Al-Zarqawi may be among dead in Iraq fight

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
http://www.thenewstribune.com/24hour/front/story/2917109p-11583157c.html
BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - U.S. forces sealed off a house in the northern city of Mosul where eight suspected al-Qaida members died in a gunfight - some by their own hand to avoid capture. A U.S. official said Sunday that efforts were under way to determine if terror leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was among the dead.

Insurgents, meanwhile, killed an American soldier and a Marine in separate attacks over the weekend, while a British soldier was killed by a roadside bomb in the south.

In Washington, a U.S. official said the identities of the terror suspects killed in the Saturday raid was unknown. Asked if they could include al-Zarqawi, the official replied: "There are efforts under way to determine if he was killed."

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the information. On Saturday, police Brig. Gen. Said Ahmed al-Jubouri said the raid was launched after a tip that top al-Qaida operatives, possibly including al-Zarqawi, were in the house in the northeastern part of the city.

my husband says these "top" terrorists never kill themselves, as was the scenario i read in one news report. but i am hopeful that this man who hates America has been put in a position that he can no longer do harm.

How many times have we ALMOST killed Osama? I'll believe it after the corpse is dna tested and confirmed! Then I will rejoice!

There will still be plenty of insurgents, but it would definitely be a blow to kill the mastermind of so many operations to kill innocent people in Iraq and now Jordan. (of course it was an "accident" he killed civilians, yeah)

I hate to get my hopes up but that surely would be great if they got him.

We can hope Marthatex, I should have put that on my list to Santa.

Beyond Belief said:
We can hope Marthatex, I should have put that on my list to Santa.

Yes, it could very well be that the White House wants to be on the conservative side right now rather than make a statement that ends up being wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back