649 users online (54 members and 595 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    19,138

    UK - Kate Hunter, 15, Briggate, Leeds, 16 December 2016

    Kate Hunter, aged 15, from Wetherby, was reported missing at 12.25am in the early hours of Saturday after she failed to return home on Friday night (16/12) after visiting Leeds city centre.

    CCTV in the city centre have traced her last known movements to McDonald's, in Briggate, where she was between 10.16pm and 10:42pm on Friday evening. Officers have now released CCTV images of an unidentified man who was seen with her that they urgently want to identify. 




    Kate is described as white, slim, long curly dark hair, braces on teeth. Wearing black shoes, black jumper, black denim trousers, cream jacket with fur on hood.

    https://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/...e-hunter-leeds
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...en-Friday.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    1,932
    She looks a lot older than 15. I hope she is found safe soon.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    75
    I wonder if this guy knows her age, she does look older.

  4. #4
    skibaboo's Avatar
    skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    10,404
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Kate Hunter, aged 15, from Wetherby, was reported missing at 12.25am in the early hours of Saturday after she failed to return home on Friday night (16/12) after visiting Leeds city centre.

    CCTV in the city centre have traced her last known movements to McDonald's, in Briggate, where she was between 10.16pm and 10:42pm on Friday evening. Officers have now released CCTV images of an unidentified man who was seen with her that they urgently want to identify. 




    Kate is described as white, slim, long curly dark hair, braces on teeth. Wearing black shoes, black jumper, black denim trousers, cream jacket with fur on hood.

    https://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/...e-hunter-leeds
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...en-Friday.html
    Wonder is she has a change of clothes in that bag?

    In the CCTV images she is clearly wearing BLUE jeans, and black boots and no sign of a cream jacket, is it in that bag?


    Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

    Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

    Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    6,025
    This one is very near me and in fact I was in that McD's last week. The man has been named locally as Mal, aka MM (his FB name, not his full name) so we'll see if anything comes of that. It's on WYPolice's FB page in the comments.

    There has to be more CCTV footage of them, Leeds is covered in cameras and the McD's is surrounded by shops and bars.

  6. #6
    skibaboo's Avatar
    skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    10,404
    Quote Originally Posted by CoverMeCagney View Post
    This one is very near me and in fact I was in that McD's last week. The man has been named locally as Mal, aka MM (his FB name, not his full name) so we'll see if anything comes of that. It's on WYPolice's FB page in the comments.

    There has to be more CCTV footage of them, Leeds is covered in cameras and the McD's is surrounded by shops and bars.
    MM yeah. Waiting on confirmation but her Brother has posted she is home


    Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

    Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

    Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    6,025
    Quote Originally Posted by skibaboo View Post
    MM yeah. Waiting on confirmation but her Brother has posted she is home
    Yes I've seen that too, fingers crossed. And I hope to god he didn't know she's only 15.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    A TEENAGE girl who was spotted on CCTV footage near a McDonald’s with a mystery man after being missing for three days has been found.

    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/243411...search-latest/

  9. #9
    skibaboo's Avatar
    skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    10,404
    BBC Look North (Yks)Verified account ‏@BBCLookNorth 6m6 minutes ago
    Missing 15 year old Kate Hunter has been safe & well. Police have thanked public for sharing appeal.

    https://twitter.com/BBCLookNorth


    Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

    Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

    Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    6,025
    West Yorkshire Police [FB page]
    18 mins ·
    Kate Hunter, aged 15, from Wetherby, who was the subject of an earlier missing persons appeal, has now been found safe and well.
    A man shown with with her in CCTV images has also been identified and we don't require any further information with regard to him.
    We are very grateful to everyone who has assisted in sharing the appeal. You've once again shown what a powerful tool social media can be in livetime police investigations to safeguard vulnerable people.


    Nice to see the police appreciating what the power of social media can do!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,529
    I am so glad she has been 'found safe' - I love to hear those words.

    It is good to hear police acknowledging social media's help. It can be a double edged sword sometimes, a blessing and a curse.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    6,025
    Quote Originally Posted by jessie View Post
    I am so glad she has been 'found safe' - I love to hear those words.

    It is good to hear police acknowledging social media's help. It can be a double edged sword sometimes, a blessing and a curse.
    .....with no greater example of that than Corrie McKeague's case



Similar Threads

  1. ‘Kate Plus 8′ Series Finale: Kate Gosselin Says “This Is Not Goodbye”
    By Knox in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 276
    Last Post: 10-25-2016, 11:41 PM
  2. Found Safe UK - Matthew Hunter, 45, Cambridge, 11 July 2016
    By MelmothTheLost in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-12-2016, 11:51 AM
  3. Found Safe FL - Hunter Profit, 15, Jacksonville, 31 May 2016
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2016, 07:49 AM