd because did she not say that she saw Devon lying on the floor all drenched in blood and thought he was dead or maybe dying or something?> and Damon was walking behind her. So would it not be natural to scream Devon?

Goody said:
According to Darlie, she saw Devon from where she stood in the kitchen. She turned on the kitchen light but never mentions turning on any lights in the family room. So I wondering how she can tell he is wounded from so far away. Or if she can see the wound on his chest (which was not bleeding outwardly...it was seeping and pooling under his body with most of the blood going inward and filling the chest cavity and lungs), how can she tell from so far away how serious his wounds are? She couldn't even tell Damon was hurt until she looked under his shirt. So when did she determine that Devon was the most seriously wounded and how did she make that determination?

If she knew that both of the boys were wounded, why isn't she yelling both of their names? What makes Devon's injuries so special?
Looking at the crime scene photos, Devon was completely blood covered. Also, he didn't even wear a shirt that night, only shorts. Even with some of that blood coming from when Darin tried to get air into his lungs, all of that blood did not come just from that... there is no way. If Darlie saw Devon lying there, she definately saw that he was blood covered. If Damon was moving around a little, it would naturally be Devon that she was trying to get to respond to her.

armywife210 said:
Looking at the crime scene photos, Devon was completely blood covered. Also, he didn't even wear a shirt that night, only shorts. Even with some of that blood coming from when Darin tried to get air into his lungs, all of that blood did not come just from that... there is no way. If Darlie saw Devon lying there, she definately saw that he was blood covered. If Damon was moving around a little, it would naturally be Devon that she was trying to get to respond to her.

The stab wounds were not 'spraying' wounds, they were oozing wounds. If Devon was immobile (either dying or already dead) then there wouldn't have been a lot of blood covering him. Some yes, but not a lot.

Darin spent at least 2 or so minutes with Devon (probably more) trying to resucitate him. His testimony was that when he tried to breathe into Devon's mouth blood came spraying and gushing from his wounds. It would seem that the bulk of the blood covering Devon came well after the attack when his father was tending him (even if the blood did not 'spray' out during CPR). Darin certainly didn't notice him covered with blood first thing according to his voluntary statement. He saw the glass coffee table before he realised there was blood, and it wasn't until he looked 'again' at his chest that he saw the wounds (according to his vol statement).

So it doesn't make sense that Devon would have been covered with blood when Darlie saw him when she came back from the garage.

Dani_T said:
The stab wounds were not 'spraying' wounds, they were oozing wounds. If Devon was immobile (either dying or already dead) then there wouldn't have been a lot of blood covering him. Some yes, but not a lot.

Darin spent at least 2 or so minutes with Devon (probably more) trying to resucitate him. His testimony was that when he tried to breathe into Devon's mouth blood came spraying and gushing from his wounds. It would seem that the bulk of the blood covering Devon came well after the attack when his father was tending him (even if the blood did not 'spray' out during CPR). Darin certainly didn't notice him covered with blood first thing according to his voluntary statement. He saw the glass coffee table before he realised there was blood, and it wasn't until he looked 'again' at his chest that he saw the wounds (according to his vol statement).

So it doesn't make sense that Devon would have been covered with blood when Darlie saw him when she came back from the garage.

To me it does. Here is how I think of this. Look at the blood on Devon under pants. They are drenched in front. So a large amount of blood had to run down his chest onto his underpants. I think that the blood on his chest in photos is wipe away some by Darlie layint the wet towels on his chest. I think maybe before that it was cover with blood. An look at the sides of his chest and you can see where blood run all the way down the sides but that the carpet there not have blood on it. To me this mean that he was move.

This is how it look to me. He was sitting up or on knees when stab first time. Gush of blood came out and ran down body and cover front of underwear before he fall back and fight a little bit before getting the second stab wound. That little fight is where he get the stab to the upper thigh etc. Don forget the wounds to hands and the neck bruises. When he falls and is lying on back blood flows over his chest and down the side of chest all the way. But then maybe because of the lowering of the blood pressure from so much bleeding and the gravity of lying on his back the rest of the blood just runs into his lungs and chest. Then some time later, when worked on by Darin and medical people he is move a little and that is why the blood running down chest does not show on carpet. That is what it seems to me that I see there.

You know what bothers me even more than Devon, Devon, Devon.

