1105 users online (167 members and 938 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

NC - Nia Hantzopoulos, 64, murdered, Charlotte, *ARREST*

Police search for missing woman from south Charlotte

Police in Charlotte are looking for a missing woman who has not been seen since Thursday.

Hantzopoulosí husband reported her missing Saturday.
    http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/pol...otte/477257949

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Her name sounds Greek. My first thought after reading the article was "Possible car accident?". I don't know the area at all though.

I work in South Charlotte. At that time of day, I assume she would've taken either I-485 or Highway 51 to get to either Fort Mill or Pineville from where she lives. Both are pretty steady this time of year, especially during the day. I don't think it's likely that she ran off the road without anyone seeing.
    MOO

I wish there was more information about her in the news.
    MOO

Also local (concord) and sweetcaroline is right - not very likely that she would've ran off the road without anyone noticing on the routes she would've taken.

There would have been a decent amount of traffic in the area because of Christmas shoppers. Lots of department stores, higher end mall, ect.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Based on information i was able to find on her she's approximately 65 y/o and she resides on quail ridge dr.

It's a 5 mile/12 minute drive from her home to south park mall. Local route of carmel dr/sharon rd which are busy roads. I would assume she was going shopping since she was last seen leaving her home and her husband didn't know exactly where she was going.

Her home was last sold in 1988 and she has previous addresses in Matthews and Kannapolis so I don't think this is an issue of being unfamiliar with the area either.

I'm sure cmpd has pulled financial records to see if she did in fact make it to wherever she was headed. Wish more details were given.

Last edited by tkdunn; 12-19-2016 at 04:23 PM.

I'm in this area too, and this time of year everywhere and everything is crowded. If she was around and in public, she'd be seen, IMO. Just wondering why they waited a week to put the notice out?
    Compassion cost nothing but pays dividends.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdunn View Post
    I would assume she was going shopping since she was last seen leaving her home and her husband didn't know exactly where she was going.
    why assume this? Besides that it sounds totally sexist, what makes you think so? If so, that is even more worrying. So many bad things happen in mall areas - all that open area, and people not necessarily paying attention to surroundings, etc.
    Last edited by AzPistonsGirl; 12-19-2016 at 05:59 PM.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
    Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by AzPistonsGirl View Post
    why assume this? Besides that it sounds totally sexist, what makes you think so? So many bad things happen in mall areas.
    Sexist? I would have assumed the same if it were her husband who were missing.

1. I am local and familiar with the areas mentioned. It's Christmas and they are largely known for shopping and dining.

2. If she were going to visit someone the husband would have likely known where she went and when to expect her back.

So when I read she was "traveling" to Pineville or Fort Mill area, I thought that meant, you know, "traveling". But no, that's errand running territory. That's going to the post office and the Container Store. If she were "traveling", as in taking a trip, it would make perfect sense that her husband didn't report her missing for two days. Because he wouldn't expect her home. Why was she reported missing two days later after he believed she left to run errands?
    Last edited by JeannaT; 12-19-2016 at 09:33 PM.

Her flyer has been posted in my Nextdoor site, and according to close friends/family, foul play is suspected. The goodwill in Pineville ? I'm under the impression it was the one in Ballantyne on Johnson Rd. which is also called 521. They are meeting at this one to hang flyers, and just a side note, it's five or so minutes from the SC state line.
    Last edited by Dockins; 12-19-2016 at 10:15 PM.
    Compassion cost nothing but pays dividends.

This poster from the Aware Foundation says she was supposed to be going to sell some jewelry. The timing of the police report still seems strange to me.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...c_location=ufi

Quote Originally Posted by BlkMtnGirl View Post
    This poster from the Aware Foundation says she was supposed to be going to sell some jewelry. The timing of the police report still seems strange to me.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...c_location=ufi
    Sell some jewelry? Was she making that jewelry or was it due to their, her and her husband, financial problems?
    What do you fear most... in the world?
    The possibility that love is not enough
    Twin Peaks

1. Traffic in and around Charlotte is dreadful on a daily basis. So many people who move to or get transferred to Charlotte for work say they would never have bought a home in the area they did if they had any idea of the traffic situation.
    2. People get killed in Charlotte and the killers are never found. This is not a rare occurrence.
    3. Why the heck did the husband not report her missing on Thursday? If he knew she was going to sell jewelry, he should have reported that she was missing right away.
    4. LE in that area don't seem to care or react in a timely fashion.
    5. My hinky meter is on "high alert" for many different reasons.
    6. I personally do not expect a good outcome here if everything we have read is true.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/investigati...oman/373354446

Her husband reported her missing around 7:45 a.m. Saturday saying she hadn't been seen since Thursday.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast