NC - Nia Hantzopoulos, 64, murdered, Charlotte, *ARREST*

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Police search for missing woman from south Charlotte
missing-woman_20161219172240282_6859928_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Police in Charlotte are looking for a missing woman who has not been seen since Thursday.

Hantzopoulos’ husband reported her missing Saturday.
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/police-search-for-missing-woman-from-south-charlotte/477257949

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Her name sounds Greek. My first thought after reading the article was "Possible car accident?". I don't know the area at all though.

I work in South Charlotte. At that time of day, I assume she would've taken either I-485 or Highway 51 to get to either Fort Mill or Pineville from where she lives. Both are pretty steady this time of year, especially during the day. I don't think it's likely that she ran off the road without anyone seeing.

Also local (concord) and sweetcaroline is right - not very likely that she would've ran off the road without anyone noticing on the routes she would've taken.

There would have been a decent amount of traffic in the area because of Christmas shoppers. Lots of department stores, higher end mall, ect.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Based on information i was able to find on her she's approximately 65 y/o and she resides on quail ridge dr.

It's a 5 mile/12 minute drive from her home to south park mall. Local route of carmel dr/sharon rd which are busy roads. I would assume she was going shopping since she was last seen leaving her home and her husband didn't know exactly where she was going.

Her home was last sold in 1988 and she has previous addresses in Matthews and Kannapolis so I don't think this is an issue of being unfamiliar with the area either.

I'm sure cmpd has pulled financial records to see if she did in fact make it to wherever she was headed. Wish more details were given.

I'm in this area too, and this time of year everywhere and everything is crowded. If she was around and in public, she'd be seen, IMO. Just wondering why they waited a week to put the notice out?

I would assume she was going shopping since she was last seen leaving her home and her husband didn't know exactly where she was going.

why assume this? Besides that it sounds totally sexist, what makes you think so? If so, that is even more worrying. So many bad things happen in mall areas - all that open area, and people not necessarily paying attention to surroundings, etc.

why assume this? Besides that it sounds totally sexist, what makes you think so? So many bad things happen in mall areas.
Sexist? I would have assumed the same if it were her husband who were missing.

1. I am local and familiar with the areas mentioned. It's Christmas and they are largely known for shopping and dining.

2. If she were going to visit someone the husband would have likely known where she went and when to expect her back.

So when I read she was "traveling" to Pineville or Fort Mill area, I thought that meant, you know, "traveling". But no, that's errand running territory. That's going to the post office and the Container Store. If she were "traveling", as in taking a trip, it would make perfect sense that her husband didn't report her missing for two days. Because he wouldn't expect her home. Why was she reported missing two days later after he believed she left to run errands?

Her flyer has been posted in my Nextdoor site, and according to close friends/family, foul play is suspected. The goodwill in Pineville ? I'm under the impression it was the one in Ballantyne on Johnson Rd. which is also called 521. They are meeting at this one to hang flyers, and just a side note, it's five or so minutes from the SC state line.

1. Traffic in and around Charlotte is dreadful on a daily basis. So many people who move to or get transferred to Charlotte for work say they would never have bought a home in the area they did if they had any idea of the traffic situation.
2. People get killed in Charlotte and the killers are never found. This is not a rare occurrence.
3. Why the heck did the husband not report her missing on Thursday? If he knew she was going to sell jewelry, he should have reported that she was missing right away.
4. LE in that area don't seem to care or react in a timely fashion.
5. My hinky meter is on "high alert" for many different reasons.
6. I personally do not expect a good outcome here if everything we have read is true.

She lives in highly populated mid class americans. Yes was Greek and sweet as a pie

I'd strongly suggest all the newcomers claiming to know Nia, to contact mods and get verified. Thank you in advance.

Thanks to the new guys posting about Nia. I appreciate your input. It would be helpful if you contacted a mod to get verified as an insider.. that way you can share personal info without the need for links and such. I pray your friend is found soon and safe.

Welcome to Nia's friends. Yes, please get verified as an insider as we need all the help and info we can get to assist in bringing Nia home. Praying for the best outcome possible.

We're glad you joined us here.

:welcome:

pvtabby: Did the local LE tell her husband he had to wait 24 hours to file the report? Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects
Back