Listening to the 911 call when she utters that last Damon. She sounds just like a fed up mom who has had it with her kid and is hissing at them to behave. It's just the oddest thing I would ever expect to hear from a mother whose child is dying in front of her eyes.

Desilu said:

Listening to the 911 call when she utters that last Damon. She sounds just like a fed up mom who has had it with her kid and is hissing at them to behave. It's just the oddest thing I would ever expect to hear from a mother whose child is dying in front of her eyes.
I hadn't noticed that. I will have to listen to it again.

SnootyVixen said:
To me it does. Here is how I think of this. Look at the blood on Devon under pants. They are drenched in front. So a large amount of blood had to run down his chest onto his underpants. I think that the blood on his chest in photos is wipe away some by Darlie layint the wet towels on his chest. I think maybe before that it was cover with blood. An look at the sides of his chest and you can see where blood run all the way down the sides but that the carpet there not have blood on it. To me this mean that he was move.

This is how it look to me. He was sitting up or on knees when stab first time. Gush of blood came out and ran down body and cover front of underwear before he fall back and fight a little bit before getting the second stab wound. That little fight is where he get the stab to the upper thigh etc. Don forget the wounds to hands and the neck bruises. When he falls and is lying on back blood flows over his chest and down the side of chest all the way. But then maybe because of the lowering of the blood pressure from so much bleeding and the gravity of lying on his back the rest of the blood just runs into his lungs and chest. Then some time later, when worked on by Darin and medical people he is move a little and that is why the blood running down chest does not show on carpet. That is what it seems to me that I see there.
Do you throw out the testimony of the medical examiners?

When did he die? When Darlie was standing in the kitchen peering into a dark room? Or was he already dead at that point? According to the time frame,he should not have been. He should have been dying but not dead yet. So how long do you think it took for all this blood that you believe was covering him to cover him?

Dani_T said:
I agree. :clap:

Desilu said:

Absolutely, and she says it so furtively, trying to hide from the 911 operator what she is saying. For a long time I couldn't figure out what disturbed me so much about that Damon, Damon, Damon, and finally I did. It's her tone of voice. It's also one of the things that made me turn the innocent corner to the guilty yard. Beesy and I discussed this on the 911 thread a while back and she also thinks Darlie sounds like she is chastising him under her breath--as if he was misbehaving in public.

Do you think she could be telling Darin something about Damon--i.e. "he's still alive or he's moving, etc"

cami said:
Absolutely, and she says it so furtively, trying to hide from the 911 operator what she is saying. For a long time I couldn't figure out what disturbed me so much about that Damon, Damon, Damon, and finally I did. It's her tone of voice. It's also one of the things that made me turn the innocent corner to the guilty yard. Beesy and I discussed this on the 911 thread a while back and she also thinks Darlie sounds like she is chastising him under her breath--as if he was misbehaving in public.

Do you think she could be telling Darin something about Damon--i.e. "he's still alive or he's moving, etc"
I just listened to the 911 tape again and i don't hear her say "Damon, Damon, Damon" anywhere in it. I am listening to it in real time though. I wish I knew how to slow it down.

It happens at the 1:44 mark

01:44:28 Darlie Routier ...my babies are dead
(Damon, Damon, Damon)

Desilu said:

(Damon, Damon, Damon)
Can anyone direct me to a link for the 911 tape? I've played it on the Justice 4 Darlie site but for some reason it keeps pausing and I can't make anything out. That could just be my rubbish computer though!

britgirl said:
Can anyone direct me to a link for the 911 tape? I've played it on the Justice 4 Darlie site but for some reason it keeps pausing and I can't make anything out. That could just be my rubbish computer though!

Try this Link to the 911 call

Desilu said:

(Damon, Damon, Damon)

I have it at the 1:47.10 mark.

01:41:21 Darlie Routier.... what,....what....what
01:44.25 Radio
01:44:28 Darlie Routier......my babies are dead
01:46.20 Radio
01:47:10 Darlie Routier....(unintelligible)....Damon, Damon, Damon

It's difficult to hear Goody, I had to put the speakers right to my ears, LOL.

Goody said:
I just listened to the 911 tape again and i don't hear her say "Damon, Damon, Damon" anywhere in it. I am listening to it in real time though. I wish I knew how to slow it down.
If you are using Audacity it's under Effects.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back