Found Deceased NY - Joseph Comunale, 26, Manhattan, 12 Nov 2016 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blondie in Spokane

Reaction score
Grim signs point to foul play for Connecticut man who vanished after posh Manhattan party

A 26-year-old Connecticut man disappeared after going to a party in a Midtown apartment — and the NYPD thinks he may have been the victim of foul play, police sources said Tuesday.

Emergency Service Unit police dogs found pants they believe belong to missing Joseph Comunale along with bloody sheets inside a garbage bag near the apartment building on E. 59th St. near First Ave. he visited late Saturday, sources said.

Comunale, who is from Stamford, joined two men from New Jersey and three women who were visiting the son of a well-known jeweler who lives in the Grand Sutton tower, sources said.

At about 6:30 p.m. Sunday, hours after the women had left, the host called the front desk to request a luggage cart, police sources said. A short time later, video surveillance captured him wheeling out two pieces of luggage.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...play-man-vanished-nyc-party-article-1.2874483

Thread #1

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 120
Admin Note

Leave the personal attacks at the door and be respectful of other members.

If your stating facts you are required to provide links.

If you have a problem with a post please use the alert function rather than respond.

The same goes for broken quotes. Alert so one of the mods can quickly clean up the mess. Don't keep quoting them please.

It's your responsibility to know WS Rules

Thanks

Getting back to the garbage chute theory, could they have tightly bound Joey's body with sheets while he was lying flat? They could have gotten down there quickly and then transferred him to the duffle bag? According to some of his sports stats. he was 5' 9" and 175 lbs He was in shape and trim.

The city that never sleeps wouldn't allow them the window theory. Could it be out of respect to Pat C and family to leave this fact out until more time has passed.. Moo

Credit: myspace
photo of young Jimmy B with tattoo:
"only time will tell"
imagejpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1626.JPG
    IMG_1626.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 126
Maybe Gemma skipped out early to get the family sized duffle bag, a vat of bleach and God knows what else.. Also, does anyone remember from the initial reports that he may have been dismembered? I've been looking those reports over because that's when they are at their sloppiness with the lies and at times are accidenty honest.

How is someone POSSIBLY dismembered?? Either they are or they aren't. But they are almost positive it was over sex.. Makes no sense

There were two suitcases. I could see how they may be trying to protect his loved ones but they should at least give more updates.jmoo

Maybe Gemma skipped out early to get the family sized duffle bag and a vat of bleach.. Also, does anyone remember from the initial reports that he may have been dismembered? I've been looking those reports over because that's when they are at their sloppiness with the lies and at times are accidenty honest.

How is someone POSSIBLY dismembered?? Either they are or they aren't. But they are almost positive it was over sex.. Makes no sense

There were two suitcases. I could see how they may be trying to protect his loved ones but they should at least give more updates.jmoo

My GUESS about the "possible" dismemberment is that it was speculated because the size of the victim was bigger than the size of the bags.

Perhaps it was the reporter making the observation or receiving a hint, but that it wasn't direct info given by LE, so it's "possible."

IDK.

Speculation only, thinking aloud.

From pix11 https://www.google.com/amp/pix11.com/2016/11/16/body-of-connecticut-man-last-seen-at-nyc-party-found-in-suitcases-in-nj-sources/amp/?client=safari
"Initially, it was believed the body may have been "chopped." But later sources clarified that Comunale's body was not severed."

No, a whole body won't fit into the trash chute. Buildings are concerned about items blocking the chutes so the doors to the chutes are rather small. There has been no reference to head injuries, if the body was dropped even four floors the head would crack. There has only been a reference to the broken pelvis. I believe that it was sheets and towels that created the blood in the chutes. Buildings of this size usually have freight elevators, there has not been a reference to which elevator was used. My building has cameras in the elevators, it is not unusual in a service building.

My GUESS about the "possible" dismemberment is that it was speculated because the size of the victim was bigger than the size of the bags.

Perhaps it was the reporter making the observation or receiving a hint, but that it wasn't direct info given by LE, so it's "possible."

IDK.

Speculation only, thinking aloud.

Thanks.Do you remembed hearing that also? If many heard it, I don't think it was ad libbed by the reporter.

Thanks.Do you remembed hearing that also? If many heard it, I don't think it was ad libbed by the reporter.

I recall what was recently posted above. I didn't hear it, but read it as I haven't heard any coverage of this case - just online articles.

jmopinion

Has anyone following this case, in any state, heard or read of the dismemberment very early on? That might be one of the rare honest moments in this case, it would also answer a lot of basement room questions. Nothing but double talk or silence with this case.

His skull would more than likely have been fractured if he fell from fourth floor. Plus the bag would have ripped and there would be a big mess to clean up. There would be blood stains on the street. All that blood could mean the body was in that basement room at some point.

OMG - Maybe that's why JUST his legs were burnt.. This is a horror show if true.. I was wondering why not his whole body..

Could they have pcked Foggia Florist because there might be a legal burn pit back there? Could the florist dude have turned them in? I read Gemma worked there or is related to them..moo

Rigor Mortis can set in as little as four hours.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rigor_mortis
I imagine The Bumbling Bumbalini Brothers would allow four hours pass and not realize this due to their age and stupidity. If this happened, they probably really flipped. Joey was solid muscle and VERY heavy at that point.

6 weeks and nothing... theirs actual video evidence and yet nothing... yet they toss innocent people in jail with less evidence. You all know if a person of color was involved, they would be thrown in a blink of an eye....

they both have something to do with it...

Did anyone notice the change of venues from The Gilded Lily to (gay friendy to gay) midstream to 1OAK..

Also, Joey's Instagram doesn't have a single woman on it? Not one. Its almost like he was trying to make a statement and was fine with himself. He was a beautiful, very loved person either way.

I just hope the prosecution isn't hindered by homophobia because there won't be any "justice For Joey"if that is the case.jmo

6 weeks and nothing... theirs actual video evidence and yet nothing... yet they toss innocent people in jail with less evidence. You all know if a person of color was involved, they would be thrown in a blink of an eye....

they both have something to do with it...

BBM

Agreed. Better yet, IMO, they all had something to do with it. Good thing is, they were arrested and charged. One is still in jail. Two are required to stay local.

Hello everyone. I have been following cases on Websleuths for quite awhile and just reading along. Today however, this case of Joey finally urges me to create an account. So many cases have touched me, but something about this one really pulled me in. I will say in the beginning I initially thought this was a simple case that would be an easy no brainer for LE to charge and solve. As time goes on my opinion keeps changing. At first I thought both Jimmy and Larry were in some way both responsible. Now I seem to be leaning toward Larry having more responsibility in Joeys death. I can't decide if jimmy's looks and statements of confusion are truthful ot not. I'm also confused on the motive, but I don't think this was caused by a person or people Joey just met that night. I also don't think it was as simple as a rejected sexual advance. I'm leaning towards something over drugs or possible was he being framed for a robbery gone wrong!?

So many what ifs in this case and I like reading others opinions on everhbtjng. One thing is for sure a young mans life was taken and its heartbreaking. I can't imagine the pain his friends and family feel. He was a very well liked person all around it seems. I think the holdup on murder charges show this case isn't what it appears at first. I just pray Joey gets justice. That's the least he deserves.

It must be a very sad Christmas for Joey's friends and family. Some of my fondest Christmas dinners have been hosted by Italian Americans, sitting at their tables and enjoying the rituals of their multi-course holiday feasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail