GUILTY Canada - Rose McGroarty, 46, found dismembered, Toronto, ON, 11 Nov 2005

I have been watching for updates as this is local news for me.

Casshew

Are there any updates to this?
Where they ever able to identify the body?

House searches in dismemberment case spark privacy concerns

House-to-house searches have some residents of a Toronto neighbourhood on edge as police hunt for clues in the case of a woman whose body was found dismembered in a laneway. A team of 20 officers is asking residents in the west-end neighbourhood of Parkdale to sign a consent form allowing a search of closets, basements and freezers.

Police are looking for evidence linked to the discovery of the victim's dismembered torso in an alleyway last month. The woman's legs were discovered Nov. 11 at a garbage sorting station in North York, while her torso was discovered hours later in Parkdale.

More
http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2005/12/06/toronto_searches051206.html?ref=rss

what ever happened to the mass murderer that was just released up in Canada? I don't remember her name, but I know you Canadians have it on top of your tongue eh?

Well the person that comes to mind is not a mass murderer, but Karla Holmolka, who along with her husband raped and tortured and then killed her sister and did the same to two other teenagers.

We are not even going to get into the torture, videotapes, or rapes of a 14 and 15 year old girl. Held them captive for days........

Karla helped her husband willingly...she is by far the most despised person in Canada.

With the Torso, there is speculation that the woman is a victim of abuse by an intimate partner or a recent immigrant.

Obviously her killer had help with the body, but not one person, not one friend, or family member has reported her missing.

Not one.

The theory was that if she was a victim of abuse, she was isolated, that is why no one has come forward. Or that she has no friends or family in Toronto due to being a recent immigrant and maybe a victim of abuse as well.

No one has reportedly missed her.........

But Parkdale is a seedy area of town, with drugs, hookers, fights, rooming houses etc. It is a really scary area.

I once had to use the pay phone in that area, picked it up and there was dried blood on it. I told the cab company to hurry, PLEASE.

That was about 10 years ago.......

an intimate partner?

like a black widow?

cutting somone in half means to dispose of the body they couldn't carry it in one piece, that's what set a flag it might have been a woman.

Canada used to be such a safe place...

Oh please, compared to a City with 5 million people in the USA, Toronto has had 80 murders, which is almost an all time high.

But right now we are plagued with gun violence from gangs of "rappers" and street meat who settle their differences in regards to guns, gangs, drugs, turf at the end of a gun.

I would say all of the victims were young man of colour.

I wonder what the murder rate for a City with 5 million people in the USA would be.

So I guess if you are not involved in gangs, guns, drugs, violence, crime, or an abusive partner, it is pretty safe.........

What set the flag is that they tested the Torso and leg, along with the AVON bracelet and tatoo and determined through a simple test that the remains belonged to a women, they know her approximate age, height, weight etc.

She apparently took some care of herself.........

A Black Widow is a women who kills her husbands for money.........

The reason why they KNOW that another person is involved, is because it would be impossible for one person to do this alone.

Remember we only have 30 million people, strict gun control, and have a lot less criminals lose on the street as compared to a country with 300 million people.

Funny thing happened......Ma and Pa and Mary and Johnny come to Canada for vacation. But Pa just can't leave his guns at home, after all he might need to defend the family against come some violent Canadian.

Well Pa should have read the sign at the Border that said to hand over any and all guns. Well Pa had five guns, that he could not just give up(but would be returned to him upon leaving Canada(storage is free of charge) and Pa was arrested. Tourist trap Ma says, you ruined our vacation Pa says.

Canada is not part of the USA we say....abide by our laws and rules......we have very strict gun control and that is reflected in the fact that our country is pretty safe.

Since guns are hard to get in Canada legally, they are being brought in from the USA and sold on the street illegally

Thanks......

Psychopaths are everywhere. We don't have the reasoning to see what they see. Because we aren't of that genre. It is not about borders it is about their plans, not ours. This makes it hard for everyone to proceed.

Rocky said:
what ever happened to the mass murderer that was just released up in Canada? I don't remember her name, but I know you Canadians have it on top of your tongue eh?
funny you should ask... I just found this article:

Appeal to keep limits on Canada sex killer fails

3:29 p.m. December 6, 2005
TORONTO – Notorious Canadian sex killer Karla Homolka will live without restraints on her liberty after a Quebec court rejected an appeal Tuesday to reimpose restrictions.

The Quebec Court of Appeal turned down a request from the province of Quebec to reinstate 14 limits that had been put on Homolka's freedom after she completed a 12-year prison sentence in July for her role in the rape, torture and murder of two Ontario teenagers.

The restraints were applied by a court on her release because she was judged to pose a continuing threat to the community.
Homolka, 35, and her then-husband Paul Bernardo killed Ontario schoolgirls Leslie Mahaffy and Kristen French more than a decade ago. She also drugged her 15-year-old sister so that Bernardo could rape her. The girl later died.

More: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/world/20051206-1529-crime-canada-homolka.html

Police make arrest in torso murder case

Last updated Dec 7 2005
CBC News

A tip from a suspicious acquaintance led police to arrest a 50-year-old Parkdale man Tuesday and charge him with second-degree murder in the killing and dismembering of his common-law wife.

The accused was due to make his first court appearance on Wednesday.

Police had been conducting a controversial door-to-door search of houses and apartments just prior to the arrest, but the break in the case seemed to come instead by phone.

"The member of the community who phoned in was not a family member, but did hear an explanation with regards to why this individual [the alleged victim] was missing and was not satisfied with it," said Det.-Sgt. Gary Giroux, of the Homicide Squad. Pressed, he would not say if it was a neighbour.

"It's a member of the community who had been following the media coverage, had received an explanation and was not satisfied with it," he repeated.

As unconfirmed reports swirled that another body part had been discovered, coroner Dr David Evans confirmed Wednesday that something was found on railroad tracks not far from Dunn Street and the Gardiner Expressway after the arrest, but would not say what.

The investigation began on Nov. 11 when the victim's leg was discovered at the Bermondsey garbage transfer station in the Eglinton Avenue East and Victoria Park Avenue area. Hours later, her torso was found in a Parkdale alleyway.

http://www.cbc.ca/toronto/story/to_torosomuder20051207.html

From November 2006:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ts-14-years-for-killing-wife/article18175365/

Robert Wiszniowski, 51, pleaded guilty yesterday to two charges and was sentenced to a total of 14 years in prison to be served consecutively -- nine for manslaughter and five for causing an indignity to a dead body. Taking into account time spent in custody since his arrest in December of 2005, his sentence was reduced by 22 months. He will be eligible for parole in about four years.

Mr. Wiszniowski struck Rose McGroarty on the head with a wrench after she caught him smoking crack cocaine in the bathroom of their apartment early last November. He had promised her that he had stopped abusing the drug. She had said she would leave him if he continued to smoke...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back