Why did Darlie not lock Garage door?

SnootyVixen

Former Member
Reaction score
One of the puzzle for me is this. Why did Darlie not reach and turn the lock on the door leading to the garage since she was in the room leading into the garage? To make sure that the intruder could not get back in?
I am not sure but I think that is what I would do if I was already follow him that far. What do you think?

SnootyVixen said:
One of the puzzle for me is this. Why did Darlie not reach and turn the lock on the door leading to the garage since she was in the room leading into the garage? To make sure that the intruder could not get back in?
I am not sure but I think that is what I would do if I was already follow him that far. What do you think?
:doh: because she was so worried about trying to cover up how she murdered her own 2 precious boys?

SnootyVixen said:

Well according to her own claims she didn't go into the room (Utility-room) leading to the garage. She just stood at the doorway.

I don't know honestly if I would have immediately thought to lock it myself (I'd probably be too freaked out). But then again this is the woman who was walking about 6 feet behind the intruder, speaking aloud to her son and turning lights on when he was still within the home so I dont know what that says about her.

Of course, since I believe she did the crime I don't think she had any need to have locked the U-room/garage door.

I think it was very sweet though of the intruder to close the door behind him.

Jeana (DP) said:
LOL That intruder was not only sweet as hell, but very very lucky.
And rather neat in cleaning up that blood on the kitchen floor that was never used against her. The defense likes to sweep that away but according to the book authors it was a part of the investigation.

SnootyVixen said:
\
You bring up a good point. You'd think it would be second nature to twist that lock, but as Dani said, Darlie claimed never to have gone any further than the entrance to the utility room. Of course her blood is all over it and the door, so I don't know how truthful she is being when she says that. I don't know how an intruder drips blood that looks like it came from a bleeding wound if he was not injured, fooling all the experts, but that is apparently what she wants us to believe.

SnootyVixen said:

Because there was no intruder to lock out.

Desilu said:
I think it was very sweet though of the intruder to close the door behind him.
Don't forget his x-ray vision. He was able to find the butcher block two times in a room so dark he couldn't see mounds of jewelry on the counter. He was polite enough to clean up some of the blood.... he was well coordinated, able to maneuver through a dark, junky garage while he was running to get away. He was lithe enough to avoid the light sensors and polite enough to close a jerry-rigged gate.
22.gif

beesy said:
Don't forget his x-ray vision. He was able to find the butcher block two times in a room so dark he couldn't see mounds of jewelry on the counter. He was polite enough to clean up some of the blood.... he was well coordinated, able to maneuver through a dark, junky garage while he was running to get away. He was lithe enough to avoid the light sensors and polite enough to close a jerry-rigged gate. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/22.gifhttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/22.gifhttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/22.gif
Don't forget his cat eyes....he could see in the dark well enough to take a winding....okay...angled path between boxes and garage sale junk to get to the UR door that, thank the stars in heaven, was left unlocked for him.

Ah, I see you called it x-ray vision. X-ray vision or cat eyes, either one works, I guess. He not only could see in the dark, but he managed to go through that mess in the garage, not once but twice, without knocking anything over.

Goody said:
Don't forget his cat eyes....he could see in the dark well enough to take a winding....okay...angled path between boxes and garage sale junk to get to the UR door that, thank the stars in heaven, was left unlocked for him.

Ah, I see you called it x-ray vision. X-ray vision or cat eyes, either one works, I guess. He not only could see in the dark, but he managed to go through that mess in the garage, not once but twice, without knocking anything over.
Yes, what luck, the door was open for him. If we go with the whole Super Intruder thing, maybe he had heat vision as well which unlocked the door. And remember an escaping killer would be running or trying to run through that garage. What talent

beesy said:
Yes, what luck, the door was open for him. If we go with the whole Super Intruder thing, maybe he had heat vision as well which unlocked the door. And remember an escaping killer would be running or trying to run through that garage. What talent
Well, you should know with your new business and all. You are now an expert on the super intruder. :croc:

I'm not sure where to put this but on the 911 call, when the dispatched asked Darlie if the front door was unlocked why did she instantly say yes?

partyuv5 said:
I'm not sure where to put this but on the 911 call, when the dispatched asked Darlie if the front door was unlocked why did she instantly say yes?
Darlie wrote in In Her Own Words, that she opened the door to yell for Karen. Who knows if that's true or not though. But that's what she says.

Goody said:
Well, you should know with your new business and all. You are now an expert on the super intruder. :croc:
Ha! Ha! I should have kept that thing. I didn't save it when I changed siggies.

partyuv5 said:
I missed this. Did she really say "yes?"

It could also be very possible that she left the door unlocked to aid hubby in his proposed insurance scams.I do not believe Darlie is completely guilty,nor do I believe the scam involved murder.I would be more inclined to believe a cooperative effort by Darlie to score some easy cash off the insurance co.with the intruder going a bit further than they had planned.Under this theory I would also believe that BOTH Darlie and Darin deserve an execution date,along with any future suspects,robberys/scams gone bad do qualify for execution under Tx law.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back