GUILTY WA - Six wounded in shooting at Tacoma Mall, 20 Nov 2005

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Eight people are shot at a shopping mall in downtown Tacoma, Washington, a fire official says, adding shooter is still at large.

At least 5 shot in Tacoma mall attack

Official says gunman still at large

At least five people have been wounded in a shooting at a shopping mall near downtown Tacoma, Washington, fire officials said. "At this time, the situation is still evolving," said Jon Lendosky, deputy chief of the Tacoma Fire Department. "We're still right in the middle of it."

Lendosky said five people had been sent to hospitals. But another fire official, Lt. David Elmer, said earlier that eight people had been reported hurt.

Because the shooter remained at large, "There are still some we can't get to," Elmer said.

A woman who answered the phone at one store said her manager told her police had ordered a lockdown at the shopping center, and a police dispatcher said the situation was "still in progress."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/11/20/mall.shooting/index.html

Tacoma Fire Department official John Landoski said authorities got a call about 12:15 p.m. that shots had been fired inside the mall. Five people were taken to hospitals with injuries, he said. The mall was locked down as police searched for the shooter, Landoski said.

State Patrol and police units from nearby agencies were clustered around an entrance at the mall's south end.

Betz Dejarnatt, who works at the JC Penny inside the mall, said she heard at three shots.

"I thought, that sounds like a gun," Dejarnatt said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. She said some workers were herded into dressing rooms and offices, then police had them filed outside to a parking lot.

Numerous callers into Seattle's KING 5 TV described the scene.

Shopper Dick Waldo described a person running by and shooting as he ran.

"An individual had just come running through a cross section and I heard some fire so I just told everybody to drop," Waldo told KING 5, "and then the individual started running toward the other end of the mall."

Then, Waldo said, "chaos just happened," Waldo said as the shots were fired.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10129879/

-- The suspect in shootings that wounded six at a Tacoma, Washington, mall is in custody after hostage negotiations, police say.

TACOMA, Wash. — A gunman opened fire inside a busy shopping mall Sunday, wounding several people in the halls and taking three people hostage in a music store before police arrested him, authorities said.

Witnesses described hearing a noise and then seeing a man walking backward through the mall, firing.

At least six people were injured, one critically, as shoppers and store clerks scrambled for cover.

Tacoma Police spokesman Mark Fulghum said the suspect, arrested about four hours after the shooting began, was a young man but he had no other details about him or his possible motives.

Police were interviewing the victims and hostages, he said.

While the suspect was still inside the Sam Goody music store, employee Joe Hudson was able to pick up the phone and say he and others had been taken hostage. Hudson said little more but could be hearing telling others that he was talking to The Associated Press.

Authorities got the call about 12:15 p.m. that shots had been fired inside the Tacoma Mall. The caller said there was a gunman, "He was in the mall, walking along, firing," Fulghum said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,176170,00.htmlhttp://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,176163,00.html

ugg, yet ANOTHER reason not to go to stupid shopping malls!!!

20 years old, white, wearing a shirt and tie. Assault rifle. It's a wonder more weren't killed. IMO

Suspect In Tacoma Mall Shooting Spree Sent Angry Text Messages Before The Rampage

TACOMA, Wash. (AP) -- A man accused of going on a shooting spree at a crowded shopping mall sent a text message to his ex-girlfriend minutes before the rampage saying he was about to show the world his anger, the woman said.

Six people were injured, one critically, in Sunday's attack.

Dominick Sergio Maldonado, 20, surrendered about four hours after he ducked into a music store and took three hostages, all of whom were released unharmed, authorities said.

Tiffany Robison, Maldonado's former girlfriend, said in an interview broadcast Monday on ABC's "Good Morning America" that he sent her a text message shortly before noon reading: "Today is the day that the world will know my anger."

She said he also contacted her during the standoff.

"He called me and said he just shot up the Tacoma Mall and he's in the Sam Goody taking hostages," Robison said.

Bret Strickler, who said he was Maldonado's best friend, told the Seattle Post-Intelligencer he received a similar text message while Maldonado was holding the hostages.

Authorities said they began getting calls about 12:15 p.m. that shots had been fired inside the mall. The first caller said a gunman "was in the mall, walking along, firing," Tacoma police spokesman Mark Fulghum said.

State Patrol and police units from nearby agencies clustered around an entrance at the south end.

Inside, Stacy Wilson, 29, heard a popping noise and turned around.

"I saw the gunman randomly shooting. I ran with a group of women to Victoria's Secret," Wilson said. She said they crouched behind a wall in the store, and when the shooting stopped, an employee ran out and closed a security gate at the front.

Wilson said she heard 15 to 20 shots.

"He was walking backward and shooting. I couldn't see his face," she said. "Everyone was running and screaming."

A man told KING-TV the gunman was smiling as he fired an assault rifle in bursts of four to five shots.

A woman who said she made eye contact with the "very clean-cut" gunman before he opened fire told Northwest Cable News, "When I heard the shooting I thought, 'This is a joke. ... I couldn't believe this was actually happening, that someone would do this."

Court records show Maldonado has an extensive juvenile criminal history dating back to 1998. He has been convicted of burglary, theft and possession of burglary tools and he had been ordered not to possess any weapons, the Times reported.

"I think honestly that he just wanted attention. It's the sick attention that he wanted," Robison told ABC. She said they broke up months earlier "because of an issue with a drug."

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=88075

Beyond Belief said:
So what was his demented excuse?
I guess because his girlfriend broke up with him and he wanted attention? What an idiot!!! :behindbar

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back