1079 users online (145 members and 934 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

VA - Broque 'Brock' Cockrum, 25, Norfolk, 13 Dec 2016

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

He hasn't been seen since last Wednesday, when he met a woman he had connected with online. We're told she lives in the Grandy Village area.
    The woman told Broque's family that the father of four became upset and left behind his phone and some clothing.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.13new...?client=safari

This msm says he went for a walk? The last part posted is the same as the first posted msm tho.

According to Norfolk Police, Broque Cockrum was last seen on December 13 around 6 p.m. •when he went for a walk• from his sister’s home

A flier posted online by Missing Pieces Network indicates that Cockrum was also seen leaving a woman’s apartment in Grandy Village the morning of December 14 without his pants, phone or hat.

•by me, no bold on my phone

ETA
    He was supposed to fly back home on Friday.

http://wtkr.com/2016/12/20/massachus...ng-in-norfolk/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LisaWL7TR; 12-20-2016 at 10:49 PM.

It seems he has 2 very young children & a significant other.
    This makes me really worried that this could possibly be a hook-up (Tinder?) while he was away (visiting his sister in a diff state from where he lives) that went badly. There's not a lot of info out there- which also makes me think of a possible scenario of a hook-up gone awry, but the family may not want that info out there.
    I'm really hoping Broque is found safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In one of the news articles (I'll try to find it) it stated that the woman he was last known to be with (who's home he left in the a.m.), brought his belongings that he'd left at her home to his sister. So LE must be in contact with this woman ... right?

One more thought - could the woman he was last known to be with not be a "hook-up" in the general sense, but possibly a drug connection? I have no idea either way- just trying to think of why Broque would have left her home without his belongings.

Quote Originally Posted by weeksauce007 View Post
    It seems he has 2 very young children & a significant other.
    This makes me really worried that this could possibly be a hook-up (Tinder?) while he was away (visiting his sister in a diff state from where he lives) that went badly. There's not a lot of info out there- which also makes me think of a possible scenario of a hook-up gone awry, but the family may not want that info out there.
    I'm really hoping Broque is found safe.

The fact that the last known sighting came from the woman he hooked up with could definitely play into this theory. Something could very easily have happened the night before, but by saying he was seen earlier it then completely throws the timeline out.

I wonder if it was mentioned why he was upset. Seems bizarre for him to leave without his pants or phone (hat not so much). Something must have really upset him for him to leave like that. Otherwise, I'm just not buying the story.
    Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
    Emily Dickinson

One more thought - could the woman he was last known to be with not be a "hook-up" in the general sense, but possibly a drug connection? I have no idea either way- just trying to think of why Broque would have left her home without his belongings.

Definitely not saying that this is the case, but if drugs were involved it could explain why he left without his pants and phone so early in the morning. Maybe not thinking rationally?
    Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
    Emily Dickinson

In one of the news articles (I'll try to find it) it stated that the woman he was last known to be with (who's home he left in the a.m.), brought his belongings that he'd left at her home to his sister. So LE must be in contact with this woman ... right?

Police tell 13News Now they are investigating and speaking with the woman Broque was last seen with, but at this time, officers do not suspect foul play.

http://www.13newsnow.com/mb/news/loc...dier/375030843

Broque's twitter (old)

https://twitter.com/Broque_cockrum?s=01

Last edited by LisaWL7TR; 12-21-2016 at 11:40 AM.

In my general area and I'm just now hearing about it. And it appears that both the WTKR and WVEC stories were dated yesterday. A week after it occurred.
    Justice might be blind, but Karma has the vision of a hawk. ~ Connie Fletcher, crime author

He actually has 4 kids.

Hi Tines, do you know Brock?

This is all quite curious. I can't imagine him wanting to miss Christmas with his kids.
    Just my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie811 View Post
    Hi Tines, do you know Brock?

This is all quite curious. I can't imagine him wanting to miss Christmas with his kids.
    I do know him we spent most of of teen years together. Lost contact over the years. But got back in contact this past summer. He is a great guy. From what he told me last time we talked he was dealing with ptsd and his bi polor. Im thinking he didnt wanna miss Christmas with his kids. Something happened. What idk wish i did.

So sorry to hear he had been struggling.

Locals... is there any water near where Brock went missing?
    Just my opinion!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast