1118 users online (195 members and 923 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bently View Post
    The Church of Scientology closed down Clearwater downtown today for a Church sponsored block party.

SeaSeas, didn't the Church of Scientology buy the land that Calvary Baptist Church used to be downtown, overlooking the bay, many many years ago?
    https://bestthingsfl.com/event/summe...rwater-fl.html
    Summer Downtown Block Party 2017
    Saturday, Jul 15, 2017

Sponsored by the Church if Scientology Flag Service Organization

I haven’t followed all of the real estate transactions.
    Calvary Baptist Church sold to Opus South. I don’t know if Opus South has Co$ affiliation.

Here is a 2004 news article:
    http://www.sptimes.com/2004/11/02/No...or_Calva.shtml
    Buyer found for Calvary Baptist campus
    CLEARWATER - A nationally known developer emerged Monday as the buyer of Calvary Baptist Church's downtown campus.
    Opus South also has its eyes on City Hall, which splits the church's properties and overlooks Clearwater Harbor.

More information:
    http://www.tbnweekly.com/content_art...004_cit-01.txt
    http://www.clearwaterpostulate.com/c...r-win-for-all/

I’m not sure which entity is more slimy – Co$ or Calvary Baptist Church.
    OK, if I had to choose ONE, it would be Co$.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    How many episodes is this series? Was it just the 3 plus the "ask me anything" episode?

They're doing a great job of presenting the experiences of a diverse number of escapees.

This is not a church, it's a long-con and extortion abyss with the goal of extracting every bit of $$$ out of brainwashed cult members. When people have to run out the doors and plan escapes to get away, that's akin to being kidnapped, IMO.

What an evil little man that David Miscaviage is. A little Napolean. I'd seen shows on this cult and him before, but it really brings it all home, packaged and distributed to a potentially wider audience.

Wish he'd be arrested and convicted of battery, abuse, kidnapping and other felonies. He needs to be put away, far away, in a state or fed prison.
    I'm looking at On Demand right now, there were eight episodes.

I came back to the thread because I just saw that they are going to have another season in August. Apparently they have a lot of other people they are going to also interview this year.

One question that I have never seen addressed by anyone either in Scientology, or out of it, is why they never go preach to poor people. Why don't they spread their "message" to people in low income neighborhoods? The fact that they don't should tell you something about the group right there. If ALL humans are descended from these supposed "thetans" and just have to get back to their beginnings and lose all the human dross, doesn't that include poor people? Try preaching this in a famine village in Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by CherCher View Post
    One question that I have never seen addressed by anyone either in Scientology, or out of it, is why they never go preach to poor people. Why don't they spread their "message" to people in low income neighborhoods? The fact that they don't should tell you something about the group right there. If ALL humans are descended from these supposed "thetans" and just have to get back to their beginnings and lose all the human dross, doesn't that include poor people? Try preaching this in a famine village in Africa.
    Because it costs money to move up within the organization. Poor people can't afford that. That's what everything circles back to....money.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

Season 2 starts tonight, 9-11 pm Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath - The Conversation Continues. It is still on A&E, but looks as it will be changing to Tuesdays.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4